InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Crazy 4 U ❯ Just Another Day ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Legal Disclaimer - I own Inuyasha. No, I'm not lying. -kicks Rumiko Takahashi's dead body into a nearby closet-

Author's Note - THIS STORY WILL NOT BE A LEMON! So don't look forward to it. I just wanted to let everybody know before I start getting the emails that say: "WHERE'S THE GODDAMN LEMON?!"

Chapter 5 - Just Another Day ((Boring title, not-so-boring chapter!))

Kagome stirred in her sleep, hugging a large blue pillow. She was so comfortable, just lying there and she didn't want to get up any time soon. But, she knew she had to eventually. With her eyes still closed she remembered what had happened in the alley, about the dogs and the two men. She opened one cerulean orb and looked up at the ceiling, watching as the bamboo fan kept spinning in circles at a monotonous speed. It was obvious she wasn't in the alley anymore.

She stretched and yawned, rubbing her eyes tiredly. Sitting up, Kagome found she was in a large bedroom. She quickly looked down to make sure all of her clothes were still on. Since Kagome couldn't really remember what had happened after she had fainted, she was a little bit nervous that maybe the other man had taken her home and had his way with her as she lay helpless on his very large, very comfortable, queen-sized bed.

To her relief and some-what embarrassment, she found that she DID have clothes on, but they definitely were not hers. She'd never be caught dead at an AC/DC concert ((And it makes me wonder why not; AC/DC isn't that bad.)) And then it made her wonder if that guy had changed her. Kagome twitched at the thought of some strange man getting an eyeful at her gorgeous body.

"At least the dogs didn't get me," she thought, trying to see the silver lining.

Putting a hand up to her head to brush some hair out of her eyes, Kagome realized that her forehead had been bandaged and all taken care of.

"That guy . . . did he really take care of me?" Kagome wondered.

She was going to get up out of the bed when her hand rested on something soft and furry. Kagome looked down and tears welled up in her eyes. They were full of pure happiness because before her lay the obese calico cat, Buyo. She bent over and kissed him on the head, not wanting to pick him up because he had bandages all over him.

"Probably from that Pit-bull . . ." Kagome thought, kissing his head once again.

When Kagome got up, she swayed slightly to the right. Remembering that her ankle had been hurt in the accident, she decided to not put a lot of pressure on it for a while. Kagome reached out her hand for a chair to help her walk. It had her backpack lying on it, untouched.

"Wow, he didn't rape me, rob me, or molest me (at least I hope not) . . . he must be very kind," Kagome concluded.

She shuffled through its contents (just to make sure all of her things where there, mainly her laptop) when she heard a noise from the corner of the room.

Looking to her right she saw the German Shepard lying by the door. He wasn't growling or snarling at her, in fact he was wagging his tail! The dog came up to her in hopes to be petted. She did not and she could have sworn she heard him sigh as he trotted out of the room. So, being the curious person that she was, Kagome followed him.

***

Inuyasha was standing in the kitchen clad in a T-shirt, a robe, and a pair of boxers. His head was in the fridge, looking for something edible, when he heard it.

"For Christ's sake!" He muttered. "Can they ever get along?"

The noises got louder next door and then voices were heard, not even slightly muffled through the wall because they were so freaking loud.

"Must you look at EVERY woman in the grocery store?!"

"I'm sorry baby. You know you're the only one for me!"

"Shut up and get out of here!"

"But honey!"

"OUT!"

Inuyasha winced as a door was slammed so harshly that it might have brought down the whole apartment building if it had been any rougher. Inuyasha sighed, somewhat happy that since he lived on the top floor, it wasn't as noisy for him as it was for the people below them. And those people were probably trying to figure out why their ceiling fan just came crashing down unto their dining room table.

Loud, irritated sounding footsteps paced the upstairs hallway.

"Oh boy . . . 3, 2, 1," Inuyasha muttered to himself, and on the count of "1" his door had been thrown open.

"SHE DID IT TO ME AGAIN!" a manly voice yelled, and then slammed Inuyasha's door.

When the door was slammed, this caused one of Inuyasha's frying pans to fall from the pot rack above an island in his kitchen; Inuyasha caught it out of pure habit.

"Then why don't you apologize and get out of my living room?" Inuyasha asked calmly, as he hung his pot back up unto the rack.

"YOU HEARD ME DIDN'T YOU!" he asked loudly.

"I can always hear you two, Miroku. When will you ever learn?" Inuyasha informed him.

"IT'S ALL HER FAULT!" Miroku shouted, plopping down on Inuyasha's leather couch with a pout.

"Don't sulk like a six-year-old now," Inuyasha said, narrowing his eyes at the babyish man on his sofa.

"I AM NOT SULKING!" Miroku barked.

All Inuyasha could think was: "Yeah, like, right."

"I do have someone in here who is trying to sleep ya know," Inuyasha told him, hoping that would make Miroku go and bother someone else for a day or two.

"I HAVE A CRISIS ON MY HANDS AND YOU'RE WORRIED THAT YOUR DOG IS GONNA WAKE UP?!" Miroku cried, jumping up while pointing an accusing finger at his friend.

"I know for a fact that you and Sango will be back together by breakfast," Inuyasha said a-matter-o-factly.

He grabbed a carton of orange juice and two glasses from the kitchen.

"You really think that?" Miroku asked, sitting back down.

"Positive," Inuyasha replied, passing him a glass of OJ.

"Where did you get that outrageous idea?" Miroku asked, taking a sip.

"Your psychiatrist," Inuyasha answered casually.

"Bite me," Miroku spat bitterly.

"That's Sango's job," Inuyasha pointed out.

Miroku glared at him.

"How do you know we'll be back together?! What if this is it? What if it's THE BIG ONE?! WHAT IF IT'S BREAK-UP TIME?!" Miroku cried, looking worried.

"It's not, believe me," Inuyasha said.

"How do YOU know? Are you GOD?! Nooo!" Miroku replied, and downed his whole glass of O.J. like it was Crown. "Hit me again!"

Inuyasha filled his glass up to the top once more.

"All I'm saying is that it's not gonna happen. We've had this talk the last three times you've hid in out in my apartment this week," Inuyasha reminded him.

Miroku just snorted into his orange juice. Inuyasha raised an eyebrow at him.

"Thank you, Dr. Phil," Miroku said sarcastically.

"I'll be here for the rest of eternity," Inuyasha replied, crossing his arms.

"Now that you've enlightened me, O' Mighty One, who's gonna be in the top five tonight at the horse race?" Miroku asked.

"Up Yours, Get Your Ass Off My Couch, Leave Silently, Don't Slam The Door, and Get The Fuck Outta Here," Inuyasha answered, annoyed.

There was a pause. Miroku reached into his back pocket and grabbed a pad of paper.

"Say that again slowly this time," Miroku said, taking a pen out of his sock.

Inuyasha gave him the finger. Miroku began to crack up. Inuyasha followed suit.

"That was pretty good! For a minute, it looked like you really wanted me to say it again," Inuyasha commented.

"Yeah," Miroku replied, putting his pen and paper away.

"You should go into acting," Inuyasha said.

Miroku started to laugh hysterically.

"T-That's a-a-a-a good one!" Miroku gasped in between his laughs.

"No, I was serious," Inuyasha pointed out. "You'd be so good at it."

"You should be a comedian," Miroku said, patting Inuyasha on the back as he headed towards the kitchen.

There was the sound of rummaging; Inuyasha turned around.

"What are you doing, dumbass?" Inuyasha asked.

"I'm lookin' for something to eat, dorkwad," Miroku replied.

"You have issues. Go home. Make your beautiful wife cook something for you," Inuyasha said (somewhat spitefully because he sure as hell didn't have a woman to cook for him), standing up to make Miroku get out of his house.

"We ain't married yet," Miroku pointed out.

"But you have food at your house. And you can eat at your house, where you live. Not in my apartment, where you don't live," Inuyasha replied, trying to get Miroku to leave.

"I know. But I'm hungry . . . Hey, why do you want me outta your house so bad?" Miroku asked.

"Uh, well, I . . ." Inuyasha began, twiddling his fingers a little as a small blush stained his cheeks.

Just then Spike came trotting into the living room, wagging his tail. Happy to see that there was another person to pet him, he went over to Miroku who just scratched him behind the ears carelessly. After getting neglected from Miroku he went over to his master, who started to rub his back. Inuyasha heard Miroku give a slight gasp, and Inuyasha gave him a sidelong glance. "What?"

"What in the seven hells happened to your arm?!" Miroku asked, indicating Inuyasha's heavily bandaged wrist that appeared from beneath the long sleeve of his bath robe.

"You just noticed that, huh? Well, it's a long story," Inuyasha said.

Then, Inuyasha heard Miroku give a bigger gasp and turned around to see what the heck he was so breath taken by. The girl that he had rescued from the alley was up and about staring at both men in the kitchen. Miroku observed what she was wearing and noticed that they were Inuyasha's clothes. And he would know because Miroku had gone with Inuyasha to that AC/DC concert in hopes to pick up some hot girls. Well . . . they got sweatshirts instead. Guess it shows how much luck they had, huh?

Miroku turned to Inuyasha and asked, "Is there something that you didn't tell me about?!"

"HENTAI!" Inuyasha shouted, whacking him over the head with an issue of Computer Tech Today that had been sitting on his counter.

"Sorry, I was lost for words when this beauty walked into the room," Miroku said silkily, making Kagome blush.

Faster than the eye could see, Miroku was out of the kitchen and was holding Kagome's hands with a serious expression on his face. "My name is Miroku Katamura. And what may I call this beautiful sprinkle of heaven?"

"My name is Kagome. Kagome Hirgurashi," she said, still blushing.

"I have one thing to ask you my darling," that serious look still on his face and in his voice, "Will you bear my-" but he was cut off when Inuyasha grabbed him by the ear and dragged him over to the couch.

"LOOK MISTER! YOU HAVE A FIANCE NEXT DOOR THAT YOU HAVE TO APOLOGIZE TO!" Inuyasha close to bellowed.

"Oi! Inuyasha! I was just joking!" Miroku said, waving his hands in front of himself defensively.

"I don't think that SANGO would find it AMUSING!" Inuyasha barked and he was just about to finish him off when the door to him apartment was thrown open again; the pot in his kitchen fell to the floor with a clatter.

Once the dust cleared (it had fallen from the ceiling when Inuyasha's door had been abused once again) everyone could see that in the doorframe stood a very tall, very menacing, very pissed off Sango.

"Uh oh," Miroku muttered.

^_-

Sorta a cliffe, but not! Sorry! These can't be as long as I like. Anywho . . . I brought the other characters in for their little scene. Yes, Sesshoumaru, Rin, Naraku, Kouga, Shippo, and Kaede will be in this. Kagome's parents and brother will too. Later. I promise.

Now review. I worked hard to earn my penny!

July 18, 2004: This is the revised version of the fic: Crazy 4 U written on January 5, 2003.

I hope that you enjoyed the newer version of this story. More detail has been added, along with better punctuation and grammar. And, maybe more of a plot? I doubt it, but maybe. I will keep as much of this story as I can in tact! Thanks for reading!