InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Change of Heart - A Sesshoumaru & Inuyasha Story ❯ Dinner Means A Happy Hanyou ( Chapter 17 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
If I owned them, there would be a hell of a lot more of this going on in the anime. Guess that tells you who owns who. XD
I WISH I was making money off of this. Sadly, I am not.
*****
THIS IS YAOI-INSCEST! IF YOU DON’T LIKE THIS KIND OF THING, THEN DON’T READ IT. FLAMES WILL BE HAPPILY IGNORED.
**********
Comment: Tasty stuff for Inuyasha this time. After this though….just wait for Chapter 18. ;)


Chapter 17 - Dinner Means A Happy Hanyou


A few hours later Inuyasha awoke. At first, he couldn’t figure out why he felt so different. He knew for a fact that he had never woken up feeling quite like this; so he kept his eyes closed for a moment while he sorted out the scents around him.

That lasted for about two seconds. When the first scent that hit his nose was the scent of his pleasure and Sesshoumaru’s scent mixed, his eyes opened wide and he pushed himself up, the images of before flying through his mind. He was distracted from those thoughts momentarily as he realized that his head had been on his brother’s chest.

This in turn woke Sesshoumaru, who only smiled down at him. That smile made Inuyasha feel a bit better. ‘So Sesshoumaru doesn’t seem to be regretting what we did. Do I regret it?’ Inuyasha was thinking quite hard, and Sesshoumaru could tell. ‘No, I can’t say that I regret it. As long as I can still have time to learn about my InuYoukai heritage and all that comes with mating, then I definitely don’t regret it. I now know I will want to be his mate, that we can find pleasure together, but I don’t think I should say anything just yet.’

Before Inuyasha could continue with his internal discussion, Sesshoumaru brushed some hair from Inuyasha’s eyes and looked at him seriously. “Inuyasha, no matter what we did, or what we will do, you will still have time to make your decision about us. It will be your decision, no one else’s. Do you understand?”

Inuyasha’s eyes widened in surprise for a moment, but then he smiled. A large, genuine smile that made Sesshoumaru’s heart stop in his chest at the beauty it revealed. “Yes Aniki, I understand. I do still want a little time to think, but I’m realizing that there may not be quite so much for me to think about. I think most of my hesitation is from wanting to know more about InuYoukai, because there are a lot of things that have kinda surprised me since knowing you better. I just want to know what to expect, both about being mates and about living here. You know, stuff like living with youkai all around instead of only humans.”

Sesshoumaru nodded. “I should have taught you these things. Myoga should have as well. Why he did not is a question he will have to answer when we see him next.”

Inuyasha smiled a little at the thought of the Flea-Youkai being spoken to by Sesshoumaru about neglecting his duties. He thought that the Flea would probably be avoiding the two of them like the plague once he found out that Inuyasha was in residence in the castle.

Sesshoumaru continued, “But Inuyasha, you should know that I am very impressed with your instincts. I do not think it will take you long to learn about our kind.”

‘Again he’s complimenting me. Now that is something I need to learn how to deal with too,’ Inuyasha thought as he blushed.

“So, should we go try to eat? It’s not too late now, is it?” he asked.

“No, Otouto, it is not too late. While we do have set times for three meals each day, you and I are the Lords of the West, and as such, we can eat at any time we choose. Now, let us both get up; I can hear your stomach growling,” Sesshoumaru smirked.

Inuyasha grinned and threw a pillow at him. “Yeah, yeah… I haven’t eaten in a while, so I’m bound to be hungry.”

Sesshoumaru did not ask, but he worried about how long it had actually been. At least from now on the boy would eat properly. “We missed the morning and afternoon meals, so it is no wonder you are hungry. Instead of waiting for the evening meal, we will go and have ours early.”

Sesshoumaru rose, and thinking once again about his brother’s shyness, said, “Otouto, my clothes are wrinkled from sleeping in them. I will go change and meet you in the hallway so we can go to the dining room together,” he said as he left the room.

Inuyasha felt some relief, but immediately felt silly. No matter how shy he still felt when it came to showing his body, after everything his brother had just said and how he’d touched him, being shy around him didn’t make too much sense. He’d try to work on that.

He rose and walked to the bathroom, quickly washed himself and brushed his hair, and then he opened the wardrobe.

The wardrobe was a massive piece…over eight feet high and easily ten feet wide. It had sliding doors that opened to clothes hanging on rods that could fold in and out of the wardrobe, and multiple drawers for other clothing pieces like obis, fundoshi, socks, and slippers of all kinds. It even had storage space for boots and sandals. He had gone from only having a few choices to unlimited choices overnight, and it was a bit overwhelming.

It would all take some getting used to. He really wanted to try some of the styles that were different from his Fire Rat suikan and hakama, but for now, he’d choose one that was similar, just so he’d feel more comfortable.  

He chose a black and red silk kimono and hakama with a cream-white juban. In thick gold thread, his family’s crest was embroidered above his heart. Gold embroidery, accented with cream and red threads on the sleeves, showed Inu playing in fallen leaves. Unlike his normal sashinuki-hakama, these were loose around his ankles, but he really liked how they felt as he walked. The obi that matched was black, white, and gold, with swirls of red, and accented at the ends with more gold thread. He wrapped it around his waist and tied Tetsusaiga in at his side.

He stared at himself in the mirror for a moment, deciding that he liked black very much.

He then saw the tabi, zori, and even boots like Sesshoumaru’s that had been made for him, but decided he’d had enough change for one day. Maybe for formal stuff he’d wear boots or sandals, but if he didn’t have to, he probably wouldn’t. He’d always wished for shoes after his Mother’s death, but after going for so long with none, he was much more comfortable without them. Plus, he liked how the smooth wood and stone floors of the castle felt on his bare feet.

He exited his room and turned to pull the doors closed behind him, not yet noticing that Sesshoumaru was already there waiting. Sesshoumaru could only stare at his little brother.

His hair, hanging nearly fifteen inches past his waist, glistened in the light from the candles and the late-afternoon sunlight from the windows. His honey-colored skin was set off perfectly by the black and white silk. In addition, seeing their family’s crest on his Otouto gave him that warm feeling in his chest again. His little brother truly looked like a Lord of the West. He noticed the boy was not wearing shoes, but that was not important when it was just a normal meal.

Inuyasha turned to catch his brother staring at him. “Do I have something on my face?” Inuyasha asked worriedly.

“No,” Sesshoumaru answered. “I am just enjoying the sight of you in those clothes. You look absolutely beautiful Inuyasha.”

The Hanyou blushed and couldn’t find his voice for a moment. Sesshoumaru simply took his hand in his, and they walked down the hallway towards the dining hall.

Sesshoumaru spoke again, “We will be going to the family dining room tonight. There is a larger, formal dining room, but that is only used for when we have guests. Close advisors of mine that I consider friends can eat in this private dining room with us, as well as the castle staff that closely serve the family; this last was Rin’s idea, most likely so she wouldn’t have to eat alone or with only Jaken when I am busy. The guards eat in their own barracks, and other staff take their meals in smaller staff dining areas near their rooms.

“In the private hall, we have our own chef. He will be the only one to ever cook for you or me, so it is important that you let him know what you like,” Sesshoumaru explained.

“Um, I don’t really know any names of dishes. Is that what he’s gonna want to know?” Inuyasha asked.

“No. He will only want to know what types of meat you like, are there any spices you know of that you like or dislike. Knowing him, for tonight, I am sure he will have tried to prepare many different things. Then afterward, you can tell him what you enjoyed the most,” Sesshoumaru explained.

They entered the private dining room, and again Inuyasha was impressed. Rather than the low tables common in Japan, there was a massive rectangular, polished oak table, carved on the edges, with twenty matching high-backed chairs, all in the Western Style. The two chairs at the head of the table were larger and more ornately carved than any of the others, and showed scenes of Inu, along with knotwork in the Celtic style. There were chandeliers hanging above filled with candles, and they gave off a soft light. Above that was a massive skylight, through which he could see the early-evening stars and the last of daylight fading. It was beautiful.

Sesshoumaru pulled out the Lord’s chair on the left, and nodded for Inuyasha to be seated. Then he sat down in the identical one to Inuyasha’s right. All the other chairs were empty.

The chef came out through a set of double doors on the wall behind them. “Good evening my Lords!” He walked up to Inuyasha’s left side and bowed to them both, then he clasped his hands together. “I have been anxious, waiting all day to meet our new Lord. It is my pleasure to meet you, Lord Inuyasha. My name is Kenzo. If I may, since I do not yet know what you prefer to eat, I have created a type of ‘buffet’, a selection of various dishes. Could I serve this to My Lords this evening, or did you have something more specific in mind?”

“Your ‘buffet’ idea sounds fine. For you Inuyasha?” Sesshoumaru asked.

“You’re right, it sounds fantastic. The more food the better ‘cause I’m starving!” Inuyasha said enthusiastically.

Kenzo’s face beamed at the young Lord’s comment. “Well then! I will start to bring it all out! Allow me first to bring your drinks,” and with that, he turned and hurried back to the kitchen.

In that moment, a few of both male and female servants entered the hall through various doors. All bowing to their Lords in unison, one female nearest them said, “My Lords, may we join you? We would all like an opportunity to meet Lord Inuyasha, but if this was to be private then we can wait for the evening meal. We do not wish to intrude.”

Sesshoumaru leaned close to Inuyasha to say quietly, “Otouto, I know you are not very comfortable with too many people, so it is your decision. I know that they would only like the opportunity to meet you briefly and be near you, but they can all meet you later as well. It is up to you.”

Inuyasha “Keh’d” nervously, but then decided he was trying new things, and this wouldn’t be so bad. His aversion to crowds was because of the way they’d always treated him, like some kind of filth. He didn’t think that would be the case here, and they seemed friendly so far.

“It’s fine with me, Aniki. I’d like to meet them too,” Inuyasha replied.

Sesshoumaru was proud of his baby brother. He knew why he felt the way he did, and was proud he was trying to get past those bad memories.

“Please, all of you, sit down and join us,” Sesshoumaru said, waving to the empty chairs. “I will not go through formal introductions right now, so you may introduce yourselves as you have the chance.”

The servants all smiled as they took their seats. Inuyasha realized that they filled the seats closest to the head of the table first, but left one chair open to the immediate right of Sesshoumaru.

Looking at the chair more closely, he realized it was carved differently and was sized slightly larger than the other chairs the servants had taken. It had a princess standing with both a unicorn and a large Inu, and in the distance sat a castle the exact match to the one they lived in.

Just as he was about to ask his brother about it, a young woman came running in from a door near the opposite end of the dining hall.

She hastily tried to compose herself as she slowed to walk quickly towards the head of the table, tucking in sections of her hair that were coming loose from her hair-combs. As she approached the empty chair, she bowed to both him and Sesshoumaru. It was then he realized he recognized her.

‘Is this Rin?’

“Lord Sesshoumaru, Lord Inuyasha, forgive me for being late! I am so happy I finally get to see you again!” she said excitedly as she ran behind Sesshoumaru’s chair and reached to hug Inuyasha tightly. He hugged her back, startled at how much she had grown in just the time he hadn’t seen her. She was a beautiful young woman now.

“Hey Rin,” Inuyasha smiled. “It’s nice to see you again too, kiddo. How’ve you been?”

“Great!” She beamed at him. “Lord Sesshoumaru? May I move my chair to sit next to Lord Inuyasha? I haven’t seen him in forever!”

Sesshoumaru could only smile. “Yes Rin, you may; but try to remember he is going to be living here now, so you will have plenty of time with him. He is not going anywhere,” he smiled at Inuyasha and winked.

The demon sitting to Inuyasha’s left quickly rose and smiled at him as she switched the chairs.

Rin nearly bounced into her seat. “I’m so glad you’re here, Lord Inuyasha! Would you like to see my gardens tomorrow?” She was so excited she was talking a mile-a-minute, and Inuyasha couldn’t help but smile at her.

“Sure kiddo, but it’s just ‘Inuyasha’. You don’t have to call me ‘Lord’ every time. Okay?” Inuyasha replied, not noticing how the servants were surprised at his words. “And for sure I’d like to see them. I’d really love to see more of the walled-in forest below my balcony. Is that someone’s private forest, or can anyone visit it?”

Rin glanced at Sesshoumaru quickly. He nodded slightly, and she replied, “Lord…I mean Just Inuyasha…that is your forest. Lord Sesshoumaru had it made especially for you a few years ago. No one has been allowed into it…you are to be the first…but I know the way,” she smiled. “Tomorrow, I can show you the way to get there if you’d like.”

Sesshoumaru leaned towards Inuyasha again and whispered, his lips teasing a silky ear and causing it to twitch, “Otouto, it is a gift from me to you. I know how much you loved your forest, and felt you should have one here.”

Inuyasha was stunned. ‘An entire forest just for me? And he created it years ago? So he must have at least wanted me here as a brother even back then...’ He smiled at Sesshoumaru, his eyes glowing with happiness. Before he could say anything in reply, his attention was diverted by Kenzo exploding from the kitchen with servants in tow, all carrying huge platters of food.

As they placed the dishes onto the table, Inuyasha’s eyes only grew wider. ‘There is raw meat here! I wonder if I can have only that? But the steamed vegetables look great too! Oh! Fresh bread?!’

Sesshoumaru watched his sibling practically drooling while staring at the platters of raw meat. He wondered, not for the first time, what the boy had been eating before.

When they were finished serving the food, the kitchen servants retreated through the double doors. Kenzo clasped his hands together in front of him and addressed his Lords. “I have many wines here to choose from, as well as water. If there is anything else I can bring for you, please ring this bell,” he said as he placed a small bell on the table between Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha.

“Thank you! This looks fantastic!” Inuyasha exclaimed. Kenzo beamed, not used to such excitement over his cooking.

Sesshoumaru did not want his brother to have to wait, so he immediately started to serve himself. Inuyasha started right after him, and that was the signal to all to begin. Sesshoumaru noticed that Inuyasha only took a huge portion of seasoned raw meat and bread at first.

“Do you want only meat and bread, Little Brother?” the DaiYoukai asked. “This is not a prison, so you can have some of everything if you wish,” he teased.

Inuyasha startled slightly, and then asked, “Should I not take so much? Will there be enough?” The joke flew over his head to land somewhere behind Rin.

“No, it is not that. I just thought you would want something else too.”

“Oh, well, no, not yet. I never got to have raw meat unless I snuck off by myself. It was harder to do that after Kagome returned. I haven’t had raw meat like this in years! Actually, I think the last time I had it was when I saw you when we met at night the last time. And fresh bread was always hard to get, and even then, it never smelled as good as this does.”

‘The last time we met, on the night after the New Moon? It’s been nearly two years!’ Sesshoumaru was saddened by this, and was shocked that it had been so long, but did not allow it to show. When Kenzo returned to check that they had all they wanted, he quietly gave an order to always have a variety of fresh raw meat available for Inuyasha. The boy would never want for that again, or anything else, as long as he had anything to say about it.

“Inuyasha, would you like some wine with your dinner?” Sesshoumaru asked.

“Uh, I’ve never had wine. But yeah, I’d like to try some, and maybe some water too.” Inuyasha replied.

“Of course, Otouto.” Sesshoumaru poured him a goblet of red wine, and then filled a larger glass with water. Passing them to Inuyasha, he did not notice the shocked looks on the faces of some of his servants. However, those looks turned into quickly-shared smiles. His actions were how one treated a mate, or while courting one. They were happy to see their Lord finally gaining happiness.

Inuyasha decided he’d taste the wine first, in keeping with his decision to try new things. Taking a tiny sip, his eyes widened slightly when it hit his tongue. ‘This is good!’ He took a bigger drink and let it sit on his tongue a moment before swallowing it.

He turned to Sesshoumaru, “This is really good! It feels nice in my mouth and makes me feel warm inside when I swallow it. Thanks,” he smiled at his brother. “Miroku and Sango would drink wine sometimes when we were hunting Naraku, but I never tried it. I thought they acted kinda stupid afterward,” Inuyasha smirked. “I don’t think I’ll have as much as they used to have.”

It took a moment for Sesshoumaru to find his voice. The boy’s first words, said so innocently, had made him harden almost instantly. ‘Damn him! It is obvious he has no idea what his words do to me, so I know it was not done on purpose, but that almost makes it worse!’ He concentrated on ignoring it so he could answer Inuyasha.

“Humans have a much lower tolerance to alcohol than youkai. You can drink many times the amount they could and feel only light effects. If you want more, then have it. I promise that you will not act foolish,” he smiled and winked at him.

Inuyasha smiled and turned back to his food. He was delighted with the raw meat he could finally have; and there were so many different kinds and seasonings! He wasn’t interested in talking to the others at first, but he could listen.

The young female demon sitting on the other side of Sesshoumaru obviously did not realize that his hearing was very sensitive, because he heard her clearly as she whispered, “Lord Sesshoumaru, if I may say so, the young Lord Inuyasha is very beautiful.”

Her statement surprised Inuyasha, and he barely registered Sesshoumaru’s acknowledgment of her words. It seemed Sesshoumaru was being honest and not just trying to make him feel better when he told him he wasn’t disgusting. It made him feel nice. ‘But compliments? It’s just so strange to hear things like this …’

As his first plate emptied, his attention was caught by Rin. He refilled his plate twice more and had two more glasses of wine as he listened to her telling him about her spiritual training and her life here. It was nice seeing how happy and excited she was, and she was fun to listen to anyway. Some of her statements had Sesshoumaru smiling, rolling his eyes slightly, or bringing his hand up to his forehead in exasperation.

Inuyasha decided that it was just as entertaining to watch Sesshoumaru while Rin talked, as it was to hear her talk in the first place. ‘I’ll have to make sure she sits on Sesshoumaru’s side from now on, so I can see them both at the same time. Can’t take the chance of missing those facial expressions of his,’ he thought with an internal smirk.

Kenzo had been a veritable whirlwind during dinner, making certain all was perfect. Now he returned to the table one last time. “Is there anything else I can do My Lords?”

“No my friend, it was delicious, as always,” Sesshoumaru replied. “Inuyasha, can you tell Kenzo what you liked and didn’t like?”

“Oh, right,” Inuyasha began. Kenzo clasped his hands to his chest and waited eagerly.

“Well, I loved all the raw meat, and the seasonings were awesome. Except for that dish there,” he pointed, “That one burned my tongue. But the others, even the spicy ones, were great. The cooked meat…well, I’m sorry but I didn’t try any this time. I promise I will later though. It all smelled really good. I love fresh bread, and never knew all the different kinds of bread you made even existed. They were all fantastic. But maybe not the bread with the…is that rye? I didn’t like that as much. The vegetables… My favorites were the ones with melted butter, but I enjoyed most of the steamed and raw ones too, except for those three there,” he pointed again. “And I really loved the soft butter you had for the bread.

“Does that help?” Inuyasha finished.

Kenzo clapped his hands together happily. “Oh, yes! Thank you My Lord! I am so happy you enjoyed your meal, and I will use what you have said to prepare meals that will be to your liking in the future. Enjoy the rest of your evening, My Lords,” he bowed before disappearing into the kitchen again.

They stayed at the table for a short time after they had finished eating. Talking with the servants seemed to be something Inuyasha was enjoying after a while. He was also enjoying Rin’s company. Sesshoumaru just sat back, sipping his wine and watching it all silently, his heart swelling with happiness at the sight of his ‘family’.

Rin finally asked to be excused. She had training early the next morning. Then slowly the servants rose as well, after being excused by their Lords.

When they were finally alone, Sesshoumaru took the last sip from his fifth glass of wine and asked, “Otouto, would you like to take a walk? It is a beautiful evening, and I thought you might enjoy walking on the cliffs and listening to the ocean.”

“Yes, I would like that. Let’s go,” Inuyasha smiled.

Sesshoumaru held out his hand to Inuyasha as they rose from their chairs. Without any hesitation, Inuyasha took the offered hand, and they walked together through the quiet castle.

~tbc

**********
Disclaimer: Any original characters that you find, yes, those are mine. However, Inuyasha and all associated characters are owned by Rumiko Takahashi, Yomiuri TV, Sunrise, and Viz. I make no profit from this story. My only goal is to occupy my twisted mind with fantasies of actually owning a life-sized, anatomically correct Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha.
**********