InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny Movie Madness: July - Thriller/Horror ❯ The Wizard ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Challenge Destiny on July 4, 2012 for Movie Madness July: Thriller/Horror.

Title: The Wizard
Prompt Name/Prompt List/Ficlet # : The Wizard of Oz  – July - #12
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: Admin's Genre- Thriller/Horror
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 414
Summary: Kagome has been captured but by who? Follows the previous entry in the collection, Into the Forest.
Warnings: Slight Gore?

-------------------------


Kagome groaned as she slowly came to. “Inuyasha!” she called as her memory returned in a rush. But there was no answer. She tried to sit up from her prone position, her fear increasing as she found herself unable to move, her arms and legs tied to the ground. She lifted her head. The room was dark, only a few torches lit at various points on the wall to illuminate it. But she thought she could see something in the darkness nearby. She squinted but couldn't make it out.

Suddenly the torches flared and she winced. Once her eyes adjusted to the increased light, she looked around the room again. “Aah!” she screamed, her eyes landing on the various body parts arranged around her. She shuddered in revulsion and horror as she realized that these were the missing parts of the bodies they had discovered.

“So, you're finally awake,” a wizened voice spoke up, drawing her attention to a figure standing to one side.

“W-who are you?”

“I am the great wizard Osamu. And you, my dear, you shall help me complete my task.” He started to cackle. “I can feel your reiki from here. It will help me charge my spell. Hahaha!”

Kagome shuddered once more. 'This guy is definitely not the Wizard of Oz,' she thought as she futilely struggled against the rope binding her. Her eyes widened as she realized that she lay in the center of a floor drawing, a pentagram of some sort with the body parts carefully arranged around her.

Osamu noticed her struggles. “It will do you no good,” he told her before frowning. “Stop that, you'll ruin the drawing!”

Kagome's struggles increased at that. 'Good,' she thought as she tried to wipe it away with her body. “Aah!” she screamed as pain wracked her body, a bolt of something fired from Osamu's fingers into her body. She nearly blacked out.

When she regained her senses, still laying on the ground but gasping for air, she became aware of Osamu carefully redrawing the runes on the ground. Her eyes widened as she realized that he had untied her, and she forced herself to her feet, running for the door she could barely see at the top of the stairs.

Osamu scowled after her. “Run if you like, it will do you no good.” He chuckled darkly as he slowly stood and followed her at a sedate pace.