InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Change of Heart ❯ Two ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Change of Heart
By: Hope Poe26
 
Disclaimer: Inuyasha is owned by Rumiko Takahashi. I, certainly couldn't do this type of work myself, simply because I can't draw shit.
 
Summary: What would happen if after almost getting killed in a vicious verbal fight (ok.. maybe not only verbal but physical as well) between Inuyasha and Kagome, a fairy would put a spell on them to learn the limitations of each of their bodies and the only way they could disperse the spell is to be true to each other's feelings?
 
Three.
 
“How could you do that?!!” - she raged at him.
 
“I let my feelings get the better of me Sango-chan… and I'm deeply sorry.” - Kagome felt like the biggest baka. He had insulted, sat him one too many times and being really angry at Inuyasha whenever he had managed to sneak up on her while she were bathing on any lake near their camp. And now, he had done what she had sworn he would never do if he ever were male, as he was now.
 
“Your feelings!!” - Sango exhaled trying to get her emotions under control, but found that she could not keep it together. “Kagome-san, you are my friend! And I care for you very much, but Inuyasha-sama is no longer a boy. And I'm sure she is very confused as to what are her current feelings! So don't make it harder to her than it already is. I'm sure this is hard for you too, but for Inuyasha they are much worst. Houshi-sama told me of what happened yesterday morning and he was concerned with your behavior towards her. For Inuyasha to actually hug Miroku, she must have felt truly uncomfortable with the situation! Onegai!! Cease these childish games!”
 
Once the lecture was over, Sango left his presence and turned to go in the direction where she was sure Miroku was standing. He swore to himself then that he would stop being an idiot and try to look less threatening towards Inuyasha. If only to keep her from choosing Kouga instead.
 
“Konnichi-wa Kagome.” - he swiveled and was astounded to see her leaning on the door's entrance looking like she had been there for awhile.
 
“Ah.. konnichi-wa Inuyasha-sama.” - he bowed to her and that brought a raised eyebrow from her. It seemed she was back to her own self.
 
“What's with the `sama' Kagome? I thought we were… friends” - she ended it with a shy note as if she were suddenly unsure of their `friends' status. Kagome suddenly felt bad for assuming that things would go back to normal. Things were most definitely not going back to normal.
 
“Yes… actually we are friends. Gomen nasai for yesterday's fight with Kouga and Shippou's spying on you.” - she laughed and in doing so, Kagome felt himself blush. And he felt somewhat happier because she had laughed. Male Inuyasha never laughed the way she did now, he only smirked in a malicious sort of way when dealing with enemies.
 
“I don't care much for the fight that happened yesterday's afternoon. But I would've been terribly sad to see Shippou die just because you both told him to spy on us.” - Kagome's blush deepened. He tried to stammer out a response but stopped abruptly as he saw that behind Inuyasha's sudden appearance, her brother was standing on the doorway.
 
He blushed deeply, because Sesshoumaru was not threatening to come over and kill him. He was just supervising the scene from afar. He didn't interrupt, didn't make a move, didn't even seem to acknowledge them at all making Kagome feel that this was some sort of test. What kind of test it was? He wasn't sure. But he intended to make the best of the situation.
 
“Is there anything wrong?” - Inuyasha asked.
 
“Uh… I think…” - he found himself groveling for words inside his blank-out mind. There was something definitely wrong in his synapses because he was moving his mouth and no words came out. He saw her looking at him worried and he slumped.
 
“Are you ok?” - after receiving a nod from him, she went on: “I thought that since there is nothing my brother can do for us at the moment, maybe we should go back to the village. I mean, maybe Kaede-baba knows something about this.”
 
“Are you sure you are up to the trip?” - he asked finally able to draw words out of his brain and in a normal voice.
 
“What do you mean `Up to the trip'? Why wouldn't I be?” - her brows furrowed and she looked like she was confused but the edge in her voice told him he'd better tread light footsteps on this, 'cause if he said the wrong thing, Inuyasha was sure to hit him with her anger.
 
“I… I meant that perhaps because of the change you'd be…” - he was stopped from saying anything else by Shippou who came running waving his arms like a lunatic.
 
“STOP!!!!!” - and stood there for a minute as if he were trying to calm his racing heart and gain his breath back.
 
“What is it Shippou?” - Inuyasha asked concerned. Since she was still a bit taller than Shippou, she knelt by his side and looked at him worriedly.
 
“I was told by Sango that you should go over towards her… something about leaving…?” - he said in one rushed sentence and then exhaled.
 
Inhaled once. Blushed deeply when he realized that he was very close to Inuyasha. Stood up quickly before something bad happened… like Kagome - as unlikely as it sounded - thumping him in the head.
 
“Oh.. 'k. I'll go. Where did she say that she wanted to see me?”
 
“In the lobby… I think…?” - she shook her head at him and Shippou blushed again.
 
When Inuyasha disappeared, so did Sesshoumaru; leaving Kagome and Shippou alone in the garden.
 
“You owe me.” - he said.
 
“For what?” - he grouched. Something that seemed so unlike the Kagome that Shippou was used to know, but due to the new developments Shippou could forgive the miko for the irrational behavior.
 
“I could've let you be beaten by Inuyasha on your own. I mean… if it were the other way around, I wouldn't do anything to help Inuyasha if he were caught in the same situation. However, Inuyasha as a she is far more insecure than when she was male. So… you have to ask YOURSELF Kagome-niisan, if you could have battled with Inuyasha when she unleashed either her anger or her tears?” - then he turned and walked away before Kagome could answer.
 
And as he looked on to the shifting scenery, he thought of what Shippou had wisely stated. Because, if he were to be true to himself; Shippou was right. Inuyasha felt insecure of herself. She was in a different body, with different hormones raging thru her and invading her sensibilities. And he groaned because in the confusing rage of his own changes he had forgotten what it felt like to be a girl. He wished there could be some answers soon, otherwise, he'd turn into someone he didn't want to be. A jerk.
 
****°°°°****
 
It was not until the other day came that Rin waved the travelers goodbye. She was glad that they had decided to return to their village, as traveling in search of their nemesis was clearly not a good idea due to their current predicament. Her mate, the Great Lord of the Western Lands had agreed to guide them back until the edges of the border, securing them from any strong demons that could cause them trouble. She knew it was because he feared something happening to his sibling, more than the sense of propriety that came with making sure his guests were taken care of even when they were leaving.
 
She hoped that this new development, although not permanent; would make everything better between the siblings. She knew it was a bit underhanded of her to say that poor young and helpless Inuyasha was surrounded by three males and just one female. And that since the Musashi district was more or less close to the border of his lands, it'd be best if he escorted them to the outer rims of his lands. And it was quick, the result was so quick that if she hadn't seen anything herself, she would've missed the possessive glint that appeared in his eyes. He would not let any man touch his sibling. No matter what. She turned away as soon as they departed and sighed. She wished for her mate's safety, patience and at last for the hanyou girl's safety.
 
****°°°°****
 
Kagome didn't say anything when he found out from Sango's whispered concern that - as the evening grew on them - tonight was the night of the new moon. He was just giddy. And at first he wondered why. After traveling for six days with the Demon Lord, they had finally reached the Musashi district and now were well on their way to the village. Sesshoumaru had accompanied them as far as he deemed it worth it and then he turned away from them and left. He didn't say goodbye. Didn't say anything to his sibling, only turned and walked away. Sango was grumpy after that. She kept muttering about insensible demons that didn't cared enough, but he found Inuyasha smiling more.
 
And then, whilst they were walking he found that Shippou walked closer to Inuyasha than he did with him. And for a minute it made him slightly uncomfortable. It was when Sango made the statement that it was the night of the new moon that he understood the reason as to why Shippou would try and protect her.
 
At night, when they finally found a place to settle - a place that was close to their village, Kagome saw the miraculous change that overcame Inuyasha every new moon. And felt himself feeling extremely weird. For if Inuyasha as a female hanyou was something incredibly attractive, as a female human, Inuyasha was spectacular. And he had to put a certain distance between them, because he was beginning to feel a little too uncomfortable. If he wanted to not turn into a true jerk, he'd have to stay a few feet away. Thankfully once morning came over and they were walking back into the village, he felt better.