InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny Movie Madness: June - Comedy ❯ The Overprotective Father ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Challenge Destiny on June 19, 2012 for Movie Madness June: Comedy/Romantic Comedy.

Title: The Overprotective Father
Prompt Name/Prompt List/Ficlet # : Overboard – June - #10
Author: ananova
Rating: K+
Genre: Admin's Genre- Comedy/Romantic Comedy
Universe: A/U
Word Count: 655
Summary:  Kagome thinks Inuyasha is going a bit too far in his efforts to protect their daughter's virtue.
Warnings: None

------------------


Inuyasha growled as he paced at the foot of the staircase. “She's too young!” he nearly snarled at Kagome.

“Inuyasha, she's fifteen years old. She's the same age I was when I started dating you and look how that turned out,” Kagome pointed out, exasperated with her husband.

“And I said she couldn't date until she was thirty! I should march right up there and tell her she's not going! In fact, I should go nail the doors and windows shut. Like to see her go on her date then.” He nodded emphatically.

Kagome rolled her eyes. “Be reasonable, it's just a date to the school dance. Don't you think you're going just a bit overboard with the whole overprotective father act? What do you think is really going to happen at a middle-school dance?”

He stopped his pacing to give her an incredulous look. “Don't you remember the situations we got into at that age?!” He stared pacing again.

She blushed slightly. “This is different. We've known Katsuro his whole life, he's practically family.”

Inuyasha stopped dead in his tracks, hands flexing at his sides. “Look at who his father is! Miroku's my best friend and everything but I don't want his son anywhere near my little girl. I bet the apple don't fall far from the tree!”

“Inuyasha!”

But movement at the top of the stairs interrupted the tongue-lashing she was about to give him. Izayoi appeared, beaming. “How do I look?” she asked, giving a little twirl.

Inuyasha's jaw dropped. “Get back upstairs and change! You are not going out in that!”

Her face fell. “Does it really look that bad?”

“Inuyasha!” Kagome hissed, stomping on his foot. “No honey, you look beautiful. Ignore your father, he's a little high-strung at the moment.”

“Keh!”

The bell rang and Izayoi lit up again. “He's here, and right on time.” She looked around, frowning. “Have you seen my purse, Mama?”

“I think so. Inuyasha get the door while I help her. And be nice or else,” she warned.

“Keh!” He grumbled under his breath as he stomped to the door. Opening it he gave the boy standing there a glare that could melt steel.

Katsuro gulped and held up the flowers in his hand as if to ward him off. “H-hi U-uncle Inu,” he stuttered. “T-these are for I-izayoi. Is s-she ready?”

Inuyasha continued glare, baring his fangs at the boy. “Listen to me closely boy. I'm going to be giving her a very close inspection when she returns. If I find your scent on her anywhere it shouldn't be, they'll never find your body.” He cracked his knuckles threateningly.

Katsuro gulped again, nodding his agreement. He looked exceedingly relieved once the women joined them. “H-here,” he said as he thrust the flowers at the younger hanyou.

Izayoi took them, sniffing slightly. “They're beautiful. Thank you Kastu-kun,” she beamed at him and handed them to her mother. Turning to face both parents she said “I'll see you later.”

“Be back no later than 9!”

“Inuyasha!”

“Papa! The dance isn't even over until 10!” She pouted.

“Don't worry, Izayoi, he didn't mean it,” Kagome said glaring at her husband. “Have fun and be back by 11.”

“11-!” He was cut off by Kagome stomping on his foot.

A few more goodbyes and the two teens were out the door. Inuyasha glared after them. “Knew I should have gotten her a chastity belt,” he muttered.

Kagome slapped his shoulder. “Keep it up and you'll be sleeping on the couch. But if you behave when they return you will be rewarded.” She winked saucily at him.

He paused, mind racing at the images her words conjured. “Define behave,” he said with a lecherous grin.