InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Collected Works ❯ Afterglow ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Afterglow
Author: LuxKen27
Genre: Drama
Universe: Canon
Rating: T
Warning: Innuendo
Word Count: 300
Summary: Something of a sequel to “Forbidden Desire” and “In Pieces”. Kagome mulls the consequences of her actions.

Entry for: dokuga_contest [Sess/Kag] Drabble #12, “Candle”

Disclaimer: The Inuyasha concept, story, and characters are copyright Rumiko Takahashi and Viz Media.

~*~

Kagome gently lowered herself into the welcoming warmth of the hot spring. It was certainly lucky that she’d happened across it on her way back to the campsite…she didn’t know what would happen if Inuyasha found her like this.

She was covered in his scent. It was so strong, even she could detect it.

She gratefully sank back against a flat rock, her aching body going boneless. Her heart was still racing, her mind still spinning. There had always been something dark and dangerous lurking in the shadows of their encounters, but tonight...there was something more. The desperation in his actions, his urgent resistance till the very end –

and then –

he gave in, hot and hard and fast, stealing her breath along with the remaining pieces of her heart.

She blushed furiously, even now, as the visceral memory encompassed her once again. She was torn between wanting to remember it all, every sensation of his body against hers, and wanting to live in the awe he had inspired in her. He had been so vulnerable, yet powerful, all at the same time, and she knew –

no one would ever hold a candle to him in that moment, not in thought, word, or deed.

She rubbed the sore muscles of her legs as the memories ebbed, reality crashing down upon her once again. Now what was she going to do? He had no interest in hunting down the shards, or honoring a familial bond with his brother…

…did she, anymore?

Lifting her hand, she gingerly raked her fingers down her neck, along the shallow slashes left by his claws in the heat of the moment.

Was it worth it?

She smiled as a final memory returned: waking up in his arms, covered by the shimmering curtain of his hair.

Oh, yes.