InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Change of Heart ❯ The Choice ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Change of Heart
Chapter 9
The Choice
 
“A ritual to merge their souls…”Miroku replied with worried eyes as he closes them.
 
Back in Naraku's fortress, he waited patiently for his plot to fit itself together; waiting for the right moment to finish it.
“Kanna, proceed.” Naraku ordered. The dimension inside Kanna's mirror was being corrupted slowly, dark sparks ignited, like ink in water; Kanna's entire mirror turned black.
 
Meanwhile near the Goshin-boku…
Kagome stood where Inuyasha was sealed and the sisters sat side-by-side Kagome. Shinigamis tied Kagome on the tree as they started the ritual. The siblings started to chant; white lights appeared and supported the hold of the shinigamis on Kagome. Kikyou and Kaede radiated bluish auras that streamed like flickering flame. Miroku and Sango stood back, watching the event with silent excitement. Inuyasha stood even farther, hiding his expression from the crowd.
At the same moment, Naraku said to Kanna, “Release it.”
Instantly the ritual called the soul back to its owner. Balls of light hit Kagome that rendered her unconscious; the hold of the shinigamis supported her from the fall. Kikyou and Kaede opened their eyes and stood up slowly, tired from the ritual. Kikyou nearly tripped but Inuyasha held her by the shoulder.
“You ok?” He hushed helping Kikyou to stand.
“You should worry about her more than me.” The miko replied looking at Kagome.
 
~Suddenly…
 
Black sparks came from Kagome; it grew more and more powerful that it vanquished the shinigamis around her.
“Kagome!” Kaede hollered standing her ground.
“Something is wrong…” Miroku said taking-up stance.
“Naraku…” Kikyou whispered in contempt narrowing her eyes.
At this, Inuyasha called her name.
At that very instant, everyone was deflected by an unknown force except Kikyou and Inuyasha. Kagome started to budge; she faced up while shaking. She lifted her arms up reluctantly while struggling.
She whispered, “Run…” She conjured an arrow of pure darkness and fired it at the couple. Inuyasha leaped to dodge, carrying Kikyou with him but as the arrow hit the ground it dispersed a cloud of shouki up the air.
“What's happening to Kagome?!” Inuyasha mumbled while protecting Kikyou from the shouki.
“Her soul is corrupted, Naraku's controlling her.” Kikyou replied while Inuyasha leaped again dodging another one of Kagome's attacks.
“Kagome, wake-up!” He shouted while in mid-air.
“That won't work, we must purify her soul.” Kikyou said, hearing Inuyasha.
 
Beyond the battleground Miroku helped Kaede to stand up.
“Miroku, what's happening to Kagome-chan?” Sango asked preparing for battle.
“She's being controlled, we must restrain her.” Miroku replied, charging towards them.
As Miroku reached the perimeter he was forced back by a sheild. “Miroku!” Sango shouted assisting the monk to stand. “A barrier…” He groaned.
“It seems it's all up to Inuyasha.” he added as he stood up.
 
Back inside the force field; Inuyasha and Kikyou continued to dodge the attacks. Kagome continued to target them with her arrows, with teary eyes she fired at them continuously. Under the circumstances, Kikyou whispered, “I need my arrows…” hearing the statement Inuyasha blurted, “Don't hurt her…” Kikyou looked up at the hanyo and saw determined, desperate eyes. She looked back down and said, “I won't…”
Inuyasha leaped back to dodge another shouki filled arrow.
While in midair he shouted at Miroku, “Oi!! Toss us Kikyou's arrows!!”
Without a word Miroku hurried to get the weapon; going back the village.
“We should wait a little longer…” Inuyasha hushed carrying Kikyou on his back. Kagome's eyes are crying with every shot, her thoughts are her only control now.
“Why can't I fight it? I was able to in my previous encounters…Why not now!!” she shouted in her mind, firing another arrow.
“Inuyasha!!” Miroku shouted as he thrust the weapons in the force field. Inuyasha jumped and caught it; now, the real battle begins.
 
“So what's the plan?” Inuyasha whispered as Kagome aimed at them.
“All I need is to get close to her so that I can purify her with my touch… I'll use the arrows to block hers so we can keep moving forward.” Kikyou explained.
Kagome fired her arrow, Inuyasha leaps for their life.
“Ready?” Inuyasha asked.
“Let's go…” Kikyou replied as she takes hold of her arrows.
Kagome fired another towards Kikyou; she anticipated it and fired hers, nullifying each other.
“Keep moving forward!” Kikyou hollered at Inuyasha.
He dashes closer; both fired their arrows dispersing into thin air…they were close; one dash is enough to get a hold of Kagome. The two mikos aimed at each other; right before the firing…Kagome whispered reluctantly, “O-oosu warrii.”
Inuyasha slammed down, leaving Kikyou in mid-air; the two arrows missed each other slightly and were headed to both mikos.
Inuyasha stood up; speechless, frozen on the confusion…
 
Meanwhile in the foggy fortress; Naraku enjoyed the outcome of his plan.
“Hehehehe, now Inuyasha…who will you save first?”
 
To be continued…