InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Crossed Wires ❯ Epilogue - It's all about Red Herrings ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Thank you once again RT for letting the kids come over and play.

“Seems like I’ve been here before, can’t remember when. I get this funny feeling, we’ll be together again; No straight lines to make up my life, all my roads have bends; No clear cut beginnings; so far, no dead ends.” - Tom Chapin

Crossed Wires
Epilogue - It’s all about Red Herrings

Having her with him, and not shackled to that piece of wolf shit, Inuyasha gathered his pack and moved quickly back to Sesshoumaru’s estate. Banging on the door he woke the household demanding to see the Western Lord.

Blinking from sleep Sesshoumaru stood within the hallway and coolly surveyed his uninvited guests.

“Oi” the hanyou caught the Western Lord’s gaze, “I love her, I will protect, keep, and provide for her. She is and will ever be the only woman for me.”

He pulled a bemused miko beside him and waved toward his brother, “I love him,” she began with a smile “I will care for him, keep and be true to him and only him until the end of time.”

The Western Lord, waved his hand yawning, “it done” and walked away returning to his waiting bed.

Grinning the half demon pulled his mate to him and sighed with happiness as the pack surrounded them and loudly congratulated the couple.

At the juncture of the hall, a tiny Rin slipped away following her Lord Sesshoumaru until they were alone.

“Why did you do it that way?”

The great dog demon stopped and turned looking at the tiny girl his brow arched in question.

Rin began rocking from heel to toe trying to keep her expression serious, “I saw you grab the she wolf and hit the wolf prince then lock them together.”

Shocked Sesshoumaru’s gaze sharpened as he waited for Rin to continue. “I heard you tell Isamu he couldn’t have the slayer, but not say anything to the wolf princess”

Her solemn expression began to slip, “I heard you tell Jaken that you didn’t need the wolf pack to patrol your borders..”

Grin now firmly in place the human child met the great dog demon’s eyes, “So why?”

“Rin,” the great dog demon kneeled before the child, “sometimes even this great dog demon does things purely because they need to be done.”

“You were worried about your brother?” The child watched him expectantly.

The dog demon nodded and leaned close whispering to the child “But keep it to yourself, hn? I wouldn’t want my reputation to suffer.”

Laughing, the little girl threw her arms around Sesshoumaru’s neck and kissed his cheek, “I love you, my Lord Sesshoumaru”

Within the reaches of his cold heart another piece of ice crumbled melting as the area warmed. Standing he carefully schooled his features and pushed the little girl along gently, “bed now Rin”

Nodding she skipped to her room, singing softly to herself as her Western Lord, expression tender, watched her till she disappeared.

****************************

Writer’s Note: It has taken three years and a summer to complete this story. I hope it was the conclusion you hoped for… Inky.

xx