InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny Movie Madness: June - Comedy ❯ Bringing the Fantasy to Life ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Challenge Destiny on June 14, 2012 for Movie Madness June: Comedy/Romantic Comedy.

Title: Bringing the Fantasy to Life
Prompt Name/Prompt List/Ficlet # : The Princess Bride – June - #8
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: Admin's Genre- Comedy/Romantic Comedy
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 504
Summary: Inuyasha discovers Kagome's favorite movie/book and decides to help her live parts of it.
Warnings: None

----------------------


“Osuwari! Don't touch my things!” Kagome snatched the book Inuyasha had been flipping through and stormed out of the room.

“What's her problem?” Inuyasha muttered as the spell released him. “She's never minded me looking at one of her books before.”

“Oh, that's not one of her school books,” Souta piped up from where he had witnessed the exchange. “That's her favorite fiction, she gets really mad if someone messes with it. Here, we have a copy of the movie, you can watch it in my room.”

Inuyasha frowned at the beginning. “Why the hell does he let her walk all over him?”

“Supposedly because he loves her. Don't you let sis do things like sit you or make you carry her things?”

Inuyasha grumbled but settled down to watch the rest. He stared incredulously at various points, though he did enjoy the fight scenes. “And Kagome actually likes this?” he asked Souta once it was over.

The boy nodded. “It's her favorite. I remember she used to go around wishing her life was like Buttercup's.”

Inuyasha snorted. 'Looks like she got her wish.' Still, he grinned as an idea came to him. Now if only he could get Miroku to help.

When they finally returned through the well Kagome couldn't stop shooting Inuyasha suspicious looks. He was being unusually nice, doing the things she asked without an argument. He would just agree and say “Alright, if you wish wench.” Or other similar things.

It all came to a head the next time they ran into Naraku, or rather, one of his puppets. Instead of Inuyasha launching into his usual threats and posturing, he merely gave Miroku an expectant look.

The houshi stepped forward, Shakujou held at the ready. He cleared his throat. “Hello. My name is Miroku. You killed my father. Prepare to die.” And he started chasing the confused Naraku around the field. He finally cornered him with some help from Inuyasha and plunged his staff into the puppet, destroying it.

As she stared at him it all clicked into place. “Inuyasha!”

“What wench?” he asked as he struggled not to laugh at the expression on her face.

“Oh, I'm gonna kill Souta. I can't believe he showed you The Princess Bride! And that you actually sat through it!”

“Feh, the fights were actually kind of interesting. Could of done without all the lovey dovey stuff though.” He smirked at her. “So, how do you like living a life like Buttercup's? Was it everything you dreamed?”

“Osuwari.”

Thud! “As you wish, wench,” he said through a mouthful of dirt. 'At least I didn't have to end up 'mostly dead'. I wonder if she's realized yet?'

Kagome merely sighed and shook her head. What was she gonna do with him? Though she smiled as she realized that he had placed himself in Westley's role and herself in Buttercup's. Maybe there was hope yet.