InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Collected Works ❯ Alliance ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Alliance
Author: LuxKen27
Genre: Drama
Universe: Canon
Rating: T
Warning: Hint of violence
Word Count: 200
Summary: A sequel to “Vengeance.” Sesshoumaru realizes Kagome’s stubborn pride – and his own actions – has caused her harm.

Author’s Note: This universe also encompasses “Remembrance” and “Promise”

Entry for: dokuga_contest [Sess/Kag] Drabble #16, “Gasp”

Disclaimer: The Inuyasha concept, story, and characters are copyright Rumiko Takahashi and Viz Media.

~*~

Two weeks later, he found her on the corner of an abandoned practice range, firing arrow after angry arrow into a far target with deadly precision. He held back for a moment, admiring her improving skill. As he approached, however, he realized she hardly had such control over herself, a fine shimmer of rage radiating from her thin frame.

The accompanying scent was sour to his nostrils.

She whirled around then, stifling a startled gasp at his presence, and he, too, was brought up short. Ghastly bruises and marks covered every visible inch of her – wounds too fresh to be battle scars. Defiant tears slipped from the corners of her eyes.

Anger coiled in his gut. “Who did this to you?” he asked, his voice low, guttural.

She turned away. “Your men don’t respect me.”

“Who?” he demanded. This would not stand. Did his men not realize the extent of her powers?

“Does it matter?” she sighed. “They fear me, but they don’t respect me. They were only putting me in my place.”

His eyes blazed with golden fire. “Your place,” he hissed possessively, “is with me. We are allies.”

“That’s not good enough, anymore,” came the flat, defeated reply.