InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny: By Land ❯ The Awakening ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer:
Inuyasha and all characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I don't own them and am not making any money from this.

-----------------------------
Written for Challenge Destiny: By Land. Originally posted June 28, 2011.

Title: The Awakening
By Land #11 Hot Spring
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: Adventure/Romance
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 269
Summary: A tired and dirty Kagome awakens.
Warnings: Language
-------------------------------------

Kagome groaned as she came awake. Her whole body was sore. Something warm and wet passed across her face and she gasped. She opened her eyes only to close them against the bright sunlight. It was too bright.

Wait a minute. Her thoughts were scrambled, confused. The last thing she could remember was darkness. So why was it so bright?

Hesitantly, she cracked her eyes open again. This time her Kagome met the sight of a pair of worried golden eyes, staring directly into her own. She felt her heart give a painful lurch as she realized how close Inuyasha was. “Inu-Inuyasha,” she gasped.

“Kagome,” he murmured before tugging her up against his chest. “You're alright.”

Kagome was elated but confused at his actions. He was hugging her? “Inuyasha? What happened?”

His arms tightened briefly before he released her and turned away, arms crossed over his chest. Kagome immediately missed his warmth even as she looked at him in concern. Glancing around, she discovered that they were at a hot spring. That would explain the warm, wet sensation that had awoken her but how did they get here? Trying to remember she nearly missed his softly spoken “I'm sorry.”

Kagome jerked around in shock. Inuyasha never apologizes! “Inuyasha?” His shoulders were shaking.

“You were right. I shouldn't have- You could have- Fuck!” Inuyasha punched the ground as he found it impossible to finish.

It all came back to her. The cave, the youkai, the ceiling collapsing, being buried alive. “Inuyasha,” she said softly as she place a hand on his shoulder.


Converting /tmp/php8ubKK0 to /dev/stdout