InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny: By Land ❯ Which Way Did He Go? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer:
Inuyasha and all characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I don't own them and am not making any money from this.

-----------------------
Written for Challenge Destiny: By Land. Originally posted June 28, 2011.


Title: Which Way Did He Go?
By Land #1 Maze
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: General/Adventure
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 268
Summary: Inuyasha and Kagome are in a cave hunting a youkai with a shard but which way did it go?
Warnings: Language
-------------------------

“Get back here, ya bastard!” Inuyasha shouted as he ran into the cave after the youkai, Kagome on his back. He paused just inside the entrance and snarled when he saw no sign of his prey, an oni he and Kagome had stumbled across while on their way to meet the others. Once Kagome said that it had a shard, the youkai had turned and ran, leading to the chase. “Damn it you coward! Come out and fight me!”

As her companion continued to curse, Kagome carefully slid down from his back and reached into her bag, pulling out a flashlight. “Come on Inuyasha, we can't let him get away with that shard.” She flicked the flashlight on and allowed its beam to illuminate the tunnel before them.

“Keh! Ain't no way that damn coward is getting away with that shard,” Inuyasha said before taking point and starting down the tunnel. Kagome rolled her eyes and followed him.

They hadn't traveled long before the tunnel split, branching off into several other tunnels. Peering carefully down each branch, Inuyasha cursed again as Kagome's flashlight showed that each tunnel further branched off. “Damn it! Which way did that bastard go?!” He tried to search for the scent but all he could smell was the damp and dirt of the cave.

Kagome sighed as she also studied the tunnels. It was like they were about to enter a maze. One wrong turn and they would be lost, walking around in the dark for who knows how long. How were they supposed to pick the right path?


Converting /tmp/phpzm4XQw to /dev/stdout