InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Cold as you ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 

Chapter 6: Just walk away, no use defending words that you will never say
 
Souta watched his sister silently. Her eyes were red and puffy. Had Inuyasha done something? That couldn't be it. Inuyasha was great! His sister was great too. Why would Inuyasha hurt someone like his sister. His sister usually told him all the stories about her time in the feudal era. He was almost jealous. He wished something exciting would happen to him.
Looking down at his plate, a frown appeared. His sister had been coming back home more and more often upset or sad. He didn't understand. She never told him why. He would always ask but Kagome would always change the subject somehow. Glancing at his mom, he saw her looking at Kagome in worry. Turning her gaze to him, she gave a small smile and nodded to his plate.
Looking down, he ate a little bit more. The table was really quiet. “Kagome… maybe you should just walk away.” It was like a shock to the system. Kagome's gaze swung to Souta in surprise. “Souta?” Souta looked down blushing. “If something makes you sad, walk away from it and leave it behind. No use defending it. If it keeps making you unhappy than it doesn't deserve your attention.” He watched a small smile appear on her face. “When did you get so wise Souta?”