InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Change of Heart ❯ Symptoms ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Change of Heart
Chapetr 12
Symptoms
 
“Midoriko…” Sesshoumaru whispered; reminiscing that one memory.
 
~“Attack with no mercy!” An armored man commanded at a silver haired boy as the two dashed through the field.
The two leaped and met at mid air and clashed their claws.
“That won't do Sesshoumaru…” The armored man mused landing with triumph.
“One more…father.” The boy got up and took up stance.
The Inu-taishou smugged and charged, “Very well, prepare yourself.”
The young Sesshoumaru stood guard waiting for the precise moment, his father leaped about to cleave him when from the tip of his fingers darted a glowing whip surprising the Inu-taishou. He darted back with surprise and said, “Clever, but…” He charged again, Sesshoumaru worked on the whip to no avail. Before he knew it, his father's claw was an inch away from his neck. “What defense do you have when your opponent gets pass your lashes?” The man said withdrawing his claws, Sesshoumaru breathed loosely and rested with relief.
“Let's rest, we've been fighting since dawn and it's already sundown. Even youkai needs sleep.” His father said building camp.
 
When out of nowhere a group of cat youkai charged at the exhausted Sesshoumaru and abducted him.
“Sesshoumaru!!” Inu-taishou shouted dropping the firewood. While charging his eyes turned red and took the form of a gigantic dog, swapping the cats like flies; catching his son on his tail. Sesshoumaru got up and slashed the retreating youkais, he conjured his whip to reach the other cats but they have fleeted back to the forest.
When everything settled the Inu-taishou returned to his human form to tend on the young Sesshoumaru.
“This hasn't ended yet. Better stand guard.” His father hushed preparing camp.
At night, they can smell the scent of cats surrounding them; the Inu-taishou held one of his swords by the hilt ready to attack.
“What do they want?” Sesshoumaru whispered.
“You, the next heir of our tribe.” He replied standing up.
“They're here.” The great youkai leaped up viewing the forest, he drew his sword and slammed it in midair conjuring slashes of light that obliterated everything in its path. Chunks of trees flew as well as chunks of youkai flesh, as he turned back Sesshoumaru was ambushed by a group. Sesshoumaru stood his ground like before as the cats approached him as all of them leaped to claw him, he drew his whip and started to twirl around his spot, lashing all those who charged, more came from the bushes to no avail when a vague shadow worked its way in the whips range. Sesshoumaru caught its scent and stopped his twirling and caught the shadow with his poisonous claws.
Light entered his eyes, the shadow was a cat youkai with blue attire, instead of fearing for her life she smiled, “Clever…” as she faded in Sakura petals. Sesshoumaru took stance sensing other cat youkais, there was none. His father landed and complimented him with a job well done. As both of them went home during sunrise Seshoumaru gazed at the scars on the earth.
“Father, what caused such a thing?”
“Tessaiga.” Inu-taishou replied as Sesshoumaru admired the sword on his father's scabbard.
 
As they traveled back their home they came across a human village when his father asked him to lay low for a while.
He followed as he saw a young armored black-haired woman purifying youkais with each slash.
“Sesshoumaru, that is a miko.”
“A human miko?” Sesshoumaru mused.
“No ordinary, human miko.” Inu-taishou added.
“Should we kill her?” The boy asked preparing to launch.
“Not yet, we do not know the extent of her powers.” He hushed as they watched the young miko rest in triumph.
Not long, she stands her ground again “Who's there?” she hollered sensing evil. “Hmmp…” the Inu-taishou smugged revealing himself to the girl.
She prepared herself about to attack when Sesshoumaru burst out to the side of his father. At this, the young miko was shocked, “So youkais are also capable of love?” she thought, she slowly withdrew her weapon when someone in a high pitched-voice called out her name, “Midoriko?! Where are you?”
She heard as bamboo rustled. “I'm coming, Izayoi!”
The miko hollered back as the rustling stopped. The young miko ran back to her friend.
“Why didn't she attack us?” Sesshoumaru wondered.
“She may have thought she could handle us and pitied that you'll be left orphaned.” Inu-taishou smugged at his son.
“Insolent!” Sesshoumaru snickered.
The Inu-taishou smelled the young miko's scent, it wasn't fear, it was love. Thanks to them Midoriko's soul was balanced. Sesshoumaru also caught that scent but was too inexperienced to define it.
 
But now as a grown man, he stood at the cave regretting that moment. “I shouldn't have let you or your friend live.” He said as force tried to push him out of the cave.
 
At a clouded fortress, Naraku sits back relaxes and enjoys the show; as his minions attack the village. While Kagome and Inuyasha still has it going. They heard an explosion that left issues for later. Sango and Miroku were already doing the action but more youkais just continued to attack. “Naraku!” Inuyasha sniffed the air filled with his stench as he drew Tessaiga. Kagome picked up her bow and arrows and fought with the whole village.
She fired her first arrow and hit a large centipede but the arrow just pierced through its skin like a normal arrow. No light, no sweeping effect, no powers! Only Sango saw what happened and quickly disposed of the survivor. Kagome didn't let her consciousness to take over and fired another one that arched through youkais bodies like a sparrow.
 
To be continued…