InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny: By Land ❯ Sinking Into Your Eyes ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer:
Inuyasha and all characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I don't own them and am not making any money from this.

----------------------------------
Written for Challenge Destiny: By Land. Originally posted June 28, 2011.

Title: Sinking Into Your Eyes
By Land #12 Quicksand
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: Adventure/Romance
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 264
Summary: Kagome reassures Inuyasha.
Warnings: Language
-------------------------------------------

Kagome was unprepared for what happened next. After she placed her hand on his shoulder, Inuyasha tensed then whirled around to face her. She stared into his intense golden eyes, and felt herself sinking. She couldn't tear her gaze away. It was like she was in quicksand, the longer she stared into his eyes the deeper she sank. She was barely aware of Inuyasha grasping her shoulders.

“Damn it wench! You could have died! And it would have been my fault!” He shook her and the spell was broken. She shook her head to clear it.

“I'm alright Inuyasha,” she hastened to reassure him but he paid her no mind.

“Could have lost you. My fault,” he mumbled as he stared down at her without really seeing her.

Kagome gently placed a hand on his face, forcing him to meet her gaze once more. It was his turn to freeze as he stared into her eyes. “But you didn't. I'm alright because of you. You saved me Inuyasha. Just like you always do.” She gave him a smile before wrapping her arms around him. He hesitantly returned her embrace. Tilting her head back she kissed his cheek and stepped back. “Thank you for saving me.”

“Kagome,” he murmured, shocked, his hand touching his cheek.

Kagome simply smiled again and shook her head. “Now I think I need a bath.”

Inuyasha gave her a smile in return, understanding filling his face before he turned and left to give her some privacy. All was right in the world again.



Converting /tmp/phpKPslcj to /dev/stdout