InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Complexities of Fate ❯ Choices ( Chapter 27 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

I'm so sorry this took long to finish…I'll answer questions later….and post them in the next chapter. I'm losing my mind over ex boyfriends asking for some space and time then changing their minds as soon as you say “yes…I need space and time too so see you around…” and they're telling us women are fickle-minded. Sheesh!
 
 
 
This chapter is for rlp, charice, elenecala,Aewi zu Hause, LadyWolf,Meru, Page13, BiggestInuyashaFANever, 0oStandinOuto0, Portia, TrinityK, inukaggrrl06, AngelsRebellion, Ryo-Truesdale and rainydays
 
 
 
 
Thank you so much for leaving a review…
 
 
~aryanna~
 
 
 
 
Oh, Belated Happy Birthday AngelsRebellion!
 
 
 
 
 
And HelloMumeanha! I'll try to call you tomorrow and hopefully we can talk about living, loving and learning…hehehe! I don't really know what time is it there now…so…hmm…
 
 
 
 
CHAPTER 27: CHOICES
 
 
 
 
“Come back to me….”
 
 
Inuyasha opened his eyes and the sickening smell of blood, fear and tears assaulted his nose. He looked around him and saw Sesshoumaru staring at him with an unreadable expression in his eyes. He felt a dead weight in his arms and he was almost afraid to look down.
 
“Inuyasha….?” Sesshoumaru called his name and he looked at his brother hesitantly.
 
“Kagome, needs medical attention…” Sesshoumaru whispered and Inuyasha felt a pain in his heart like no other. He lowered his head and met Kagome's bloody, unconscious form.
 
“Kagome…” He sobbed her name brokenly as he hugged her frail body close. He laid his ear on her chest and was relieved to hear her heart beat. He cringed when he looked at his hands - his hands which are coated with blood - Kagome's blood. He felt bile rise in his throat as he fought the urge to gag. I have to be strong, I have to be strong for her.
 
Inuyasha vaguely heard Sesshoumaru issuing commands as he continued to clasp Kagome to his chest. He felt his mother hug him from behind and his father talking to someone over the phone, still he remained immobile afraid the faint beating of her heart would stop if he made even the slightest move.
 
“Son, the paramedics are here…” Mr. Hirohito whispered minutes after and Inuyasha looked at him blankly.
 
“They're here to take Kagome to the hospital…”
 
“NO!” Inuyasha snapped. “No one's taking my mate away from me!”
 
“Inuyasha….” Sesshoumaru said and he could hear his mother crying in the background.
 
“They won't harm her, they're here to help.” Mr. Hirohito said, his face grim. In the end, it was Sesshoumaru, with his calm voice, who convinced Inuyasha to let Kagome go promising him he'd ask the paramedics to let stay by her side. He remembered being ushered inside the ambulance as his parents and Sesshoumaru jumped into their cars to follow.
 
It felt so unreal, the high-pitch ringing of the ambulance's siren as the vehicle weaved in and out of after-dinner traffic, the soft beeping sound of an apparatus monitoring Kagome's heartbeat and breathing, the delicate, cold hand of Kagome which he gripped like a lifeline. He felt his heart shatter every time she struggles to breathe.
 
Kagome, don't leave me…He chanted over and over in his head as he looked at the pale girl beside him, her pink dress blooded and torn. As if hearing him, she weakly gripped his hand and Inuyasha gave in and openly cried. He felt his body wracked by sobs too huge and too painful to contain. The ambulance stopped and he dazedly got out never letting go of Kagome's hand. He saw his parents and couldn't bear to stomach the pity in their faces.
 
“Sir, you are not allowed in…” The nurse informed him quietly and he glared at her.
 
“NO, I'll go with her!” He replied even as the nurse shook her head.
 
“Inuyasha, you'll see her in an hour, please they have to check her up…” Sesshoumaru said as he put his hand heavily on Inuyasha's shoulder.
 
“What if something happens to her?” He asked no one as they pried his hand off hers.
 
“Nothing's going to happen to her. You wouldn't let anything happen to her, would you?” Sesshoumaru said as he steered Inuyasha into the white folding chairs. He sat down quietly and Sesshoumaru sat beside him.
 
“I did this to her…”
 
“You were not aware of what you were doing…” Sesshoumaru replied sighing heavily.
 
“But still…”
 
“Inuyasha, it won't help Kagome if you die blaming yourself for a predicament we both know you have no control over…”
 
“You're actually talking to me…” Inuyasha said as he glanced at Sesshoumaru sideways.
 
“So it seems…”
 
“Why?”
 
“What do you mean, why?”
 
“Why are you talking to me, Sesshoumaru?”
 
“Because you're my brother and you need my help.”
 
“Is that all?”
 
“And your mate is a special girl who would probably blast me till I melt if I'll leave you alone when you obviously need someone.”
 
“My mate is special, isn't she?” Inuyasha said smiling softly.
 
“That she is.”
 
“Wait, how did you know…?”
 
“I know Inuyasha. I knew from the very start she was meant to be…yours.” Sesshoumaru replied in a slightly melancholic voice.
 
“But you have feelings for her.”
 
“That I won't deny…” Sesshoumaru said as he looked Inuyasha in the eye. “But it was you she chose, it was you she promised her life to, it is you she loves…”
 
“And that's okay with you?”
 
“Little brother, you really are stupid if you think one can mess up with hearts and destinies.”
 
“I'm sorry, Sesshoumaru…”
 
“For?”
 
“I'm sorry that she chose me over you…”
 
“Cruel until the very end.” Sesshoumaru replied smirking.
 
“And I'm sorry that it took an accident like this for us to talk….like brothers.”
 
“I prefer the cruel until the very end you, Inuyasha.” Sesshoumaru said and Inuyasha could not help but smirk.
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
Mrs. Higurashi arrived after thirty minutes with Souta and Inuyasha prayed the floor would open up to swallow him or the ceiling would collapse to kill him. Talking to Sesshoumaru and their parents was hard but talking to Mrs. Higurashi will be mission impossible.
 
“You have to face her…” Sesshoumaru said following Inuyasha as he ran towards the comfort rooms when he heard Mrs. Higurashi's voice.
 
“I can't…”
 
“I can't is for sissies….” Sesshoumaru taunted.
 
“How can I tell her I did this to her daughter?!”
 
“Would you rather that I tell her?” Sesshoumaru asked raising his brow.
 
“I…..I…..”
 
“See, the best person to tell her about what happened is you, not Dad, not Mother neither I but you…”
 
“Have I told you you're a bastard?” Inuyasha feebly said.
 
“Countless times actually…” Sesshoumaru replied.
 
“What should I tell her, Sesshoumaru?”
 
“The truth…”
 
“But…”
 
“The truth Inuyasha, the truth that you never intended for this happen, that you'd rather let me kick your ass than scratch Kagome's skin…”
 
“How about I kick yours?”
 
“Ah, how ignorant of you little brother…”
 
“Ignorant?”
 
“How ignorant of you to think that you can kick my ass…” Sesshoumaru said as he opened the door and left.
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
“How did this happen?” Mrs. Higurashi asked as she cried looking at Kagome's pale, bruised face.
 
“I did it.” Inuyasha replied as he opened the door to Kagome's room.
 
“You? How?”
 
“I turned full demon and….and….” Inuyasha stammered, uncertain how he should continue.
 
“I've heard enough…” Mrs. Higurashi said and Inuyasha bowed his head unable to meet Kagome's mother's gaze.
 
“I know you didn't mean to hurt her, Inuyasha.” Mrs. Higurashi uttered softly and Inuyasha closed his eyes in shame.
 
“No, I did not…”
 
“So why are you scared?”
 
“Because I'm supposed to take care of her…”
 
“And I know you did....you would…always.”
 
“I'm so sorry.”
 
“You're forgiven, I know Kagome forgave you even before you asked.”
 
“I failed her…”
 
“You're here by her side, you did not.”
 
“How can you be so kind after what happened?” Inuyasha asked, confusion visible in his face.
 
“Because the heart sees what the eye could not and I know you'll never hurt my daughter, Inuyasha. Same as I know that she loves you and you love her just as fiercely.
 
“I'm not worthy of her…” Inuyasha said.
 
“Tell Kagome that and she'd probably kick your ass until you wake up from that self-induced nightmare.” Mrs. Higurashi replied and Inuyasha smiled feebly.
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
“Should we tell him?” Mrs. Hirohito asked her husband sadly.
 
“We should, his training starts in a week.”
 
“He wouldn't leave her side…”
 
“He does not have a choice, we don't want to lose him and I'm sure he does not want to hurt Kagome again…”
 
“But would he agree?”
 
“Izza…”
 
“Tai, we both know what happens when mated pairs are separated…”
 
“We had to take the risk, I'm scared and apprehensive as you are and believe me, I never dreamed of taking Inuyasha away from Kagome but after the accident, I'd rather face my son's wrath than lose him…”
 
“But how?”
 
“We need to explain to him carefully…it's now or never and never is not an option…”
 
“I wish there's some way we could train him here…”
 
“I wish so too but considering Inuyasha's special circumstances…”
 
“What of Kagome?”
 
“Kaede mentioned a spell…”
 
“I don't agree to it!” Mrs. Hirohito snapped and closed her mouth when Inuyasha entered the room.
 
“What do you want to talk about, Mom, Dad?” Inuyasha asked as he took the seat across his parents.
 
“Inuyasha, please before any reaction, I want you to hear us out…”
 
“Okay,” Inuyasha slowly replied as he eyed his parents. He could smell his mother's nervousness and…sadness? Why is Mom sad?
 
“We think…I think that the reason your youkai comes out is because you're physically weak so it surfaces when you or someone you love feels threatened…”
 
“Oh-kay…and?”
 
“And we've decided to…” Mrs. Hirohito started and stopped, unable to meet her son's eyes.
 
“We've decided to let you undergo training…physical training…” Mr. Hirohito finished.
 
“Okay, I'm cool with that.” Inuyasha answered smiling at his parents.
 
“We're glad.”
 
“So is it after school or every weekend?” Inuyasha asked innocently.
 
“It's eight hours a day everyday…” Mr. Hirohito replied.
 
“What?! What about school, dad?”
 
“You'll be home-schooled…”
 
“Okay…at least Kagome can come over.”
 
“Inuyasha, Kagome can't come over.” Mrs. Hirohito said gently.
 
“Why?”
 
“Because you'll be training in London…” Mr. Hirohito answered.
 
“WHAT?!” Inuyasha yelled. “Why London?”
 
“Because that's where the council is based, due to the sensitivity of your case, the council has decided that your training be guarded and isolated.
 
“Who gives a fuck about the council?! I've never even heard that a council for our kind exists until today!”
 
“Inuyasha, we've talked to you about the council when you turned twelve, they are chosen individuals representing the youkai, hanyou and human line. They step in to provide order…”
 
“But, what about Kagome?”
 
“We'll look after her…” Mrs. Hirohito assured her son.
 
“I'll die without her…”
 
“Inuyasha…”
 
“Just kill me rather than make me live away from her…”
 
“Inuyasha, please understand. Both yours and Kagome's lives are in danger the longer these transformations are left alone…”
 
“I can always go back, Kagome is always able to call me back…” Inuyasha reasoned, his voice quivering at the thought of being far from his mate.
 
“But at what cost? Kagome is in the hospital now, unconscious for almost sixteen hours…”
 
“I did not mean to hurt her…”
 
“We know honey, we know but these transformations are dangerous to you too, when your youkai takes over, it fights to remain in control and the longer it is in control of you no matter how temporary, your human part dies until you won't be able to come back…until Kagome won't be able to call you back.” Mrs. Hirohito explained, her heart breaking at the sight of her son.
 
“I agree and I promise to train…please…just not far here….just not far from her…” Inuyasha pleaded.
 
“I'm sorry, son but London is the best option for you now. It has the most advance facilities to monitor your progress while you train and the council's headquarters is secure enough for you…and the people who'll be training you.” Mr. Hirohito said as he gripped Inuyasha's hand.
 
“Okay, if it's for the best…” Inuyasha responded. A few weeks away from Kagome wouldn't hurt…that much. He thought although he felt a tearing in his gut at the thought. Two weeks, two weeks is how long I will allow it.
 
“Good.”
 
“How long is the training?” Inuyasha asked and felt uneasy when his mother paled.
 
“Two years…”
 
“WHAT?! NO!” Inuyasha yelled and Mrs. Hirohito winced.
 
“Two years is how long it takes for you to get trained and learn your abilities…”
 
“Are you trying to take me away from my mate?!” Inuyasha asked loudly, his eyes starting to bleed crimson.
 
“Inuyasha…”
 
“You're taking me away from Kagome?!”
 
“Inuyasha, please…”
 
“How can you…” Inuyasha said and his fangs started to lengthen, Mrs. Hirohito threw herself at his son's arm hugging him intensely.
 
“No, Inuyasha…please don't…please …please fight it. Kagome will be waiting for you, she'll be waiting…” She sobbed pitifully, not minding the claws that bit into her arms. Mr. Hirohito held his breath as he smelled her wife's blood.
 
“INUYASHA! SNAP THE HELL OF IT!” Mr. Hirohito bellowed as he too transformed, slowly, Inuyasha's claws retracted, the fangs went back to their normal size.
 
“Mom…?” Inuyasha asked and he pushed her mother slightly off him.
 
“You're back…” Mrs. Hirohito cried as she hugged him close. “You're back.” Inuyasha stepped back and looked at his blooded claws… He looked at his mothers wounded arms and ran.
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
Inuyasha ran until he reached the Higurashi shrine. He sat on the lowest of the stone steps as he cradled his head on his hands, his hands which drew blood from the only two women he loves - his mother and his mate. Inuyasha sighed as he slowly ascended the steps leading to the shrine. It seems no one's home. May be they're at the hospital looking after Kagome. I'll go visit later when everyone has already left. He thought as he walked towards the Goshinboku and climbed the lowest branch. He could see Kagome's room from where he sat and he could not help the pain in his heart.
 
Kagome. Kagome trusted him, she trusted him with her life that's why she's lying now in that cold, hospital bed. Inuyasha sighed as he jumped into the wide ledge below Kagome's window, he pulled himself until he was leveled with her window, he tugged and the glass pane slid open. She leaves it intentionally open every night because she knows I'll be sneaking in. he could not help the warmth that enveloped him as soon as her scent surrounded his senses. He flipped the switch on and sat on her bed.
 
Inuyasha smiled as his gaze fell on the pictures Kagome pasted on her wall. He moved closer and touched the photos, his claws tracing gently Kagome's face. He smiled sadly as he remembered how and when the recent photo was taken - it had been his birthday and Kagome had jumped into his lap as soon as Miroku set the camera's timer, wrapping her arms around his neck and sticking her tongue out as the camera clicked. He felt his tears trickle down his face as he thought of being away from her. Two years - almost a lifetime. He lay on her bed and hugged her pillow to his chest inhaling her lingering scent. I can't even last a night without her, how can I last two years? Inuyasha asked himself as he slowly drifted into an uneasy sleep.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
 
 
Author's Note:
 
I know…sad. But….*sobs*