InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Crazy 4 U ❯ Running Away from Everything ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Legal Disclaimer - I *sniff* don't own Inuyasha . . .

Chapter 3 - Running Away From Everything . . . (Isn't always such a good idea . . .)

Kagome dragged herself from downtown to her dorm at about 8 that night after she had taken care of all the business at the coffee house. She passed the library, cafeteria, and the boy's dorms, on her way until she finally found herself at her front door. Posters that belonged back in the 60's just barely clung to its peeling surface by thin strips of tape and on the other side she would walk face first into those really hippy beads that hung from the doorframe.

Opening the door with a small creak, she was shocked to find the place clean and tidy. Kagome never knew that the floor was actually white and the room was actually pretty large. That's when she noticed that everything that was hers was gone. The bedspread, pillows, stuffed animals, books, games, and even her beanbag! What was going on? Had they been robbed? No way! Someone would have seen people walking down to the campus with a disco beanbag!

Turning around, she then realized that all of her roommate's stuff was gone as well. The shelves full of her crap were cleared and her clothes had been removed from the dressers, floor, and closets. The computer was gone, as well as the overdue library books that had been lying on the hardwood desk.

"Miss Higurashi," a voice called to her, making Kagome jump up in surprise.

Kagome turned to see the Dean standing in the doorway, with a firm grip on her roommate's fishnet-covered arm.

"Let go of me!" she cried, and wiggled out of his grasp.

"Now Miss Mizuhara, I think you should be approaching this in a mild manner," he said, all too calmly.

"Bite me, bitch!" the goth teen yelled.

"Miss Mizuhara! Restrain yourself! Now Miss Higurashi and Miss Mizuhara, you have been monitored for the past couple of months. Your grades have been dropping at an incredible rate. We're sorry to say this but . . . we have been forced to remove you from this college as of today," the Dean said, trying to sound as solemn as possible.

Kagome just looked at him like he was some sort of alien. What did he just say? She's kicked out? Just because she was getting C's?! People were getting D's and F's and still passing! But then again their parents had big bucks while she was there on a scholarship. Kagome could only sigh.

"Your things have been sent home to your families," he informed them. "And, might I add, that if you weren't getting the boot right now, you would be because animals are NOT allowed in the dorms!" and with that the Dean stormed out of the room, getting stares from both girls and one feline.

Kitori Mizuhara plopped down on the bed and sighed. Kagome followed suit on what would have been her bed. Buyo jumped up onto his master's lap and started to nuzzle Kagome's hands and face.

"I guess this is it . . ." Kagome said.

"Yeah . . ." Kitori agreed and sat up. "It was nice to know you."

"It was nice to know you too," Kagome said, and they both gave each other a quick hug.

"I'll keep in touch . . . you have my screen name," Kitori said, picking up her knapsack by the door.

"Yeah . . ." Kagome said, watching her friend leave the dorm that they had called home for almost two years.

Kagome sat for a long while before deciding that she wasn't going home. Packing her lap top in her backpack (yes the big ol' yellow one) and some clothes that had been neglected (or left for her to at least get her home), she picked up her cat and put him in there (with much protesting) as well. After that she walked out the door and off the campus, not once looking back.

***

Walking wasn't the hard part of the whole thing; it was the fear that someone was going to grab her which was making her slow down. Kagome kept seeing this shadow on the walls that she passed and it seemed to be following her. Pushing this out of her mind, Kagome pressed on, trying to stop her imagination from taking over.

The only thing she had on her back was . . . well . . . the backpack but clothes-wise she had on a black hoodie, matching beanie, and a short plaid skirt. Her long, raven hair was down, covering her shoulders and most of her lower back, but she was cold on that chilly March evening.

What was she thinking? Going out in the middle of the night was just plain stupid! And that shadow was getting closer! But what was she going to do? RUN!

So she ran. She ran all the way down a dark, cold, scary-looking alley-way that looked good enough to be in some murder film. And to her absolute horror, there was someone following her! Someone very big and definitely not friendly. Therefore, she kept on running, slipping on pieces of slime and garbage that littered the nasty area. Kagome was running at full speed and the shadow followed at the same pace maybe a little faster. That's when she really knew it wasn't her over-active imagination OR her pesky shadow, but in fact a true stalker!

And Kagome knew it was going to happen sooner or later (and she would have preferred later) when she would trip and fall hard on the disgusting ground. Now that she was down, she heard the footsteps coming closer and closer at a much faster pace now that she was an easy prey. Kagome tried desperately to get up but, found that her ankle had sustained the fall more than her whole body combined; it throbbed dully with her heartbeat.

Now the predator was over her, sizing her up like a hawk did to its prey. Kagome wanted to scream. She wanted to scream really loud like in all of those kick-ass horror movies, but her voice was lost in her throat.

"Well, well. What do we have here?" said a very manly, very icy voice.

**

CLIFFHANGERS ARE EVIL! That's why I'm not gonna leave you hanging. You see, I'm gonna go as many chapters as I can because today is my day off and I wanna get a couple done. I know when I return to school -gag- that I will be bombarded with homework -double gag- and I won't be on the webpage for a while. Anywho . . . tell me what you think!

Review!

July 13, 2004: This is the revised version of the fic: Crazy 4 u written on January 5, 2003

I hope that you enjoyed the newer version of this story. More detail has been added, along with better punctuation and grammar. And, maybe more of a plot? I doubt it, but maybe. I will keep as much of this story as I can in tact! Thanks for reading!