InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Crossed Wires ❯ Peach Blossoms and Surprises ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: RT is still the genius I'm the idiot buried among a mountain of plot knots.

Man, that's the last time I let Kagome & Sango have Kamikazies...

Crossed Wires

Chapter 14 - Peach Blossoms and Surprises


Out of breath the monk leaned against a nearby tree and bending from the waist tried to fill his lungs with air. Up ahead the half demon sniffed the air currents searching for the miko's scent. It has been three days since his idiot brother had strolled into the slayer village grasped Kagome and Sango's arms and airlifted them away to the west. The hanyou was worried, too much could have happened in three days.

He turned to Miroku who nodded his readiness to run again. There was no way they could get there faster unless he carried the monk. Without giving it a second thought he threw the monk on his back and admonished him to hold on!

Feeling the monk's grip the hanyou took off lightening fast. "don't do anything stupid Kagome, just hold on till I get there."

Kagome bit the inside of her jaw as a soft bristled brush was trailed through her ebony locks. She looked at herself in the mirror and wondered just want was going on in the Western Lord's mind. Since she and Sango had arrived they had been cosseted by Sesshoumaru's staff. Opulent fabrics had been displayed for their clothing, servants available to pander to their every need, delicious foods offered to tempt their palates, but through it all, no Sesshoumaru.

He had said little or nothing in their travels to his estate. Upon their arrival he had palmed them off to Jaken who had deposited them in their rooms. Shortly thereafter their clothes were taken and they were bathed and dressed in more traditional clothing. A feast had been served then both girls had found themselves alone.

"What the heck is going on?" Kagome whispered as she pulled Sango close.

The slayer face shone with disbelief, "you don't think he really means to mate us, do you?"

The miko frowned and leaned even closer to her companion, "he better not, not if he knows what's good for him!"

Sango smiled for the first time in the last three days, glad to see the fire back in her friend's eyes. "Don't you wonder what Jaken does around here?"

Kagome grinned, "whatever his master wants?" She winked.

Sango blushed then burst out laughing, "Oh that was bad… "

"You've been corrupted, Sango," the miko teased.

"Look who's talking" the slayer rebutted.

"I'll have you know I'm as innocent as the driven snow" Kagome snorted.

The slayer's brow arched, "you mean the muddy brown slush?"

The miko feigned outrage, "Sango!" and watched the slayers face crumple into laughter.

"You're just as much a hentai as Miroku is.." the slayer began to laugh.

Soon the miko's mirth filled laughter joined the slayers.

 

Kagome watched the downward pull of the brush on her hair; it had been the first night in a long time that she could remember sharing laughter with her best friend. The first night when she didn't feel angry, or neglected or just plain weary. She watched idly as the kitsune maid rolled her hair into a loose bun, allowing tendrils of black silk to escape to frame her face. Tucking a brightly polished wooden comb into the hair the kitsune stood back and nodded before moving to the bed and the clothing laid out there.

Pale pink splashed upon a background of ivory silk on which designs of swirled gold thread were embroidered was lifted to her. The furisode lined with brilliant green draped her figure as the kitsune servant wrapped the accompanying bright green obi, knotting it behind her. Urging her charge back to the mirror she placed tiny almond blossoms within Kagome's hair, and smiled. "Mistress is lovely." Kagome turned toward the mirror her eyes widening at the woman revealed there.

"Kagome!" the miko turned and gasped at the slayer, her furisode was white with a brush of dark purple bands, each decorated with pale pink, green and gray flowers. Her obi was of the darkest purple. Her hair was piled atop her head in a messy bun decorated with tiny delicate purple blossoms.

"You're beautiful" they chorused together then giggled.

The girls laughter charmed a smile from the kitsune maid as she waved them from the room toward the room were they last dined. Heads together whispering and giggling it was a few moments before they realized they weren't alone. Surprised the giggles died as the girls straightened smoothing down their furisodes. Heads bowed they faced the occupants of the room.

Kouga's heart raced in his chest his miko was so beautiful. He moved to take her hands in his as a stunned Isamu's soft "Sango" drifted within the room. The sound of a throat clearing stopped Kouga's advance. Sesshomaru moved to the ladies and greeted the women.

"Kagome. Sango."

They stood with bowed heads and hands clasped before them, "Lord Sesshoumaru".

The regal demon nodded to each before a servant entered and drawing his attention whispered to the Western Lord. At his sharp nod the servant rushed out and returned with a group of visitors.

Kouga swallowed while Isamu fidgeted. Before them stood Ayami, Ren her mate, and the delegation from the southern wolf tribe surrounding a beautiful wolf princess.

Behind them a bedraggled monk and hanyou pushed through the throng of people, eyes searching the room until they saw their ladies. Miroku gasped as Inuyasha grabbed the hilt of his sword, his heart racing.

Sesshoumaru greeted the wolf delegation from the south, their conversation soft and formal while the hanyou and monk moved around the room to be close to the two beautiful women.

Miroku leaned in close to the slayer and whispered something that had her blushing his eyes fixed upon her face, oblivious to the pretty servant girls moving through the room to see to the Western Lord's guest.

Kagome smiling at the monk's obvious interest, missed the hanyou's placement of himself by her side. "Kagome?" she started and turned toward the half demon. His eyes softened, "you're beautiful." She blushed, a sweet smile teasing her full lips.

Throat clearing with a movement to the head of the room; the Western Lord caught the attention of the gathered guests. With a quick flash of amusement at the half demon Sesshoumaru's face froze into a cool mask as he turned and addressed his guests.

The epitome of regal command, Sesshoumaru stood before the collected gathering and arched his brow "Now, down to marriage negotiations"

*********************************

Writer's note: he-he-heh

xx