InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny Movie Madness: July - Thriller/Horror ❯ Face Stealer ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Challenge Destiny on July 2, 2012 for Movie Madness July: Thriller/Horror.

Title: Face Stealer
Prompt Name/Prompt List/Ficlet # : Face Off – July - #7
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: Admin's Genre- Thriller/Horror
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 700
Summary: Inuyasha and Kagome make a gruesome discovery.
Warnings: Minor Language, Slight Gore but nothing really graphic.

-----------------------------


Kagome shuddered, turning away even as Inuyasha moved to shield her from the sight. “I think I'm gonna be sick,” she muttered, one hand clamping around her mouth as her body started to heave. Strong hands took her gently by the shoulders and led her away, holding her hair back as she suited actions to words. “Thanks,” she said, face pale as she tried not to look back.

“You alright?” Inuyasha asked, concern evident in his voice.

Kagome settled for nodding, unsure of her voice.

Inuyasha snorted. “Wait here, I'll take care of it.” He quickly returned to the body, pausing as his eyes carefully examined the gory scene before burying it and hurrying back to Kagome's side.

Kagome saw the thoughtful look on his face as he approached. “D-do you think that he was killed by the youkai the villagers were so afraid of?”

“Probably.”

Kagome shuddered again. “What could have done it though? His face, it completely tore his face off!” Her body was wracked by more shudders.

Inuyasha sighed as he stared at her, worry evident in his golden eyes. “Come on, I'm taking you back to the village while I hunt this thing.” A frown furrowed his brows as he glanced back toward where the body had been. There had been no sign of the man's face at all. Whatever had killed him had completely removed all trace of it.

“No! I'm not leaving you out here alone!” Why had they decided to split up from the others anyway? She couldn't remember.

“Keh! And you're in no condition to help. 'Sides, I don't want you anywhere near this thing.”

Kagome's expression softened. “Inuyasha.” A rustling in the bushes interrupted her. With a soft growl Inuyasha stepped protectively in front of Kagome.

A man stumbled out of the brush and raised his empty hands upon spotting Inuyasha. “Don't hurt me,” he pleaded.

Kagome peeked around the hanyou. “Are you alright?”

Inuyasha growled low, not liking the contemplative look the man sent her.

“Yes, just lost. Can you tell me how to get back to the village?”

“That way,” Inuyasha pointed. Something about this guy had him on edge.

“You should be careful, there's something dangerous in this forest,” Kagome told him.

“Yes, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks again.” He walked off.

Kagome glanced at Inuyasha. “Should we have-”

“No.” His tone was final. He sniffed the air before she could say anything else. “Wait here, I'm gonna check something.” He leaped away.

“Damn,” Inuyasha muttered, examining the body he had found. “Poor woman.” She had been brutally killed, and obviously attacked before hand. At least she still had her face. He frowned, glancing back the way he had come and hesitating. He couldn't just leave her like this but he couldn't leave Kagome alone either. And he definitely didn't want her to see this.

“So you've found another of my works,” a voice said before something hit him.

Inuyasha snarled, finding himself unable to move. “You!”

It was the man from earlier but his face seemed to be melting off. “Yes me.” He extended his hand, razor sharp claws appearing. “Don't worry, this will hurt a lot. I'll take good care of your girl for you.” He laughed. “She won't even realize I'm not you until it's too late.”

“Argh!” Inuyasha screamed as the claws began to dig into the side of his face. But the pain vanished just as suddenly and Inuyasha glanced up as the 'man' burst into dust.

“Inuyasha!” Kagome cried as she lowered her bow, racing to his side.

“You never listen, do you?”

“And good thing for you I didn't.” She frowned at the cut on his face. “Are you alright?”

“Feh, it's just a scratch.” Inwardly he was glad she hadn't listened, not for his sake but her own. He ushered her from the area, making a silent promise to return for the woman but knowing she would already rest easier now that her tormentor was gone.