InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Collected Works ❯ Vengeance ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Vengeance
Author: LuxKen27
Genre: Drama
Universe: Canon
Rating: T
Warning: Hint of violence
Word Count: 200
Summary: Set in the same universe as “Remembrance” and “Promise”: Sesshoumaru realizes Kagome is worthy of not only an alliance, but personal protection as well.

Entry for: dokuga_contest [Sess/Kag] Drabble #13, “Snarl” (3rd Place)

Disclaimer: The Inuyasha concept, story, and characters are copyright Rumiko Takahashi and Viz Media.

~*~

He sensed it, the moment she went down.

He’d been expecting this attack on his holding; indeed, he’d tacitly begun preparing his forces to defend the walls of the castle – even the lands beyond – against the invading forces. She had not been in his company for long, and seemed quite in awe of his methodical plotting.

He was Sesshoumaru, Lord of the West. He left nothing to chance.

He was surprised – and displeased – when she insisted on joining the fray. He’d known she was stubborn, from his past encounters with her and the rest of his brother’s group, but he was wary that she didn’t yet have full control over her miko powers. Yet she was determined to prove her worth. With his top general felled by a sudden illness, he had no other choice.

Unfortunately, his fears were confirmed.

Even from across the courtyard, he felt her fall, as though she was standing beside him. He reacted before he could think, cutting through swathes of enemy forces, sudden urgency rushing through him, the need to find her overwhelming him. A low, guttural snarl ripped from his throat as he closed in, vowing to punish those who’d dare injure her.