InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Code Pink ❯ Epilogue ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Ok, chapter 7 was supposed to be the last chapter, but due to the number of reviews I got saying they couldn't wait until the next chapter I'm guessing that wasn't clear. So I'm doing a quick epilogue to wrap up the loose ends. This will be the last chapter in this story.

Code Pink

Epilogue

Inuyasha smiled down at the small bundle in his arms. Takara was fast asleep, as was her mother. The sound of their breathing calming his frayed nerves like nothing else could. After such a trying day he couldn't have hoped for a better ending.

The door to the room opened slowly and shut silently. Inuyasha's eyes raised to meet the steady gaze of the intruder. He was not dressed like one would think. He was dressed in cameo, a dark stripe of paint under each eye, and his long dark hair pulled into a high ponytail. A fur sweatband encircled his forehead and a wolf tail flicked idly behind him. Bright blue eyes held the Demon Lord's gaze without fear. His name was Kouga, Sango's second in command and captain of the Wolfbane, a small group of fighters made entirely of wolf demons.

Inuyasha rose carefully to his feet and deposited his daughter in her bassinet. The demon said nothing but stood at attention as he waited for his lord to speak. Inuyasha walked forward until he was standing shoulder to shoulder with the wolf, both looked opposite directions.

"I'm assuming you know what happened." Inuyasha stated in a voice that would have gone unheard by human ears.

"Yes lord." Kouga responded in the same low voice.

"Then you know I have… business to attend to. If anything happens to them in my absents, it's your head."

"Yes lord."

Inuyasha passed the wolf as he stepped into the hallway. Guards lined the walls every few feet, the most immediate ones from Kouga's troops. Miroku was leaning against the opposite wall, staff resting on his shoulder, waiting for him. The monk nodded and trailed behind the demon lord as he made his way out of hospital.

The trip across town to the palace seemed far too long to Inuyasha. He kept flexing his claws as thoughts of what he would do passed through his mind. Miroku frowned and watched to world pass outside the window. He couldn't say he approved of what was about to happen, but on the other hand he understood Inuyasha's demon nature saw it differently.

The limo pulled to a stop in front of the palace and Inuyasha got out without a word. Miroku followed but chose to lean against the car rather then go in. The Demon Lord didn't seem to notice the lose of his adviser, as he made his way down to the dungeons. There were soldiers positioned at some doors, other were unguarded. It was a strange sight to say the least. Normally the dungeons were empty year round, only reserved for occasions of special circumstance. The last time they had been this full was after a small scuffle with a neighboring province and held PFWs. But that was when Inuyasha himself was still very young.

Sango stood at attention near one door, her giant boomerang hanging from one hand over her shoulder. She looked at him a bowed her head slightly. Inuyasha returned the gesture as he striped off his jacket and rolled up his sleeves.

"My lord." Sango drew his attention, "If you change your mind about the girl… what would you have me do with her?"

"Why the hell would I change my mind?" He snorted.

"She heavily resembles the Lady Kagome." Inuyasha's eyebrows rose.

"We'll have to see." She nodded and accepted his jacket as it was handed to her.

Inuyasha pushed the heavy wood and steel door open with ease. The inside of the cell was lit only by a naked yellow light bulb and a barred window high on the wall. There was no furniture of any description, with only a large pile of straw in one corner for a bed. Sitting on the floor next to the straw was a sandy haired man about his own age, maybe a year or so younger, and just behind him a woman. More out of curiosity, then anything else he shifted his view to the girl. Sango was right. The girl, with the exception of a few years and her brown eyes, could have passed for Kagome's twin. She must have noticed his gaze because she ducked farther behind the man.

Two instincts clashed. She looked so much like Kagome, but she was also the reason his daughter was taken. He couldn't, wouldn't see her in pain, but she also couldn't go unpunished. Damn Sango for being right.

He turned and gave pounded. Sango stuck her head into the room, a knowing glint in her eyes. Inuyasha just gave her a look and it seemed she was trying not to laugh.

"Come here girl." Sango ordered. The girl rose slowly, not really sure about approaching the demon lord and Captain of the Guard. She skirted out of Inuyasha's reach as much as she could as she crossed the room. Sango rolled her eyes before reaching out and grabbing the girl by the wrist. "If he was going to kill you he would have done it already." The door closed heavily behind them as they disappeared.

Inuyasha turned his gaze on the boy. He hadn't moved from his spot on the floor, but surprisingly he was meeting the demon's gaze unflinching. Inuyasha growled, but got no response.

"First I want to know why." It was an order.

"And what difference will that make?" The boy retorted, "The end will be the same."

"True." Inuyasha agreed, "I still want to know. Why me? Why my mate?"

"Don't you dare call her that!" Hojo jumped to his feet and Inuyasha raised an eyebrow.

"Excuse me?"

"Kagome deserved to be some one's wife not your wh…"

"Hold you tongue!" Inuyasha cut him off, "And that's Lady Kagome to you!"

"Fuck you!" Inuyasha stared at him in shock. In all his life, on one had ever spoken to him in such a manner. A growl rose in his throat, before dropping low in his chest. The boy seemed unimpressed.

"Are you suicidal or just stupid?"

"What do you care?" Inuyasha's claws flexed in frustration. This boy seemed dead set on digging in his heels for every step of the way.

"I'll ask you once more: why?"

"You really don't know?" Inuyasha growled at the underlying mockery, "I courted Kagome for years. Suddenly you swoop in order her to marry you and created that… that monstrosity." Hojo suddenly found himself pinned to the wall by a clawed hand at his throat. His feet dangled in the air over a foot off the ground,

"That is my mate and daughter you're talking about! And just for your information asshole, I did not order her to marry me, she accepted of her own free will."

********************************************************

Kikyo u stood in the hallway under Sango's watchful eye. She couldn't hear what was going on in the room, but she was sure it wasn't pretty. The heavy door creaked open and Inuyasha stepped out. He had blood on both hands, and up to the elbow of one arm. His shirt was slightly spattered with crimson as well. A guard handed him a towel and he did his best to rid his hands of the mess. His gaze shifted to her and Kikyou took a step back.

"Why is she here?"

"You haven't specified what to do with her yet." Sango answered simply.

"Put her with the others." He replied dryly, "I could have sworn you were smart enough to figure that out all on your own Sango."

"Maybe. Maybe I just wanted to annoy you." The demon rolled his eyes.

"I'm going to wash up and go back to the hospital." Sango only nodded in reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: And they all lived happily ever after! … Well, except Hojo, he died. And I'm sure Kikyou and Hojo's minions weren't too happy after Inuyasha was done with them. Anyway… all the hero's lived happily ever after!