InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny: By Land ❯ Hope ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer:
Inuyasha and all characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I don't own them and am not making any money from this.

-------------------------
Written for Challenge Destiny: By Land. Originally posted June 28, 2011.

Title: Hope
By Land #10 Blossom
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: Adventure
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 175
Summary: Inuyasha dares to hope.
Warnings: Language
-----------------------------------

Inuyasha sat there and held her, feeling hopeless and helpless. Suddenly he froze and his eyes widened. Was that? Hope began to blossom in his chest as he remained absolutely still. Could it be?

There it was again! A small puff of breath against his neck. He hadn't imagined it. Relief filled him as he carefully listened. There! He could make out the faint th-thump of her heart beating. Another breath against his neck. She was alive! Kagome was alive!

He sagged with relief even as he clutched her tighter to his chest. “Damn it wench. Don't scare me like that.” Inuyasha gently nuzzled his nose against her head before carefully standing. “Feh. Let's get out of here. I'm sure you'll want a bath as soon as you wake up.” With that he carefully made his way out of the buried cavern and into the tunnel before swiftly running towards daylight and freedom. Everything would be okay now, he knew. All because hope was not lost. Not as long as Kagome still lived.



Converting /tmp/php2dRU8T to /dev/stdout