InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Change of Heart ❯ Anducted Abduction ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Dedication: to my first reviewer Emily may you like this chapter.
 
Change of Heart
Chapter 13
Abducted Abduction
 
***ZIIIINNGGGG*** Sango's boomerang swooped through a group of youkais, cutting them like carrots, the sky was filled with a full battalion of youkai blocking the sun itself. “Kaze no Kizu!!!” Inuyasha hollered piercing a hole through the mob of youkai allowing a brief ray of sunshine to go through. “Goungkosouha!!” he shouted again as shards of crystal stabbed random victims above. “Where the heck are they coming from?!” Inuyasha shouted. “It seems I have no choice…” Miroku mumbled, removing the rosary from his hand. “Kazaana!!” A magnitude of youkai was being sucked to the void in his palm, the sky turned from dark to dim as the youkai were being disposed. Suddenly, Miroku felt a slicing pain that paralyzed his legs, he still refused to close the void as he knelt in pain. “Miroku!!” Sango shouted clearing the youkai with her boomerang. She and Kirara swooped down, saving the monk when the void was closed; saimyou shou appeared to be hiding in the mob of youkai, sacrificing itself for the greater evil.
 
Meanwhile as the villagers defended themselves from low-life demons, Kagome and Shippo helped them with their powers.
“Kitsunebi!” Shippo shouted conjuring a flare of blue fire.
As Kagome fired her arrows the youkai disintegrated in a fine line. “That's better…” she thought with relief seeing the effectiveness of her attack. “Kagome-chan!!” someone shouted as a bursting sound was heard from behind. Kagome turned back seeing split youkai remains. “Sango-chan!” Kagome shouted back firing an arrow that depleted a gigantic bat behind the exterminator. The two smiled at each other when they heard a scream.
 
Another large bat attacked a house and kidnapped a girl. The girl screamed on the top of her lungs and fainted while in the claws of the bat. Kagome fired an arrow hurridly towards the bat, but it just deflected when it touched its skin. “Again…” Kagome whispered to herself.
“Kagome-chan…” Sango called as Kagome and Shippo mounted Kirara and chased after the child. While on the chase, Kagome grabbed a full quiver of arrows as she fired her last arrow hoping to hit the bat. They entered the forest and on the confusion, Shippo was hit on the head with a branch without Kagome knowing. Sango grew impatient and threw her boomerang clearing the trees and scratching the wing of the bat. “It's fast…” she mumbled. “At this rate we won't save the girl…” she continued.
“Sango-chan, may I borrow your poison powder?” Kagome blurted.
“Eh? What for?” Sango wondered untying part of her armor and taking a shell out of it.
Kagome took the shell and opened it as she dipped the tip of her arrow on the poison. She returned it and started to aim on the bat as they surfaced onto a field. “Let's hope this works…” She mumbled firing the arrow. The arrow flew with a violet light, missing the target. The bat started to grow limp and its flight was rigid, its claws let go of the girl as it slid through the field. Kirara swoop down to catch the girl and landed near the youkai.
“Eh? What did you do?” Sango wondered. “The aura dispersed the powder into thin air, and the bat inhaled it.” Kagome replied carrying the girl. “Oh…” Sango mused heading back.
 
Meanwhile, Kagura continued on her conquest.
“Split red comb and a shattered red skull, Naraku is really rotten to search for such things.” She said to herself as she saw a white figure in a far clearing. She smiled a little and went towards the figure. At that time, Sesshoumaru caught her scent, nevertheless continued on his way back to camp. In a field, Kagura landed waiting for him; “Yo…” she called stopping the youkai from his way. “You don't have a chance to have a red comb and red skull, do you?” She mused. The dai-youkai's eyes narrowed because of her insolence and walked slowly ignoring her. “Aren't you even, curious why Naraku needs that?!” she hollered. “Don't play with me, woman.” Sesshoumaru replied with a hushed voice without turning back. “I'm not, it may just be a lead, Naraku's heart is safely kept away from you and even from me and those things I'm finding for may be a clue to his weakness.” She replied still not tuning back smugging, believing that she's caught him where she wanted him. “You're not the most trustworthy minion Naraku has and that makes you a mere puppet without the knowledge of his other weakness.” He replied bluntly. Kagura was shocked, outraged she turned back to face the youkai but he was gone. “She stood there suppressing her anger. “He found Naraku's other weakness?” she said to herself searching for the youkai with her eyes.
 
On their way back to the village, Sango asked.
“Kagome-chan…”
“Yes?” Kagome asked.
“Back then, what happened?” Sango asked in a low tone.
“Back where?” Kagome denied avoiding the subject.
“The arrow…” Sango hushed with worried eyes.
Kagome didn't know how to answer because she doesn't have any idea about it but since Naraku is very active to claim their lives, they can't afford a lack in man power. So she just smiled. “I'm just tired…It'll be OK.” She whispered, hoping what she says is true.
 
In the dark, realms of Naraku; he watches the battle enticingly as if waiting for something. Suddenly…
An armored boy charged towards Kagome and grabbed her, pinching her between the neck and shoulder, making Kagome unconscious. Sango turns back, about to launch an attack when she was stopped at the sight of the abductor. “Kohaku…” she said to herself as she was struck speechless allowing for Kohaku to escape with a mob of youkai.
 
Not far away, the mob and Kohaku carried Kagome, approaching a nearby wasteland when a blight of blue streams obliterated the mob. Kohaku lands perfectly, carrying the miko on his shoulder as he dashes to escape. He was stopped at the sight of a silver-haired man, Kohaku swings his shoulder, turning it to a claw. The man dodged it flawlessly and cleaved through the child's skin. Chunks flew as the boy dispersed into thin air. Kagome groans when she was dropped, with blurry eyes she looked up his savior all she saw was white. She whispered, “Inuyasha…”
To be continued…