InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Code Pink ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

FF.net

The Literary Dragon: Takara has been missing for a few hours now. Long enough to search an entire hospital.

Squeaky: I got a bit of unexpected time. ^_^; I actually considered having Kagome sleep through the whole thing, but it just seemed wrong to not have her know what happened. Yeah, Takara's got a rough life ahead, but with a dad like Inuyasha, and uncle like Sesshoumaru, and a granddad like Inutashi, I think she'll get by with out too many traumatizing experiences. J

Scarlet Rurouni: *Blush* Thanks.

MM.org

Shishy: Thanks. I hope someday to write a novel but I have yet to have my divine inspiration. Till then I'm just a Fanfic author. But I'm keeping my mind open and my fingers crossed.

Lil'inu: I never said Kagome was a miko but she does/did live in a shrine. The fact really has no baring on the story so I guess it's not really important.

To all my other reviewers: Thank you all! And on a side note, no one has guessed the kidnapper(s)'s names yet.

Code Pink

Chapter 6

"Aww, I think she's cute." A woman cooed as she tickled a small baby. The baby cooed back and the woman giggled.

"She's a monstrosity." A man sitting across the room in a large leather chair corrected coldly. He looked at the woman with a distant sort of smile. With her raven hair and soft cream skin she was almost the perfect likeness of his true love. If not for the eyes. His loves eyes were warm blue, the woman's were cold brown. "Go wash your hands, that disgusting." The woman huffed but did as he asked.

"And what do you plan to do when she gets hungry?" the woman asked as she slid into his lap, letting her legs drape over one of the armrests. The man ran his hand up the side of her bear leg and under her short skirt to rest high on her thigh.

"Let her be hungry. She'll be dead in few short hours anyway." He replied. The woman made no reply but slide her hand inside his shirt and ran it across his hard chest. The man chuckled as he reached up and moved her shirt up over her breasts. The hand under her skirt took hold of her panties and pulled them off. She turned in the chair to straddle him just as the small baby nearby began to cry. Neither paused in their actions to even take notice of her.

**************************************************************

S hippou's rough-cut straw blond hair blew in front of his cold red/brown eyes as he stepped into the building. From the outside the warehouse had looked perfectly normal. On the inside, however, it was alive. Humans moved back and forth between a huge dance floor, tables, and a bar in the far corner. Shippou took out a cigarette and lit it. He took a deep breath before blowing smoke out in a large cloud. Without making eye contact he headed to the bar and took a seat in a disserted booth.

He hadn't been there long when the loud music died down and all lights focused on a stage at the front of the room. A man walked out carrying something wrapped in a blood colored cloth. He had a kind face and wind swept blond/brown hair. Two burly men came out from the side stage carrying an ornate wooden table. They hurried off as soon as it was in place. A woman came out next carrying something on a red cushion. She reminded Shippou of Lady Kagome only her eyes were cold and brown.

"Welcome Morality!" The man yelled and the crowd cheered.

"All hail Lord Hojo. All hail Lady Kikyo!"

"We have gathered here today to witness to cleansing of the royal family." Hojo continued, "Our Illustrious Lord Inuyasha has committed the sin of creating a monstrosity." He shifted the cloth and held a baby over head. It only took a glance for Shippou to recognize the newborn princess. Takara started to cry as the light and noise offended her sensitive young senses. "Now we shall correct his mistake!" The crowd cheered again as the woman, Kikyo, stepped up next to him and lifted a curved dagger from the cushion.

"Shit!" Shippou whispered. He pulled out his phone. He rarely used it because it was so easy to tap, but it was also the fastest way to get in touch with others. He pushed the speed dial for Sango. It had barely rung when she picked. "Sango I've found her, but there's no time to waste. She's about to be sacrificed in a cleansing ceremony. Home in on my position, I'm going to run intercept." He hung up before she answered to his demand.

Shippou let his disguise fall as he jumped onto the table. Hojo lay the screaming Takara on the table and took the dagger from Kikyo. Shippou leapt to the bar and used it to get a running start. He knocked over drinks and dodged hands meant to stop him, ignoring the shouts of patrons. As he reached the end of the bar he bunched his legs and jumped into the air. Hojo looked up as he raised the dagger to see the demon coming at him. Shippou's long red hair flew out behind him and his claws and bared fangs flashed in the light. Hojo jumped back instinctively as the claws took a swing and his chest. Shippou grabbed Takara from the table and turned to escape.

"Stop him!" Hojo ordered. People surged forward and onto the stage. Holding the baby close to his body Shippou raised his hand and let out a burst of blue flames. It deterred some, but others came forward to replace them, drawing swords and daggers as they did. Shippou cursed and drew his own blade, a lightweight broad sword given to him by his father. He jumped back and swung the sword to fend off the attackers. Shippou was a good and strong fighter, but with only the use of one hand, being on the defensive, and being out numbered it didn't looked good.

Shippou had just taken another step in retreat and parried another blow when it happened. A sharp pain cut into his shoulder. The pain raced through his body, but he did not dare give in, for it was the arm that held Takara safe against him. He spun around to fend of the new attacker, only to find himself face to face with Hojo and his bloodied dagger. Behind Hojo, Kikyo stood with an arrow drawn. It was aimed at Takara. With a twang the arrow took flight. Shippou twisted, catching the shaft in his chest only inches above his heart. Kikyo hissed. A sword cut a diagonal slash from Shippou's back and he curled protectively around the baby.

"Fox Fire!" A huge column of blue flames surrounded the pair and forced the attackers back. Shippou wasted no time. He jumped straight into the air and invoked his special brand of magic, blending himself into his surroundings seamlessly, baby, arrow, and all. He caught the edge of a catwalk and, with a great deal of pain, heaved himself and Takara onto it. He sat down and gulped down air. Takara continued to scream.

"We may not be able to see you demon," Hojo shouted from below, "Be we can hear that monstrosity and her wretched cries." He was right. Hissing in pain Shippou poured his strength into the spell and muted Takara's cries. "You still bleed." Hojo reminded him. Shippou looked down wearily to see the blood pooling blow him and starting to drip down to the floor below. He swore darkly. Once the fluid had left his body he could no longer mask it. Shippou prayed for Sango to hurry.

The fox demon watched helplessly as Hojo's men started to climb ladders leading to the catwalk. He tightened his grip on the sword in his hand as the first vibration of footsteps shock under him. He looked up to see men on either side approaching him with determined looks, their eyes locked on the growing pool of blood below him.

There was a sudden and deafening bang. The doors to the warehouse flew off their hedges. A woman's voice shouted for everyone to freeze as troops rushed in. Shippou closed his eyes and swallow hard in relief, he doubted he could fight much more. It didn't take long for the humans to be subdued by demon troops.

"Shippou! Where are you?" Sango called. Shippou breathed out and let down the magic. The two became visible and Takara's cries pierced the air.

"H-h-here." Shippou choked even though the baby had made their position overwhelmingly clear.

"Oh God…" Sango whispered.