InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny: By Air ❯ Crashing Back to Reality ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer:
Inuyasha and all characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I don't own them and am not making any money from this.

-----------------------------------------
Written for Challenge Destiny: By Air. Originally posted August 27, 2011.

Title: Crashing Back to Reality
By Air #9 Crash Landing
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: Romance
Universe: Post Canon
Word Count: 188
Summary: Kagome realizes that her silence was taken the wrong way and hurries to fix it.
Warnings: None
-------------------------------------------


Kagome's heart continued to pound in her chest as his question repeated over and over in her mind. The intensity of his gaze combined with his words made her feel like she would suffocate. She couldn't think, couldn't breathe. She could only feel. She was overwhelmed by happiness. All of her hopes and wishes were coming true. Tears flowed freely down her face and she lifted her face to answer only to come crashing down as she saw the look on his face.

Kagome could only stare in shock at the pained look on his face and she realized that he had misunderstood her silence and tears. She quickly recovered from her crash landing back to reality and reached out, grasping his face and tilting it so he met her gaze. “Yes,” she blurted out hastily, wanting to quickly correct her mistake and clear up his misunderstanding. She would do anything to wipe that look off of his face. “Yes,” she said again and watched as first confusion, then understanding and finally hope and elation crossed his face. She smiled at him, conveying her own happiness.



Converting /tmp/php3GU9YE to /dev/stdout