InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Crazy 4 U ❯ Meeting the People ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Legal Disclaimer - I still don't own Inuyasha. Dammit. I reminded myself.

Author's Note - OH MY GOD! PEOPLE REVIEWED THIS! MY LIFE IS OFFICIALLY GOOD. No . . . GREAT!

Chapter 6 - Meeting the people (yet another boring title name; bear with me here)

Sango stood tall and proud in the doorway, and she was ready to kick some serious ass. Her hair was pulled back in a high ponytail that hid beneath a red kerchief and her skintight jeans brought out her curves (much to Miroku's delight.) She would have been the perfect "dream girl" if she didn't have this big ol' scowl plastered on her smooth face.

"Now Sango. Let's try and keep the peace here." Inuyasha said (o_0 that was OOC),"my door can't take much more of this."

"SHUT UP!" Sango barked.

"Okay . . ." Inuyasha muttered, scooting away (slowly) from the deranged girl.

He grabbed Kagome and dragged her behind the kitchen island; he was more concerned about his favorite pot (that had huge dents in it from all the times it had been dropped on the floor during Miroku and Sango's little lover's spats) than about what was happening around him.

"What are we -" Kagome began, but Inuyasha finished for her.

"-Doing? Waiting for the bomb to drop of course!" he replied, as if it was the most obvious thing in the whole universe.

"Uh . . . okay." Kagome said, feeling lost because she didn't know what the "bomb" was (all the while praying that these people weren't terrorists.)

And then the bomb dropped . . . right on poor Miroku.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING?! LEAVING ME LIKE THAT IN MY APARTMENT AND COMING OVER HERE TO BOTHER OUT POOR NEIGHTBOR WHO HAS TO PUT UP WITH US YELLING ALL THE TIME! IF YOU WEREN'T SUCH AN ASSHOLE THEN WE WOULD BE LIVING HAPPILY WOULDN'T WE?!" Sango bellowed; more pieces of ceiling came crashing down.

"Buttercup . . ." Miroku said, not daring to answer her because he was afraid they were some of Sango's trick questions. He was about to speak to apologize when she started up again.

"DON'T YOU 'BUTTERCUP' ME MISTER! NOW SHUT UP AND LET ME FINISH!" Sango shouted.

"You know," Inuyasha began, peeking over the counter to observe their battle, "I kinda feel bad for him."

A moment passed.

"Oh wait, bad feeling's gone," Inuyasha said with a grin; Kagome sweat dropped.

And Sango continued to rattle on for what seemed like hours; Spike took refuge behind the counter with Kagome and Inuyasha (he was surprised the windows hadn't shattered yet.) And then, all was silent.

"Oh no!" Kagome whispered, "She killed him."

Both stood up to see what the damage was. Kagome was looking for a body while Inuyasha was looking to see if they put anymore holes in his walls. Instead, they found Miroku and Sango making out . . . in a way that television would censor it. Even the dog looked ashamed.

"BREAK IT UP!" Inuyasha cried, waving his arms around for emphasis. "THIS IS NOT A MAKE-OUT PLACE!"

Miroku broke the kiss and looked up at his friend.

"When you're in love . . . EVERYWHERE is a make-out place," Miroku replied.

"You're obsessed," Inuyasha pointed out, and then Miroku and Sango started to go at it again.

"I take it back . . . you're POSSESSED!" he said.

Miroku and Sango got up from the ground, where they had been . . . ya know, and Miroku wrapped his arm around Sango's waist with the look on his face that said, "If you come anywhere near MY woman, I will . . . have her beat you up!"

"Hi. I'm Sango. I live next door," Sango introduced herself politely to Kagome, a little embarrassed after that little episode.

"I'm Kagome Higurashi. Nice to meet you," Kagome replied sweetly.

"Inuyasha! You picked yourself a nice one! It's about time you got off your lazy ass and interacted with real people besides us nuts next door!" Sango said, making Inuyasha and Kagome turn several shades of red (Awww. They so cute when they blush.)

"'Picked myself a nice one?' What is she? A tomato? And just so you know-" Inuyasha began, but was totally ignored (and he's used to this by now) by both women.

"Sorry about that little . . . er . . . moment. It happens I guess -" Sango said and Inuyasha rudely interrupted (he HATED to be ignored), in hopes of wanting to get her back for that little comment she made earlier.

"I told you two to go to marriage counseling, but would you listen to me? Noooooo. Honestly you act like children in the ball pit at McDonalds," Inuyasha ranted, crossing his arms as he did so.

"Pretty ironic coming from you!" Miroku said (he had caught Inuyasha at the ball pit having the time of his life just a couple weeks back), before he was tackled to the ground by Inuyasha.

Over all the yelling, which consisted of: "You slime!" and "I'm gonna kill you!" along with "I told you not to tell any one about that!" and "Marriage counseling? What are you? Dr. Phil?!" Kagome said to Sango, "I love your halter top."

"Thanks," she said, and then the boys stopped being the football stars they would never be (for a moment anyways) to stare at the two girls.

"You KNOW what that thing's called?" Inuyasha wondered aloud.

"Yeah! It has a name?" Miroku asked, just as confused as Inuyasha.

"Yes. What did you think it was called?" Kagome replied, wondering if these men WERE really all that stupid.

"I thought it was called 'the thin piece of cloth that clings tight to the body, showing the lovely chest on my wife-to-be'," Miroku said (wow, imagine that.)

"That did NOT sound right," Inuyasha commented.

"Did you think of that all by yourself?" Sango asked.

"Yep," Miroku replied, proud of himself.

"HENTAI!" She screamed, whipping out the latest copy of Vogue (from some unknown place) to smack Miroku across the face with it.

After that, Miroku had stars in his eyes and Inuyasha continued to sit on him, hoping that maybe he would die if no oxygen went to his brain. Then he realized that Miroku had no brain and gave up on that whole theory. Then, all of a sudden, the door to the apartment was thrown open (again) so roughly that it bounced off the wall and nearly smacked the person right back in the face.

"I might as well take the door OFF the hinges," Inuyasha muttered, more to himself and his imaginary friend than to anyone else in the room.

"INUYASHA!" A voice barked.

"Well if ain't my old buddy," Inuyasha drawled, words dripping with sarcasm. "I paid my rent already this month, Kouga, so don't get your hopes up to evict me."

The guy named Kouga didn't look impressed with Inuyasha's little comment.

"I know that you did STUPID! I was just here to see what all the commotion was about. Sounded like the whole goddamn building was gonna fall down," Kouga replied, and then he noticed that Inuyasha was STILL sitting on Miroku.

"Now that's wrong," Kouga pointed out, "he's already got a significant other!"

Inuyasha looked at Miroku and then jumped off of him (because Inuyasha would not be classified as "gay." It would make a lot of fan girls happy, but not some of the pretty ladies who wanted him if you catch my drift.) And poor Miroku was still unconscious, so he had no clue as to what was happening.

"Now that I see everything is in order here . . ." Kouga said (acting like he was the king or something), "I can leave this nuthouse."

And he turned to go, but stopped when he saw Kagome. He got one of those looks that Miroku gets when he sees a woman with big . . . ya knows . . .

"And who, may I ask, is this beautiful young lady?" Kouga asked, all suave debonair and stuff.

"I'm Kagome Higurashi. It's nice to meet you, Kouga," Kagome replied, polite as ever.

"Likewise . . . Kagome . . . such a lovely name . . ." he breathed deeply, like he was sniffing a Sharpie marker.

Kagome must have blushed again for like, the hundredth time that morning.

"Hey Kouga," Inuyasha said, uttering his name like a curse (because it kinda WAS in his house.) "I wanna show you my new t-shirt."

Inuyasha removed his bathrobe to reveal his badly bandaged right arm and a tan t-shirt. The shirt said, in big ol' bold letters: I HATE MY LANDLORD. Kouga scowled at him disapprovingly before turning to leave.

"Oh, wait! There's more!" Inuyasha announced, and he turned around.

Now all the letters came together as: I HATE MY LANDLORD and on the back KOUGA. Everyone in the room sweat dropped (even the dog.)

"I had it personalized!" Inuyasha said (as if no one could guess by themselves), and Kouga left.

"YAY! HE'S GONE! AND I NEVER PAID MY RENT!" Inuyasha yelled, and started to jump around all happy and hyper.

Then the door was thrown open again (it hit the wall with more force than the last time and closed itself.) Therefore, it was re-opened.

"I HEARD THAT!" Kouga shouted and then slammed the door, making more pieces of ceiling fall onto everyone's head.

"Dammit. I almost got away with it . . ." Inuyasha muttered to himself, clearly off his happy high.

Miroku had regained consciousness sometime during the little soap opera drama show that had been playing and had a good laugh at him before being whacked over the head by Sango. Then they all went and sat on the couch, really silent for some reason. All of a sudden the door was kicked in, scaring the living shit out of everyone inside. A large yellow puddle appeared on the floor beneath Spike.

A person in a helmet and a heavy red jacket came busting in with a very long garden hose draped over him.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?!" the firefighter yelled.

"There is no fire," Inuyasha told him, calmly.

"YOU'RE HIDING IT FROM ME! AREN'T YOU?!" He shouted.

"No. Really, I'm not," Inuyasha said.

"Oh. Okay then. Wrong building," he replied and walked away, OVER the broken door that lay in splinters on the floor.

They all just stared at it. Inuyasha looked mournful while the others had the air around them that said, "It was just a matter of time."

"SORRY ABOUT YOUR DOOR MISTER!" the firefighter called from somewhere down the hallway.

Inuyasha aimed his middle finger at the now door-less doorframe.

"It looks like I need another door," Inuyasha said, looking at the remains like it was a dead person in a casket.

"Yeah," Sango agreed.

"I thought that one would have lasted longer," Miroku commented. "It seemed pretty strong."

"You sound like you get a new door every week," Kagome said and all three people looked at her.

"I do . . . if it makes it until then." Inuyasha said and Kagome sweat dropped.

"Who are these people?!" Kagome thought.

0_0 Can you say random?

Please review . . . it helps the randomness.

August 8, 2004: This is the revised version of the fic: Crazy 4 U written on January 5, 2003.

I hope that you enjoyed the newer version of this story. More detail has been added, along with better punctuation and grammar. And, maybe more of a plot? I doubt it, but maybe. I will keep as much of this story as I can in tact! Thanks for reading!