InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Crossed Wires ❯ Negotiations of the Sesshoumaru kind ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Oh shoot! You all know RT owns.

Crossed Wires

Chapter 15 - Negotiations of the Sesshoumaru kind


Kagome's hand was clasped in Sango's tightly as they watched the Western Lord speak with each group quietly. Finally he waved Inuyasha and Miroku over to him and waited as they settled before him.

Inuyasha studied his brother suspiciously, "Oi, what are you doing?"

Sesshoumaru arched his brow, "negotiating some peace at the borders of my domain. The miko and slayer are prime bounty for just such a powerful pact."

The hanyou's ears disappeared almost into his hair as the monk interrupted, "you can't have Sango." at the hanyou's growl the monk quickly added, "or the Lady Kagome."

Sesshoumaru appeared to be studying the monk, "is that so? Amuse me, what is it that you can offer for such a prize?" Sesshoumaru pointed to the wolf prince and his companion "Kouga and his pack mate have offered to patrol my borders providing early warning of any breeches as well as assistance in battling my enemies."

Seeing the frozen expressions on the hanyou and monk's faces Sesshoumaru indicated Ayami and the southern wolf delegation, "they have offered the same should I give the wolf prince and his pack member to them"

"and now you..?" he offered at the two in front of him.

Inuyasha turned his gaze finding and locking on the miko who was whispering quietly with the slayer. Sensing his study of her, she looked up and met his stare a tender smile moving across her lips. He turned back to his half brother, "you know we have nothing…."

"…except Tessaiga" Miroku's gaze jerked to his hanyou friend as his hand grasped the hilt of his sword.

"Inuyasha..?" he whispered.

The hanyou ignored the whisper and looked at his brother, "both women for the sword."

The Western Lord studied his sibling, "interesting….."

Sesshoumaru watched the byplay between his half brother, monk, miko and slayer. Eyes narrowed he stood interrupting whatever the hanyou had been about to say.

Waving a growling half demon and his companion monk away, Sesshoumaru garnered his guests attention, "You will have your decision by the time the sun sets tomorrow."

Nodding shortly to the room's crowd the Western Lord escorted the miko and slayer away.

Delivered to their room, Kagome gathered her courage and addressed the demon, "Sesshoumaru, you have no rights to negotiate marriage for Sango or I" the miko brushed her tongue over her bottom lip at his cool emotionless expression.

Sango grabbed the miko's hand and moved closer to her.

"This Sesshoumaru, you will find has a great deal of right were the safety of my lands and people are concerned." he studied the militant expression on the girl's faces. "If I gifted you to the wolf prince, all present in that room would abide by my decision."

"Not Inuyasha or Miroku" Sango retorted.

Annoyance appeared then vanished from the demon lord's face, "Perhaps, but then they could be silenced."

Both girls gasped in horror as Sesshoumaru allowed the tiniest of smiles, " Should you run, or fight my "right" then I will have no alternative but carry out that threat as well."

"So you see…" Sesshoumaru smiled with open amusement "… you really have no choice but to abide by my decision, unless you do not care for the hanyou and monk's safety."

Satisfied at the fear bleeding across the face of both women he turned and silently glided away. Fighting tears the miko turned tugging on the Sango's hand and pulled her into her room. "What are we going to do?" whispered the slayer.

Kagome's expression hardened, "I don't know about you, but that trumped up royal pain in the ass is not going to make me do something I do not want to do!"

Inuyasha and the monk paced within the room allotted for their use, "do you think he will give the girls to Kouga?"

The half demon's head jerked upright, his gaze locking on the monk's. "I don't know, who knows what is in the mind of that idiot!"

Miroku stretched and relaxed his fingers, working the cramps out of his arms and back from the long run. He needed to see Sango, "Inuyasha…" the hanyou was already heading for the door.

The half demon stopped and looked over his shoulder at the monk, "coming?"

Miroku placed a hand on his shoulder to stop him. "Why did you offer Tessaiga..?"

Not meeting the monks gaze the half demon quietly spoke, "it's the only thing we have that my idiot brother wants." Inuyasha sighed and grabbed the panel sliding it quietly as he whispered, "what else would you have us do?" Turning toward the monk with a smirk the hanyou stepped into the shadows as the soft sound of a whisper met the monk's own furtive moments, "Besides he hasn't got it yet…"

Slipping out of the room the two moved stealthily down the hallway, "where do you think he has them" the monk whispered. Stopping long enough to sniff the hanyou took off down the hallway to his left. They traveled quietly for a few moments before the half demon indicated a room with the nod of his head.

Standing on either side of the panel the two pushed it open and slipped inside. Silently they surveyed the room, a huge washtub over a banked fire steamed softly as clothing draped from taut lines dripped quietly throughout the room. Violet eyes clashed with honey ones, they'd found the laundry.

***************************

Writer's note: Bear with me folks I'm not sure what a typical laundry house would look like in Feudal Japan, but iffn you'll grant me some literary license. I'm trying to fix Sango and Kagome's mess.

xx