InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Change of Heart ❯ Last Resort ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Change of Heart
Chapter 8
Last Resort
 
“Which soul of memory did Naraku extract? Kikyou-dono's or Kagome-sama's?”
Asuka added as silence filled the room. Everybody was in deep thought but it didn't take long for someone to answer.
“That is an irrelevant question…” the monk stated directly.
All were shocked with his answer but the two shinigami's were insulted.
“Irrelevant? Of all people, you should understand this question's importance you're a hoshi!” Kocho shouted but with no anger.
Miroku closed his eyes and took a deep breath.
“Wether it is Kagome-san's or Kikyou's soul of memory, it doesn't matter…all that matters is we get the soul back.” Miroku replied calmly.
Tension was heavy, Sango broke it by speaking.
“How DO we get it?”
“That is up to Kagome-sama.” Asuka replied.
“Only she can help herself…” Kocho added.
Hearing this Inuyasha bursted with anger.
“HELP HERSELF?!! She lost her memory and she's now unconscious. If you only saw her during her struggle you won't have a nerve to say that!!!” Inuyasha shouted clenching his fist.
“INUYASHA!! That's the way it is…you can't help that fact anymore than you can help her now.” Kikyou said calmly.
At the heat of the conversation Asuka asked.
“Struggle? What struggle?”
“Kagome-san was surrounded with a black cloud that caused her to scream in pain, she was fighting with her spiritual powers…it was as if she was having a seizure.” Miroku explained.
“Then she was calling her soul…Naraku could have intervened.” Kikyou replied.
“How?” Sango asked.
“The only thing powerful enough to keep Kagome from calling her soul is the Shikon no Tama, even I wasn't powerful enough to keep her soul from being summoned back.” Kikyou answered.
“What is the plan then?” Sango opened.
“All we can do now is give Kagome all the support that we can.” Kaede said.
 
The pictures of Kagome's memory continued to flash when Naraku stood.
“Kanna, I've seen what I need to see.” he mused.
The black Kanna ended the memory flashed in her mirror and said.
“Shall I proceed?”
“No, not yet…they haven't made their move yet.” Naraku ordered.
“Kagura, I've something to do for you.” Naraku smiled looking directly to Kagura.
 
In the wilderness, Sesshoumaru sat on the grass when it flashed to him…
Naraku's weakness…the phrase echoes in Sesshoumaru's mind, he pondered on what to do with that fact as he stared at the sky.
“Jaken-sama, Sesshoumaru likes the moon doesn't he?” Rin whispered.
“Ridiculous! Sesshoumaru-sama will not be fond of trivial things.” Jaken said.
“Rin…” Sesshoumaru said coldly as Jaken stiffen, the imp thought “Oh yeah, he can hear.”
“Yes Sesshoumaru-sama?” Rin replied happily.
“Go to sleep.” Sesshoumaru ordered as he stood up and ventured out the wilderness.
“I know who can give me answers, Totosai.” Sesshoumaru thought under the moon light.
 
Kagura cruised above the trees on her feather while she reminisce Naraku's orders.
 
~ “Kagura, I have a job for you.” Naraku mused with a sinister smile.
“Find a red comb or a red skull.” He ordered.
“What kind of red comb?” Kagura wondered with doubtful eyes.
“All that you can find, this should keep you busy.” Naraku said turning his back, dismissing Kagura.
 
“What the hell, does he want a comb and skull for?!” Kagura said to herself while gliding in the air.
 
In the crowded room of ten people, Kagome woke up with heavy eyes…
“Kagome!” Inuyasha hushed helping Kagome sit-up.
“Kagome? Is that may name?” She groaned.
Kagome looked around; all eyes were on her…
“Kagome-chan, are you ok?” Sango asked.
“I'll go get, tea.” Kaede said standing up. “I'll come with you.” Shippo jumped and followed Kaede out the crowded room.
Kocho and Asuka approached the weak miko and touched her forehead with the tip of their fingers; it radiated a bluish light that didn't harm, Kagome.
“What are you doing?” Inuyasha shouted.
“Scanning…” Kocho and Asuka said in unison.
The light ended, Kagome confused, the two shinigamis said to their mistress.
“Kikyou-dono, Naraku has both of your soul of memory.”
“Well then, this could make it easier.” Kikyou replied approaching Kagome.
“Kagome, do you want to remember?” Kikyou said bluntly.
Kagome nodded with determined eyes and stood up.
“Kocho, Asuka.” Kikyou ordered.
“Yes! Kikyou-dono.” The two answered together and vanished in white light…soon after shinigamis entered the room, filling it.
“Kikyou…arigato…” Inuyasha whispered.
“Don't thank me yet.” She replied.
At the preparation, Kaede entered...
“Kikyou-onesama!! That's--.” The old miko was cut short when Kikyou tuned to her and said. “Kaede, you better help us get prepared.”
“Of course! We need a bigger space…let's go outside.” Kaede suggested.
“Goshin-boku…” Kikyou whispered. Kaede left in a hurry to the forest obeying her sister's command.
“Miroku, what are they doing?” Sango asked.
“A ritual to merge their souls…”Miroku replied with worried eyes as he closes them.
 
To be continued…