InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Change of Heart ❯ Interrogation ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Change of Heart
Chapter 14
Interrogation
 
It was sunset; the color of the skies consoled those who have slept eternally. The silence was relieving to hear in the remains of the attacked village. Houses were being fixed, flock being herded, hugs were given but to the greatest of heroes, they savor not victory but they grieve their loss.
“Khoso!! Khoso!!” Inuyasha shouted repeatedly pounding the earth where he fought. His hands slowly bled, shaking with anger. “Kumene…” Is all Sango could say at her inaction, her hand reaching to Inuyasha but her guilt stopped her, looking down. “It could not be helped…” Miroku comforted putting his hand on her shoulder as he watched Inuyasha wallow in anger.
 
The sky turned indigo from its peach blush with stars as its candlelight under the new moon. The wind is cold and breezy, it flickered the flame on the campfire where Kagome lay. She felt warmth and chills, also an unexplainable comfort from under but a gripping pain on her head. Kagome groans with the balance of her feelings and slowly opened her eyes. She got up slowly with her arms, and then she felt a soft surface. She glimpsed down and saw a white furry down. “Inuyasha?” She groaned, searching with her eyes. She was in a clearing with a bonfire in front of her, trees within the vicinity; a mountain cliff is within sight. She looked up and saw the glittering sky and the new moon. As she looked to her left her heart stopped beating, she held her breath as her pupils shaked in surprise that led her to scream. The serene silence was broken; the forest shook as birds fled at the sudden ruckus. Kagome scurried backwards, hitting a tree; she picked up a branch and held it like a sword. “Get away from me!!!” she screamed at the silver-haired man.
 
He stares at her blankly, insulted by her defense. “This Sesshoumaru will not attempt anything if you don't.” He stated. Kagome still has her guard up, “Where's Inuyasha?!” She shouted standing up by the tree. Sesshoumaru didn't answer and stood up, approaching her. Kagome stood back, step by step; Sesshoumaru walked up to her in a normal rate. “With all your experience battling my kind, the best defense you could do is a branch.” He said keeping his distance. Kagome blushed in embarrassment, he's right and she knows that. “Where's Inuyasha!!” Kagome demanded again expecting an answer. Sesshoumaru narrowed his eyes at the hardheaded miko but he himself was even more hardheaded. “Hiding…” he said bluntly. Kagome was surprised at the answer; Inuyasha wouldn't hide from anybody even from him, unless…She turned up briefly and looked up at the new moon.
 
Some time later, Kagura glided through the wind continuing her search. On the tip of her feather was a bag full of red combs, all variety of them, gritted, worned, new, polished, old…she took all of them, not knowing its purpose, not knowing when to stop. As she approaches a nearby castle, she pondered. “Naraku's weakness…he knows it? As far as I know, his heart is being kept safely hidden but another weakness! Could it be possible that Naraku doesn't know he has another?” she sighted another village, and landed on the gardens of its castle. She searched with her eyes, it was to quite; no guards, no sound, so people. She entered the palace and searched for combs when—“DON'T MOVE!!” the guards shouted as they surrounded Kagura, they held up their spears at the youkai as they made way for their superior. Kagura remained calm; the presence of a human never threatened her unless it was a miko of Kikyou's level. From the crowd came a black pigtailed girl with flowing peach kimono with velvet embroidery. She looked straight at Kagura and said, “I've been expecting you…”
 
Kagome lowered her weapon slowly and stood up straight. “What do you want?” she asked bluntly keeping her distance. Sesshoumaru stared at her with high eyes as if looking down her. “What can you tell me about this?” he asked, revealing a jar with a pinkish shard. “AH!! Where did you get that?!” Kagome shouted pointing at him. “You we're hiding it in a very unsecured place.” He replied bluntly, dangling the jar. Kagome held her pocket “He was snooping” she thought backing off further. “Why? You keep your swords in your waist, that's more unsecured than a pocket.” She smugged.
“This Sesshoumaru was never on an unconscious state.” He stated stiffly. Kagome was speechless; she wanted to strangle him if only he wasn't a cold-killer. “Answer this Sesshoumaru's question.” He blurted. “Will you give it back if I answered it?” She asked.
There was a pause, a deep pause; you can hear the wind blow because of the silence. “Give this Sesshoumaru a reason to…” he tested. It was the last straw, Kagome shaked in anger and stuttered with rage,
“I'M THE PROTECTOR OF THAT SHARD! KEEPING IT AWAY FROM—P-P-PEOPLE! LIKE YOU! I PRACTICALLY OWN IT.”
Because it burst out of my body, she thought of the last phrase and did not bother to say it. Sesshoumaru again looked at her with those arrogant eyes. “So this Sesshoumaru assumes your professionalism reduced the jewel to this.” He stated coldly. At that, Kagome burst out into anger anger again.
“AAAGGGHHHH!!! WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO KEEP IT?!”
“Why do you?”
“I'M ITS PROTECTOR!!”
Sesshoumaru raised his brow in effective silence.
“You wouldn't need it…” she sighed.
…….
“You're not that kind of person…” she continued lowering her view.
…….
“You're not like…Inuyasha or…Naraku…” she murmured unable to continue.
 
Meanwhile back in the castle…
“Oohh…expecting me?” Kagura mused.
“With your consecutive attacks and thefts, we have been prepared.” The girl replied.
“So, what are you going to do about it?” Kagura challenged.
“Nothing…” she whispered.
“Hnn…”
“What do you want with my sister?” the girl blurted surprising the innocent youkai.
 
To be continued…