InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny Movie Madness: June - Comedy ❯ Final Reward? ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Challenge Destiny on June 15, 2012 for Movie Madness June: Comedy/Romantic Comedy.

Title: Final Reward?
Prompt Name/Prompt List/Ficlet # : All Dogs Go to Heaven – June - #9
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: Admin's Genre- Comedy
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 699
Summary: Has Inuyasha really died or is it all just a dream?
Warnings: Language and OOCness

--------------------------


Inuyasha felt himself go flying through the air, Kagome's scream ringing in his ears. Then pain as he collided head first with a large, ancient tree and the world around him went black.

A bright light burned through his eyelids and he opened them, blinking at the white expanse that surrounded him. “Where am I?” he muttered, frowning. His eyes widened. “Kagome?!” He remembered her scream, she was in danger!

“There you are Inuyasha.”

He turned at the familiar voice, relief filling him. She was safe. He frowned. “What are you wearing?” She was clad completely in a one-piece white outfit that hung from one shoulder, the other bare. He flushed at how much cleavage was showing.

“We've been waiting for you,” she said, ignoring his question. “Come have some ramen.” She pulled him along and his mouth watered at the sight before him. Ramen of every type covered every surface.

“W-what is this place?”

“Heaven of course. Didn't you know all dogs go to heaven?” Kagome answered with a little laugh.

Inuyasha froze from where he had been reaching for a bowl of ramen. “Heaven? Then, we're dead? I failed you.”

“Nonsense, Inuyasha. We have been granted our final reward. There is no failure in that.”

His eyes widened at the speaker. “K-Kikyou?”

“Now we can be together forever,” the miko said as she latched onto his arm.

Kagome glared at her and grabbed onto his other. “Let go, I saw him first.”

“He is mine.”

“No, he's mine.”

Inuyasha's head swiveled back and forth between the two of them as he was tugged back and forth. What the hell was going on?

Suddenly both released him and began to fight. It was an ugly fight, biting, scratching, hair pulling.

He blinked, where did that tub of ramen come from? Well, that was an interesting sight, he mused as the broth turned their white outfits see-through.

Finally, the victor emerged. Kagome marched out of the tub with her head held up proudly, Kikyou a sobbing wreck behind her. “Now, where we?” she asked before grasping his shirt and pulling him into a deep kiss.

Separating, he licked his lips. 'Yum, ramen and Kagome, I think that's my new favorite combination.'

“Come on Inuyasha, there are others waiting to see you.”

He perked up. “Mother?” he asked, then remembered what she had said earlier about all dogs going to heaven. 'Maybe I'll finally get to meet Father.'

He followed her. “Where are we going?” he asked after a few moments. Everything looked the same, a vast whiteness.

“Really Inuyasha, have you no patience?” A deep voice asked behind him.

“What are you doing here Bastard?” Inuyasha growled, hand going for a sword that wasn't there.

Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow at him. “Idiot, you've already been told all dogs go to heaven. What do you think I'm doing here? Now come give your big brother a hug!”

Inuyasha flinched as his half-brother held his arms out for an embrace, a wide smile looking so out of place on his face.

“Come on Inuyasha, we can finally be one big happy family,” Kagome told him as ran into Sesshomaru's embrace, one arm gesturing for him to join them.

“Yes, we can even have ramen together,” Sesshomaru added, creepy smile still in place as he held a bowl out to him.

“Gah!” Inuyasha jerked straight up.

“Inuyasha, thank goodness you're alright,” Kagome's voice came as she appeared at his side. He was happy to see that she was alright and in her normal attire.

“W-what happened?”

“An oni got the jump on you, tossing you into a tree. I purified it but was worried when you wouldn't wake up. Here,” she said, holding out a bowl of ramen. “You were mumbling about ramen so I figured you'd be hungry when you came to.”

He stared at it in horror. “N-no! No ramen,” he cried, trying to move away.

Kagome stared at him. 'He must have hit his head harder than I thought.'