InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Crossed Wires ❯ Frankly Scarlet I don't have a ham! ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: RT is the genius

Crossed Wires

Chapter Ten - Frankly Scarlet I don't have a ham!


The wolves were the first to arrive. With a whirlwind of dust followed swiftly by a winded Isamu, they burst through the leaning boards of what remained of the slayer village gates and entered not with a bluster, not with a flash of machismo. No, these intrepid wolf demons exploded onto the scene - with a whispered "eep" and a wobbly halt - cognizant they might possibly need to tiptoe around an invisible minefield littered with unbroken egg shells.

All around them the pale pink and yellows of sunrise thrust through the cracks of the wooden walls imprisoning the training yard in narrow bands of light.

Isamu felt an elbow jab his side, "where are they?" He arched his brow at his alpha and sniffed, then nodded in the direction of the obviously only habitable hut. Kouga just shrugged and took a step toward the wisteria draped doorway.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" softly growled a flash of red, and silver as Inuyasha dropped between the wolf prince and the hut.

Kouga smirked keeping his voice a hushed whisper, "to get my mate."

"Oh, bring Ayami with you…?" The monk stepped up beside his hanyou co-patriot.

The wolf prince's warning rumbled low in his throat.

Unfazed the monk studied the tip of his staff as it burnished with a ray of fresh sunlight, "…cause I know you're not talking about either of the women in that hut!"

Isamu reached out to push the monk only to have his hand caught in the punishing grip of the half-demon with a , "… nun-un-un-un," as he shook the forefinger of his free hand in the wolf demon's face.

Isamu jerked his hand back and howled in anger.

"Fucking Idiot!" BAM!

"Shit for Brains!" THWACK!

"Damn stinking Wolf!" WHAP!

Isamu didn't know which to grab first, the knot on the back of his head, the pain exploding in his stomach or the throb of his split lip as a sweet voice grumbled, "…morning boys."

"Morn'ng Kagome"

"Lady Kagome"

"How's my girl?"

"Oi, Kagome, Naraku is not 'hot as hell'!" barked the half-demon studying the beautiful woman as he crossed his arms angrily over his chest.

Kagome busy stretching - hands thrust up toward the sky, standing on tiptoe while the gathered men's hungry gaze moved over her taunt stomach - stumbled forward slightly, "sure he is."

Inuyasha growled a warning at the cluster of men and two taking heed quickly turned away, while Inuyasha's eyes and cracking knuckles dared the smirking wolf prince to take another look.

An emerging slayer yawned doing her own version of a stretch under the watchful gaze of the monk and wolf demon, "…doesn't mean we want to pull him beneath the blankets and swap fluids."

"Wha…?" all four men stuttered, jaws dropping.

"You know, sex…" Kagome pulled her hair off her neck, closed her eyes, and turned her face to the rapidly rising sun with a soft sensuous, "..that immensely pleasurable thing that men and women do together that involves putting the man's ….."

"OI!" a heatedly blushing hanyou shouted placing a clawed palm gently over the miko's lips as Kouga growled a soft warning beside her.

"Penis, into the woman's ….." Isamu's hand found the slayer's lips as the monk's eyes twinkled daringly.

"Sango I wasn't aware you were so versed in the pleasures between men and women…" he cooed, his hand possessively brushing her hip and backside. Sango didn't have time to react because Isamu was there first. A heavily clawed fist found the monk's jaw.

Kagome licked Inuyasha's palm and grinned at the loopy expression on his face. Hearing a heavy thud, Sango blinked at the fallen monk then backed away from the wolf demon and drew near to the miko's side.

"We've been talking …" Sango's serene expression worried the monk who was shaking away the pretty birdies circling his head. Clearing his vision from the annoying pests he communicated his worry with a flicked gaze to Inuyasha.

Given the heads up, Inuyasha's own gaze narrowed as he studied the now smiling Kagome leaning against the wall of the hut gazing at the gathered men with a definite twinkle in her eyes, "ever heard of a male harem boys?"

The monk's eyes widened impossibly as he sputtered and choked on the words that would not exit his throat. The wolves joined the hanyou in narrowed stares at the façade of lazy, innocent women luminous in the morning sunlight.

"Okay I'll bite, what is a harem?" it was Isamu that braved the uneasy question filling the other men's minds.

The monk jerked upright and pointed his staff at Sango, "not only no, but fucking Hell. No!"

The remaining men blinked at the monk's colorful outburst as the women's faces remained smooth masks of innocence. Inuyasha studied the monk's dark expression "Miroku want to fucking share?"

"A harem" the monk began his eyes locked with the slayers, "is normally where great leaders keep their wives."

"Wives" Kouga's brow arched, "as in plural?"

The monk nodded, "what they're proposing is that they" he pointed with the harshly jingling head of his staff to the women lazily watching the interchange, "fashion a male one for their own use."

Inuyasha's brows disappeared in his hairline, "WHAT?"

Kagome bit her lip to keep her grin from becoming full blown, and erupting into laughter, "sure. What's wrong, Inuyasha? I've been sharing you, why can't you share?"

Inuyasha groaned inwardly, 'oh hell'.

Kouga growled ominously, "you forget wolves mate for life!" Isamu nodded vigorously and glared at Sango he wasn't sharing his woman either!

"Yea, so what's the problem?" the slayer dimpled sweetly.

The miko tongue brushed along her lips, "we don't mind mating with you for life, we just want to be able to do the same with Miroku and Inuyasha as well."

A cacophony of testosterone laced snarls filled the morning air while Kagome and Sango shared a glance then began to play with the wisteria dangling from the rooftop until the noise, growls, curses, and snarls died down.

"Look", Kagome started interrupting the half-demon as he began a tirade, "you want us, and we've decided we want you, all of you." she grinned. "Why can't we have you?"

"Because that's not the fucking way it's done!" the hanyou growled eyes flashing.

"Who said?" Sango's expression was carefully blank, "I mean look at Miroku, he wants to possess all the pretty women he sees. We don't want every hot male, ummm.." she turned and looked at her female companion. Kagome shrugged and grinned.

Kouga fought down the panic beginning to riot in his chest and snarled at the monk, "harems have no place in wolf packs."

"Don't you see it does Kouga," Kagome's voice was heavy with invitation, "because you can have me and Ayami too. Politics, power, and pleasure, " the miko's voice dropped to a sensuous purr on the last two words. Kouga, eyes locked on Kagome's lips, began to pant.

"No, Fuck no!" Inuyasha growled grasping the hilt of his sword to keep his snarling, boiling youkai at bay as he roughly shouldered the wolf prince.

"What about love?" the monk shouted above the face-off between the wolf prince and half-demon. Inuyasha and Kouga stopped mid-swipe and turned to the women.

"Ah, love," the miko's dimples flashed as she leaned back against the wall and let her gaze fall on each man, "not one of you has mentioned love recently." the miko feigned confused thoughtfulness, "have they Sango?"

Inuyasha and Kouga straightened as all four men blinked in shock.

Sango sighed then smiled sweetly, "nope, not to my knowledge not a single one."

"What the hell do you think this is all about?" Inuyasha angrily snarled, and pushed his face close to Kagome's.

Unaffected she quipped, "establishing ownership, jealousy, dog in a manager syndrome, testosterone wars, who knows," then kissed the tip of the hanyou's nose.

The flush of red began at the neckline of his haori and rose upward to disappear within the grandeur of his magnificent mane of silver as he blinked in surprise and not a little pleasure, "Kagome…". His stance softened and he reached for the girl.

"Not in my lifetime, Mutt!"

Inuyasha found himself thrust back, facing the broad hard chest of the wolf prince. Inuyasha studied the blustering wolf, his youkai howling to be released to carve the flesh away from the wolf's bones. He understood the wolf's possessiveness, but not with his woman.

A fang flashed in the morning light as Inuyasha glowered at the wolf and cracked his knuckles. Kagome was his.

He looked beyond the wolf's shoulder to the smiling miko and caught a flash of something within her eyes. His ears twitched as he tried to pinpoint what it was he saw and then the unexpected happened. For once in his unhappy life the hanyou's synapses began to fire and a bright blinding light grew within his cobweb infested brain, "okay."

"Okay…?" a startled monk whipped away from his own face-off with Isamu to stomp to the hanyou's side, "did you just say okay?"

Trying hard to keep his synapses firing, Inuyasha turned to the monk with a solemn expression, "If it's what the girls want, Miroku." The monk's mouth dropped open as did the wolves'.

Inuyasha turned back to the raven haired beauty his gaze catching and holding hers.

*********************************

Writers Note: You know what? I have absolutely NO idea where this story is going, but man I'm having a blast! I reckon there's about five more chapters give or take, before the end. Who's gonna win? Heck if I know!

The male harem idea was Sango's after a meeting involving many, many, many Kamikazes! I rather like it. Imagine a harem littered with Kougas, Inuyashas, and what the heck we'll add Sesshoumaru or three.

He-he I hear you moaning…

xx