InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Change of Heart ❯ Four ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Change of Heart
By: Hope Poe26
 
Disclaimer: Inuyasha is owned by Rumiko Takahashi. I, certainly couldn't do this type of work myself, simply because I can't draw shit.
 
Summary: What would happen if after almost getting killed in a vicious verbal fight (ok.. maybe not only verbal but physical as well) between Inuyasha and Kagome, a fairy would put a spell on them to learn the limitations of each of their bodies and the only way they could disperse the spell is to be true to each other's feelings?
 
Four
 
Stupid Kaede. - Kagome thought as he made his way towards the well. He had to go back and explain to his mother of everything that was going on. And there wasn't a cure as to how to reverse this. He wished the old miko had the answers to their problem. He really didn't like this body and all he wanted to do was cry. But he was no sissy and he would not succumb to tears. He was just about to jump into the well, when a hand on his shoulder stopped him. He looked back and found golden honeyed eyes looking back at him in concern.
 
“Are you okay?” - the beautiful hanyou asked him and he grouched.
 
“No. I'm not okay!! We are stuck like this for as long as kami knows how long and you don't even seem to be the least worried about this!!!” - he ranted at her.
 
Waited for the insults and the shouts of being a stupid bakayarou, but found none. It seemed Inuyasha wasn't as comfortable with her new body as it seemed to be. In fact, she looked like she was closed to tears. Correction. She was already in tears. He had again forgotten that Inuyasha was not her own conceited righteous male self as before.
 
“Shh. Inuyasha please don't cry… I'm SORRY!” - he softened his tone a little bit and wondered why this felt so familiar.
 
And then it came to him: about three weeks ago they had fought and him - jealous person that he was - sat the hanyou even though Inuyasha had been trying to explain to him why he had gone to Kikyo. He felt like the biggest baka on Earth. How could he had been so insensitive, so jealous of a dead miko that he had not even stopped to listen to the hanyou's apologies. And now he had truly done it. He'd made Inuyasha cry. Something that had been truly impossible to do when the hanyou was male, but now…
 
He looked down at her and found that her tears had not abated. In fact she was trembling so much, he was afraid that he had truly scared her off forever. Inuyasha would never ever love him, if she ever did at some point.
 
He knelt before her - for the change had made him three inches taller than her - and took one of her hands into his, found that the nails were more girlish than before and that her tears had wavered a bit, but not too much. He wanted to comfort her, but found he couldn't say the words.
 
Shippou - who had just arrived at the scene - was about to announce that Inuyasha was scared. He noticed that neither had even acknowledged or sensed him coming after them. Yet, he stopped. Because when Kagome had knelt in supplication, the dog demon part of Inuyasha understood that he meant her no harm. He took a step forward, quietly as the hanyou sat down beside the miko and embraced Kagome. It was the first time that he had seen such emotions cross between them and realized that maybe this wasn't a curse after all. Maybe it was a way for them to know the limitations of their own gender… to understand each other better. And he smiled for the first time. A true smile crossed his face, if they got together… Kagome and Inuyasha would adopt him as their son. Then his face flushed when he smelled someone else… not Kouga… but it was a wolf.
 
“Hey hanyou!” - the red hair should've brought him out of his stupor and realize that this was no other than Ayame… hime of the Eastern Lands. Yet all he could think was that he'd better run into the scene before something that shouldn't happen did. Inuyasha stiffened. She raised her head from the crook of Kagome's neck and pierced her golden eyes at the she-wolf.
 
“Yeah?” - she may have sounded like her own self, but Kagome was aware that she was not as calm as she had been when they had embraced.
 
He stood up not knowing what to do but decided that he would do whatever was in his power and beyond to keep Inuyasha save.
 
“I'm looking for Lord Kouga, Prince of the Northern Lands. Is there by any chance some human girl around?”
 
Kagome never took his eyes away from danger, except that this time he realized that the she-wolf was no other than Ayame.
 
****°°°°****
 
“So you're telling me that human girl left?” - Ayame was incredulous, but there was something that they were obviously hiding something from her.
 
Judging by the way the human boy was dressed, she could guess that he came from the same village the human girl called Kagome that Kouga was so obsessed with. There was also something wrong with the hanyou called Inuyasha. He seemed fragile, a little too thin and his eyes were not menacing but troubled. And… his scent seemed to have changed making it… sweeter? Dare she say?
 
“Uh-huh. In fact she said she wouldn't be coming back until next summer.” - said Shippou who at once knew that should Inuyasha open her mouth again, all would be lost. And not only they'd have to worry about Kouga following them to claim the hanyou as her mate, but of Ayame also - who was used to her female body and thus was quicker and stronger in her form without the use of the jewel shards as Kouga had done before - would attempt to fight her and the fight could end up with serious and disastrous results.
 
Ayame grumbled. She sat unceremoniously on the ground and stopped to think as her intended never did - although he claimed he was NOT her intended - because he always leapt into the fight without thinking of the possible outcomes and however rash Inuyasha's fighting style was he always thought of the outcome before attacking. Then she sat up just as there was a strong wind indicating the entrance of another demon. Kouga.
 
****°°°°****
 
She was so happy that he had come, but since the girl was not around; she couldn't help but feel that something else was going on.. something that she was unaware of. And she never liked to be taken unawares. And Kouga didn't even noticed her. Just went up to Inuyasha and handed her the kill of the day - having already provided for his clan and all - decided that Inuyasha would need some nourishment and that if he were to prove himself worthy of being his mate, then he would.
 
On the other hand, there were Shippou and Kagome who looked on the scene with concern and outright rage at Kouga's intermission. However Shippou's - as he often was - concern was centered not on the oncoming spat between Kagome and Kouga, but more of Ayame's reaction to Inuyasha's situation. But like with things that you don't know the outcome… it's best to not interfere with fate.