InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Complexities of Fate ❯ Busy Lives ( Epilogue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Just a few clarifications:
 
Yes, Cum Shot is actually a real drink and I would like to thank Michiee for telling me about it and Jasper who tested the drink and got woozy (though he wouldn't admit it!).
 
 
~*~
 
 
I'm a Filipina and proud of it. I'm a college student taking up BS Economics.
 
 
~*~
 
 
And, Akio is Kagome's debating teammate while Aiko is Kagome's tempura-loving debater friend. So yes, they are two different people. Akio is a boy and Aiko is a girl…
 
 
~*~
 
 
Thank you to those who read and reviewed, you people are the best. I have always loved writing and it makes happy to know that others like my work.
 
As always thank you and see you on the next ride called Mirror Images.
 
 
aryanna
 
 
 
 
EPILOGUE:BUSY LIVES
 
 
“Come on, Sango…” Kagome whined as she let Sango pull her towards the auditorium.
 
“A bet is a bet.” Sango replied smiling evilly at her distraught friend.
 
“But that was ages ago… “Kagome pleaded as she tried to keep up with her friend in her three-inch high-heeled shoes and above the knee matching pink and white business suit.
 
“Still…” Sango said as she peered inside the opaque, glass doors.
 
“My goddaughter, Mira wouldn't like her godmother to go through this…” Kagome tried to use another tactic and sighed heavily when Sango looked at her with a knowing smile.
 
“Won't work.” She replied.
 
“But…”
 
“We placed the bet, Kagome and I specifically told you I'd collect the favor when I need it, it's a stroke of luck that I remembered about that hickey bet actually…” Sango admitted as she turned to look at Kagome's mortified expression.
 
“I'll give you that brown Casadei boots you adore….” Kagome tried to wheedle.
 
“Not working….”
 
“I'll be your lawyer when you seek for a divorce on the grounds of Miroku's wandering hands for free!!” Kagome added desperately.
 
“Funny but I know you'll represent me for free at anything. Am I not lucky to have a pretty lawyer friend who topped the bar?” Sango said.
 
“Please…this would embarrass him…”
 
“Yeah and having me wear a bunny suit to Miroku's office when my goddaughter Sachi's first word was `Dada' and not Mama was not embarrassing…?” Sango replied and Kagome squirmed uneasily.
 
“I said I was sorry….” Kagome said.
 
“Too late….”
 
“Good, he just went up the stage…” Sango whispered as she pushed Kagome inside the large auditorium where Inuyasha was the guest speaker. Tokyo University School of Medicine invited Inuyasha to their symposium on Intracerebral Hemorrhaging as he advocated a new treatment on this kind of stroke.
 
The host gave a flowery speech on Dr. Inuyasha Hirohito's accomplishments at a young age of twenty-nine as Inuyasha glanced at his watch eager to leave since it's his turn to pick their nine-year old son Yasou, up from school. Yasou…peaceful one…but my son is anything but peaceful although he has his Sesshoumaru moments. Inuyasha thought as his son's solemn pout crossed his mind.
 
“And now, without further ado, let's all welcome back to Tokyo University School of Medicine, Dr. Inuyasha Hirohito!” The students stood up as he walked towards the podium.
 
“Good afternoon. I'm embarrassed by such praises coming from one of Tokyo University School of Medicine's promising graduates…” He started and the crowd laughed appreciatively.
 
“But, it's always a pleasure to see such eager, young faces everytime I'm invited to occasions such as this and I'm greatly honored to be afforded such favor….” The students clapped again and Inuyasha smiled indulgently.
 
“Intracerebral Hemorrhaging or brain bleeding makes up fifteen percent of all strokes and ninety percent of the patients die within a month…” He paused as he looked at the eager faces of his audience. He was confused for a second when the spectators grinned and catcalled. His confusion was short-lived as soft, feminine hands grasped his face for a thorough kiss. The crowd roared in appreciation as he saw Kagome made a hasty exit.
 
“That better be my wife…” He joked as he adjusted his tie and the audience laughed. And she'd better be prepared when I get home, that tease. He thought as he tried to organize the ideas he painfully researched for the past three years, the same ideas which were viciously scattered to the four winds due to his wife's three seconds kiss. Tease.
 
 
 
 
 
~0o0~
 
 
 
Kagome opened the door to her office with a sigh. She just had to remember about that stupid bet we made on my hickeys, that was almost ten years ago! Kagome thought grumpily as she unbuttoned her blazer. She took the pink blazer off and draped it on the back of her chair. Gods, that was embarrassing, Inuyasha would probably throw a fit. She looked at her watch and groaned - she was gone for more than two hours because she and Sango had coffee after their `escapade.' Damn Sango Houshi and her good memory. Kagome scowled thinking about had casual Sango was after the dare, mentioning her plans to export to other countries the quickly becoming popular arts and crafts business she started.
 
Her phone rang and she picked it up.
 
“Atty. Hirohito, your mother is in line two…” Michiko, her secretary's high-pitched voice sounded through the receiver.
 
“Put her through…” Kagome said as she leaned back on her chair. She looked at the recently-taken family picture and smiled looking at her daughter Sachiko's's toothy grin as she reached for the silvery hair of her father who was holding her. Her gaze shifted to her son's `smirking face' as he casually leaned against his mother's shoulder.
 
“Kagome, are you there?” She heard her mother's voice.
 
“Mama, I'm so sorry, I was just deep in thoughts…” Kagome replied as leaned up to trace the silver hair on Yasou's head, a striking opposite to Sachi's raven-black tresses.
 
“You're all coming home for your twenty-ninth birthday, right?” Mrs. Higurashi asked.
 
“Yes, Mama…” Kagome replied, wincing as her mother mentioned her age. “Sango and Miroku will be there too…” Kagome added.
 
“Oh, I'm so excited, I have not seen my Yasou and Sachi for almost a week!”
 
“They're excited to see you too, Mama. Sachi said her first word…'Dada' last week.” Kagome proudly announced.
 
“She did? Wow, my granddaughter's so smart!” Mrs. Higurashi said and Kagome giggled at her mother's excitement.
 
“And Yasou won the spelling bee…”
 
“He did?”
 
“Yes…anyway Mama ,how's everyone especially Souta and his new girlfriend?”
 
“Oh, we're all fine and Souta's on his third job and he and Hitomi got back together…”
 
“Wow, I'm giving them two months this time.” Kagome snorted.
 
“Let him…he's taking his time….” Mrs. Higurashi depended and Kagome sighed. “Be careful this Saturday, okay?”
 
“We will…” Kagome replied before saying goodbye. She stood up and went to the comfort room inside her office to wash her face and brush her teeth. Walking back to her table, she stared at the neatly filed cases in front of her and sighed as she leaned back on her chair again and closed her eyes.
 
“Very tempting….” Someone drawled and Kagome opened her eyes in surprise.
 
“Inuyasha?” She asked as she watched her husband walked towards him.
 
“Who else?”
 
“What are you doing here, aren't you supposed to be at the medical symposium? When did you get here?” Kagome said as she allowed her husband to lift her off her chair and carry her towards the white sofa strategically placed facing the fireplace.
 
“I'm here to see my wife, it's finished and I flew…”Inuyasha replied as he laid her carefully down on the sofa.
 
“Sango made me do it!” Kagome squeaked.
 
“Hm…”
 
“I'm sorry if I embarrassed you…” Kagome said.
 
“You do realize that you have to pay…” Inuyasha whispered as he nibbled her neck. All coherent thoughts flew out of Kagome's mind as she felt him unbutton her blouse.
 
“Are you taking my blouse off?”
 
“Hm…” Inuyasha replied licking at her mark.
 
“But Yasou…?” Kagome moaned as fire sizzled in her blood.
 
“I already picked him up. He's with Michiko…”
 
“And Sachi?” Kagome asked before pulling his head up for a deep kiss.
 
“With Yasou…” Inuyasha replied as his hands roamed over her body.
 
“Wait…you had our children riding your back again as you jumped from building to building, did you?” Kagome asked frowning.
 
“They enjoy it.”
 
“But their mother does not agree with it!” Kagome retorted. She was silenced by his insistent mouth once again and Kagome felt goose bumps burst in her arms as her husband's hands strayed under her skirt.
 
“We're at the office…” Kagome protested as her blouse fell off the beige carpeted floor. She felt him unzip the matching skirt and she felt almost breathless with anticipation.
 
“And we own the office so who cares?”
 
“I still have cases to read….”
 
“Give them to your other lawyers…”
 
“But…”
 
“Shhh…” Inuyasha said as he lowered himself on top of her. He kissed her tenderly as she arched her back off the sofa to unclasp her bra. He leaned away a little to look at her eyes. “I love you…” He whispered.
 
“I love you.” Kagome whispered back. “Someone might come in…” Kagome added as her gaze darted to the door.
 
“No one will, I put the `Don't Disturb' sign on…” Inuyasha said smiling naughtily.
 
“Okay, ten years and two kids later and you're still…” Kagome started and sighed when Inuyasha kissed her again. She reached up to fondle his ears and she swallowed his moans. The kiss became heated but they took everything in stride - their caresses were languid and not hurried like before, the kisses softer, the touches gentler and the whispered promises sweeter.
 
Kagome slowly unbuttoned her husband's shirt when the door opened -
 
“There was something I forg - whoaa…that is what I call mixing business with pleasure…” Sango's voice rang through their ears and Inuyasha fell off the seat.
 
“Ouch….” Kagome said as she landed on top of her husband with a thud.
 
“Remind me again why were allowing her to live?” Inuyasha asked aloud as Kagome hastily put her blouse back on and zipped her skirt quickly. Kagome giggled helplessly as she kissed his lips to appease his temper.
 
“Because Sachi will miss her godmother…” Kagome whispered against his lips as he opened her mouth over hers for another kiss.
 
“Darling San - oh my ten years and you still get caught. We'll just be outside…give us a holler or a groan when you need us…” They heard Miroku laugh as Kagome took her high heels off at threw it at him before the door closed.
 
 
“Very mature hon…” Inuyasha teased.
 
“Keh!” Kagome said as she allowed him to help her to his feet. Smiling at him, she retrieved her shoes and walked towards the comfort room to comb her hair. She was amused when her husband followed her. “I don't think I like what you have in mind…” Kagome said as she shook her hair free from her braid.
 
“Hm…” Inuyasha replied as she lifted her to sit on the marble sink.
 
“You'll love it, I promise you.” He whispered huskily as his nimble finger unbuttoned her blouse again. Suddenly there was a thumping on the door.
 
“Mommy, Daddy...are you there? Sachi is hungry!” Yasou said as he continued to knock. Inuyasha groaned as he leaned his forehead against hers.
 
“Later, I promise…” Kagome whispered as she kissed his cheek. Sighing he helped her off the sink.
 
“Later.” Inuyasha said as they opened the door to see their son.
 
“What were you doing?” Yasou demanded looking at his parents flushed face. He was rocking back and forth Sachi's stroller and Kagome smiled when she saw her daughter's misty, golden eyes. Cooing, she picked the six-month old up.
 
“Trying to give you another sister…” Inuyasha muttered under his breath and Kagome elbowed him painfully. Yasou's deep-blue eyes narrowed in perfect imitation of his uncle Sesshoumaru's.
 
“Mommy was brushing her teeth and Dad was watching Mommy do it, darling…” Kagome said absentmindedly.
 
“Weird…” Yasou said as Kagome tweaked his ears.
 
“Yas, where are you?” Mira, Sango and Miroku's daughter called and Kagome watched with amusement as his son's ears twitched. He ran off without giving them a backward glance.
 
“Daddy was watching Mommy do it?” Inuyasha asked laughing softly as he wrapped his arms around his wife and daughter.
 
“Do you have anything better to say?” Kagome challenged as she let him kiss her. They broke apart as Sachi let out a loud wail.
 
“Come to Daddy…” Inuyasha said as he reached for his daughter.
 
“Your daughter has you wrapped around her fingers…” Kagome said smiling.
 
“But of course, she learned from her mother…” Inuyasha replied as Kagome arched her brow at him.
 
“She fell asleep…” Kagome whispered, smoothing her daughter's fine hair. “I'll feed her later then…” She said as she took the infant from Inuyasha's arms. Inuyasha righted the sofa and they both sat down cradling their daughter.
 
“She looks just like you…” Inuyasha whispered as they watched their daughter sleep.
 
“But the eyes are definitely yours…” Kagome whispered back as she leaned her head against his shoulder. The door opened and Yasou walked in looking forlorn as he sat on his father's lap.
 
“What happened to you?” Kagome asked her son with a smile.
 
“Mira touched my ears.” The boy replied as he burrowed his face deeper into his father's chest.
 
“Oh, someone's got tickly ears…” Kagome teased and laughed softly when the boy pouted. Yasou took his sister's hand in his.
 
“Was I this small?” He asked his mother.
 
“No, you were bigger…” Kagome said.
 
“Thought so…” Her son replied as he yawned and wiggled trying to find a comfortable position. The parents watched as their kids slept.
 
“I wouldn't tire looking at them…” Kagome said as she reached up to smooth her son's bangs off his face.
 
“And I wouldn't tire looking at you…” Inuyasha replied and Kagome's gaze traveled to his face.
 
“You wouldn't…” She whispered back as she tried to stifle a yawn.
 
“Sleep.” Inuyasha commanded.
 
“I can't, got work to do…” Kagome said as she closed her eyes. Inuyasha smiled as his wife's head lolled on his shoulder. All I ever wanted is right here… Inuyasha thought as he looked at his family. Just right here….
 
 
 
 
 
~0o0~
 
 
 
Author's Note:
 
Finished! Review! Don't forget to review the first chapter of Mirror Images already postedso check it out. Thanks.