InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Change of Heart ❯ Scars ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Change of Heart
Chapter 11
Scars
 
Kagome continued to wander, with no purpose, with no direction.
She was walking with slow deep breaths and low eyes as if saying, “I know that but…” In her mind she can't finish the sentence when she came to realization she found her self standing three feet away from the well.
A cold breeze blew threw her hair, she said to herself, “Should I go home? Should I…run?” “I could always go back but…that won't change anything…” she continued, leaning on the edge of the well.
Kagome pondered on what step to take, down the well or to the village.
 
Meanwhile back in the Goshin-Bouk, Kikyou stood effortlessly; fully regenerated.
 
“You're fine now?” Inuyasha asked watching her as she stood.
“Yes, my shinigamis collected a miko's soul; its spiritual content was enough to regenerate me.” She replied.
There was silence, someone should say something but who and what? It was then when Inuyasha blurted, “You know, every time we meet I don't want to let you go but still you did, but now…I'm ready to…maybe I just got used to it.”
“Maybe you feel less for me…” Kikyou mumbled.
“Eh?” the hanyo wondered despite his dog's senses.
“Nothing…” She chuckled.
“We shall meet again.” Kikyou added fading to the forest.
Inuyasha didn't stop to wander he dashed back to Kagome to see her condition. She approached the hut and rushed in.
He looked around, “no patient…” he was confused. While he was “analyzing” the situation.
Sango sitting across Miroku said, “She came after you…” banging her tea cup in succession.
“Which means…?” Miroku added.
“Kagome!” Inuyasha hushed rushing out again to the forest.
“Rude entrance, rude exit.” Miroku mumbled sipping tea.
“He's so dense!” Sango shouted punching a hole through the floor.
 
30 miles from there, Sesshoumaru continued to dash through the field jumping down a
 cliff as the whole scenery changed to a barren wasteland. Skulls and bones lay rotting and crows feed on what's left. He settled on a cavernous pile of bones and entered it with no haste.
“Sesshoumaru! How nice of you to visit!” An old man hollered, roasting a chunk of meat.
“Totosai, tell this Sesshoumaru about the Shikon no Tama.” He said bluntly maintaining his distance.
“Oh? What for? Don't tell me that you're interested in it?” Totosai said stalling.
There was no reply instead Sesshoumaru narrowed his eyes towards the blacksmith as if interrogating. Well, it worked.
“Fine, fine where should I start? What do you know about it?” The blacksmith asked stopping from his roasting.
“That information, I'm not willing to give.” The dai-youkai replied.
“Shikon no Tama, Shikon no Tama…All I know it is a pinkish jewel made by a miko that makes youkai stronger.” Totosai said scratching his head.
“Who can help me more than you didn't?” Sesshoumaru said cracking his claws.
“Help? You know that word Sesshoumaru?” the blacksmith mused swallowing the meat whole.
Sesshoumaru growled at the insolent youkai.
“Inuyasha! He knows about it.” Totosai recalled.
“What makes you think my pompous brother knows about it?” Sesshoumaru stated narrowing his eyes once again.
“Well, not him only, he knows stuff about it but I guess Kagome could answer your questions.” Totosai mused.
There was a pause, Sesshoumaru's eyes changed from contempt to blank. He did not know who he was referring to.
He recalled all his encounters with Inuyasha, all he remembered was blood and gore and Tetsaiga; that's when it him.
“The worm who pulled out Tetsaiga?” He mumbled.
“Eh? What are you talking about?” Totosai blurted as Sesshoumaru turned back and exited.
 
Back in the well, Kagome stepped back from it still hesitating on what to do.
When she has decided she turned her back; Kagome came face to face with Inuyasha.
“Kagome…what you saw--.” Inuyasha stuttered.
“—Was your true feelings.” She continued.
“Its OK, this is not even MY time to interfere.” She added.
Both of them looked away, guilty. Kagome knew that she should say something or else Inuyasha would change the subject.
“Naraku is making his move…” She opened.
“It will soon be over…what will happen next depend on our actions…” She breathed heavily and looked straight to him.
“My action for now…is to stay.” Kagome ended with a sigh.
She handled it pretty well considering it made sense but did Inuyasha handle it?
 
In a dark cavern, an armored man entered whilst a shield on its mouth opened.
He continued to trod and gazed at the remains of gigantic youkai and that of the miko.
He stared at the melted hole on the miko's chest and sighed while his boa dangled on the floor.
His golden eyes narrowed not of contempt but of regret.
He whispered to the wind, “Midoriko…”
 
To be continued…