InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny: By Sea ❯ Into the Sunset ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer:
Inuyasha and all characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I don't own them and am not making any money from this.

----------------------------------------
Written for Challenge Destiny: By Sea. Originally posted July 31, 2011.
Title: Into the Sunset
By Sea #12 Sail Away
Author: ananova
Rating: K
Genre: Romance
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 233
Summary: The field trip has come to an end. Time for Kagome and Inuyasha to return home.
------------------------------------------


Kagome smiled as she boarded the bus to return to the school. Inuyasha had returned her to the marina and while she had had to make an excuse for her friends, no one else had noticed her disappearance. She had simply told them that she had gotten distracted and it had taken her awhile to find them afterward. Though they had seemed surprised by her good mood but she couldn't help but smile now that things had been cleared up between her and Inuyasha. Especially since she knew he was nearby, watching over her.

They quickly returned to school and then went their separate ways, returning to their homes. Kagome was glad to meet up with Inuyasha and gladly accepted his offer of a ride.

So now, here she was, on Inuyasha's back as he leaped from across the building rooftops and she couldn't imagine any place she would rather be. Soon it would be time to return to the past but for now she was content to sail away from everything else with her beloved hanyou, simply basking in his presence as they soared through the air. Things that had seemed uncertain no longer were now that their love had been confessed. Together they could face anything. They would face the future together, and once their quest was over they could sail away into the sunset. They would have their happy ending.



Converting /tmp/phpfK8ZX2 to /dev/stdout