InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Change of Heart ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Change of Heart
By: Hope Poe26
 
Disclaimer: Inuyasha is owned by Rumiko Takahashi. I, certainly couldn't do this type of work myself, simply because I can't draw shit.
 
Summary: What would happen if after almost getting killed in a vicious verbal fight (ok.. maybe not only verbal but physical as well) between Inuyasha and Kagome, a fairy would put a spell on them to learn the limitations of each of their bodies and the only way they could disperse the spell is to be true to each other's feelings?
 
Prologue.
 
“You… kono-yarou!!! Osuwari!!” - Kagome screamed at him as she forced him to fall face first into the dirt. She ranted, she screamed and she tried to kick him too!!!
 
“You bitch!!” - he said when he could stand up, he swiftly caught up and tried to grab her.
 
She had been worried when he didn't come soon to pick her up at the well, when she saw Kikyou's Shini-dama-chuu - her soul collectors - around the forest. It was after all the night of the new moon and he was with Kikyou!!!
 
She hated him so much then and it pained her so much because deep down she knew she didn't hate him. She loved him, too much it seemed. And their fight had started in as soon as he came into view and she had asked him if he were ready to go to hell with Kikyou. But her expressions and her voice tone were nasty, trying to hurt him instead of the other well-known tone she was used to take up on him whenever they spoke of Kikyou.
 
“Chotto matte!!! Kagome!!” - he was frustrated. He had done nothing wrong, he had been with Kikyou, but nothing ever was the way Kagome thought it was. They had been speaking… talking like friends… friends - he supposed - that they were now but before they had not had the chance to do so. He still loved Kikyou in his own special way, but it was different now.
 
She stopped. Her back to him. And for a minute he was worried. He didn't like her that much when she was in her anger spree. He loved Kagome. He cared for her in a way he could never care for Kikyou. For Kikyou… she had been too far independent for him. Kagome was independent, but the issue as to why he felt different with her was because she was not Kikyou. They looked alike, but they were completely different people.
 
“I..” - he couldn't find the words to tell her that he had not been doing what she thought he did. But it was always so hard to explain to her what he had hoped time after time he didn't have to explain. He was not a man of words, more of actions. He felt so insecure when he had to speak up, be heard above the voices of anyone else. He was smart. Yet, he hadn't known anything of politics or anything else as such.
 
“You what? I'm so sick and tired of hearing your excuses Inuyasha.” - her resigned voice made his heart ache. And without knowing why he took a step towards her, hoping she would let him hug her.
 
He had no such chance, because before he could even try it, she had run away and she - knowing he could easily catch up with her - had said: “OSUWARI!!!!”, leaving him unconscious on the ground.
 
****°°°°****
 
Bakas!! All of those humans, demons, hanyous!! She hated the sounds, the yells, the constant screaming, the constant earth-moving around. The fights, the hatred filled comments meant to hurt each other. She was so tired of it all. It was time that they learnt - perhaps the hard way - that each other had limitations. That they both cared for the other, that they should know of the other one's feelings without having to be reassured every single time.
 
It was time. It was time that the girl respected the hanyou's body limitations. It was time the hanyou respected the girl's heart-felt emotions. She grinned suddenly. Her smile turned wicked. What better way of letting them learn this the hard way than by casting a spell on their bodies. She would make them change their sexes. The hanyou would no longer be male, but female and the human would no longer be female but male. Yes, this could work. The next night… the night of the full moon, she would carry out her plan.