InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Cursed To Be Alone ❯ Making A Few Friends ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

JCJaganish: ^. ^ Please review.

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or any member or the Inu gang and their enemies. Just my own people, like my made up. ^. ^;

"..."Talking, '....' Thinking

~*~Cursed To Be Alone~*~

Chapter One

~*~Making A Friend~*~

"I just finished talking to her myself. She is really pretty, and smart; but I heard that she knows little, close to nothing about her past." A village man spoke to a village woman as they passed through the village. The man had gone up to the high waterfall, which lay nearest the village to speak to the water goddess. He could not believe that she had been so full of wisdom for her age.

The small village lay near a great waterfall, and the villagers spoke of a young water goddess. They said that you could be able to speak with her no matter what your problem would be. Also, it was heard of that the young woman would always know of exactly what to say to help you out. The rumors of her mother, the one who found her, were also spread around the village. Many men loved the water goddess and wished to marry her, but all they ever received for an answer was no. The men were always disappointed, but the woman never gave a reason as to why she had turned them down.

A silhouette of a woman was shaded into the ground. A young woman, around the mature age of sixteen, stood upon a small rock. Long dusty brown hair with few blond highlights blew in the wind. Ice blue eyes grazed upon the small village beneath the huge waterfall. A small scar, the size of a star pierced on her upper arm. Where the demon had used witch craft on her oh so many years ago. The white blouse, which looked like that of a mikos, lay around her upper body. Navy blue boots went up to her calf as the little heels stuck to the ground, where the newly fresh mud lay. Her light blue hamaka pants that went to her ankles swayed in the small gust of wind. A small hand lay delicately on her right chest; the hand was curled up into a gentle ball. Then, with a turn of the right heel, she was soon walking off, deep into the forest.

The forest held many different animals, with large trees that could almost touch the sky. But within the middle of the forest lay a small pond and near that small pond, sat a house. An older woman, around the ago of early forties or late thirties came out of the house. Black hair cascaded around her shoulders. Ivy eyes glanced back, as the older woman's sharp ears heard footsteps approaching the hut. She soon after, stood up and turned around to look at the young woman she had found.

"Sayuri," She said smiling, she then walked over to the girl. Her arms embraced the young girl, also known as Sayuri.

Sayuri as she was now called wrapped her arms back around her 'mother'. Villagers had told her that her mother found her near small lilies by that pond, so that's been why her name was Sayuri. Ice eyes looked down to the elder woman.

"Mother, I was hoping to speak about where you found me."

She said, her voice gentle for she did not know if the older woman would want to speak about this or not. Her mother never really liked to talk about the subject, and Sayuri knew that...but Sayuri wanted to find out why she did not want to speak about it.

Her mother, Shiva, looked upon Sayuri's face and nodded slightly.

"It is time that you knew about where I found you and what also came with you."

She said, then let her daughter go from her embrace and turned on her heel. She walked into the hut and then stayed in there for a while, before coming out with three items. She sat down and placed the items in front of herself, and in front of Sayuri.

Sayuri looked at the items that her mother had brought out of the hut. 'I've never seen those items before when I used to play around the hut.' She thought to herself. In front of her lay, a wrinkled piece of paper, a small locket that was shaped like a heart, and a straight piece of paper which held messy hand writing on it.

"Mother, what are these?"

Sayuri asked, kneeling down, as she looked upon the three items, which her mother had hidden from her. Her ice blue eyes scanned over them then flashed with interest. A small wind picked up, playing with her brown and blonde hair. As well as her mothers long black hair.

Shiva looked up at her daughter and a small sigh escaped her slightly parted lips.

"Well, Sayuri when I found you, you were a baby and then I also found these in your basket. Your basket is still in my room, but this might reveal a bit of the past you had, before you got here."

Shiva said then went over to the wrinkly piece of paper. She held it up to her daughter and nodded.

"Its ok just goes ahead and read it Sayuri."

She said.

Sayuri nodded her hand the clutched the piece of paper and her eyes scanned over it as she read it. The wrinkled piece of paper read:

'Miko, You are probably older now since you can read this, but I just wanted to remind you of one little thing. Every one is out to get you, expect those who are close to you. You must stay on you toes when near the mikos. They are the ones who are out to get you the most.'

Sayuri's eyes flashed slightly with a lace of remembrance.

"This...this saying sounds so familiar mother."

Sayuri said softly, her eyes then scanned over the locket.

Shiva looked up at her daughter and nodded.

"I knew it might sound familiar to you Sayuri. Now the locket is the next item to catch your interest? Well, here you go."

She said, picking up the small locket then handing it over to her daughter. Her ivy eyes glancing up to see her daughters face.

"Try to open it. When you were young I tried to, but it would not open for me...maybe. It will open for you."

Shiva said, her voice full with seriousness.

Sayuri nodded gently, her hand then picked up the small locket from her mother's hand. She looked at it, then brought her other hand to it. She squeezed the small locket, trying to get it open but to her depair it would not open. She growled softly at it, then looked up to her mother.

"Mother, may I wear it? It may open later on."

Sayuri asked, looking at Shiva with hopefully eyes.

Shiva smiled and nodded.

"Of course," She then got the small locket out of Sayuri's hands and into her own hands. She then put her hands behind her daughter's neck, the necklace around Sayuri's neck. She clipped the ends together and smiled.

"There you go Sayuri."

Shiva said smiling at the girl. She then turned around, and picked up the last item, the straight piece of paper.

"This is the last one Sayuri. Here..."

She said, then handed Sayuri the paper.

Sayuri smiled at the newly found necklace around her neck. She then looked over to her mother and nodded. Her right hand reached out and grabbed the piece of paper from her mother's hand. Her eyes read the paper, her mouth mouthing the words as she read the following.

'It is time, you are sixteen and need to start your search for the right one. The right guy. You need to make friends and stop staying in one place unless you are needed to. Take a sword, which lays near the village as your weapon. Good Luck.'

Sayuri blinked, this WAS messy handwriting. She then handed the paper to her mother.

"Mom, I am going to go on a journey. I know where a weapon is, tell the village people not to worry."

She stood up, gave her mother a hug and started off.

Shiva shook her head slightly; she took the paper and gave her daughter a hug back.

"I knew that this day had to come Sayuri."

She said, then turned on a heel and walked back into the hut, taking the other two items, which she had claimed when she had gotten Sayuri as a baby.

Outside of the small village, the village people bustled around to make sure that the fields were fine. Sayuri walked past them, and then she saw a light shimmer of silver on the ground. She stopped and looked at the glint of silver buried in the ground. She walked over to it and knelt down, using her hands to move some of the dirt away there it lay, the Sword. Just as the note had said. Sayuri's right hand clutched around the hilt of the sword, she stood up and saw a sheath with it. She picked that up and placed it on her waist, she sheathed the sword and blinked.

'I wonder, could that note have known the whole time that it was there?'

She thought, asking herself. She walked to the next village over, Kaede's village. She then walked to kaede's hut, avoiding all the towns' people. She then saw two males, and a young female and Kaede with a young child around Kaede's hut.

Ivy green eyes looked up at the elder woman, red fiery hair in its little ponytail moved slightly as the owner moved.

"Kaede! Inuyasha hit me again!"

Whined a small kitsune boy. His little haori outfit green and brown, swaying in the wind. Shippou as the boy was known as looked up at the elder woman.

Chocolate eyes glanced down at the kitsune.

"Shippou,"

A woman's voice came, her brown hair in her high ponytail.

"Inuyasha always hits you."

She said, shifting the weight of the big boomerang on her back. Sango wore her demon exterminator outfit. She knew Inuyasha would always do this, then a hand placed itself where it's not suppose to be. Her eyebrow twitched slightly.

"HENTAI!"

She screeched, slapping the boy beside her with her hand.

Violet eyes shut as the slap had hit him pretty hard on the face. His black hair, which was pulled into a low ponytail, fell behind his head as his body 'kissed' the ground. His staff landing beside him, the monk. Miroku, his hand with the prayer beads around it lay beside him, a rosy red handprint planted on his right cheek. His hand had gone where it hadn't supposed to go.

"It was worth the pain," he muttered just before losing conciousness.

Inuyasha's golden orbs rolled themselves as he looked at the small kitsune. His silver hair blew in the wind, as his clawed hands stuffed into each other's sleeves. A short snort was heard from the hanyou.

"Shippou quit complaining to Kaede! She can't make me stop it even if she wanted to!"

He said, then fingered the rosary around his neck he remembered something. His mother gave it to him, saying that the right one would be able to control him with a single word if they wanted to.(A/N: In this story, I decided to do something more original with the rosary. I know that Kikyou made it and Kaede put it on him, but I'm going with my own ideas on this one.)

The elder miko shook her head slightly. Her white and gray hair moving as her head shook slightly. Her eyes opened and a dull brown appeared.

"I am sorry Shippou, but Inuyasha is right. I can't do anything about it."

She said. Then looked toward the presence she felt.

"Ah Sayuri, what is it child?"

Sayuri then blinked, noticing that she was now being talked to. Her ice eyes looked up to Kaede.

"Yes Kaede, I need some supplies. I have to start a journey on my own."

She said, then walked beside the old Miko.

Kaede nodded. She then looked toward the group of four.

"Why not journey with them Sayuri? This is Inuyasha." She said pointing to the silver haired hanyou, whom only snorted and turned his head. "Sango," She said pointing to the demon exterminator, who replied with a smile and bow. "The good monk, Miroku," She said, her eyes down on the man that lay on the ground. Sango only scoffed at that and muttered, "More like the hentai monk.." and crossed her arms over her chest. "And Shippou," She said, looking at the small kitsune that was rubbing his head from where Inuyasha had previously hit him."This is Sayuri." Kaede said pointing to Sayuri, who bowed to all of them.

Sayuri smiled lightly.

"It is a pleasure to meet all of you," she said, then stood back up. She saw the violet eyes of a certain monk skimming over her boddy, then blinked as Sango's boomerang (Hiraikotsu) crashed down onto his head. She smiled and walked over to Sango.

"Thank you Sango. He is scaring me." Sango smiled and nodded. "You're welcome Sayuri, anytime." She smiled, then used her right wrist and flicked the large object back over her back and where it normally lay.

Inuyasha snorted slightly. "I don't want another wench with us." He said, glaring at Sayuri.

Sayuri looked at Inuyasha. "Well then I guess I'll be acceptable, for I am not a wench," she said, smirking and walking towards Kaede.

The journey for the group of five now begins. What will happen between a miko, an exterminator, a kitsune, a hanyou, and a monk?

~*~End Chapter Two~*~

Heh. Read and Review! Thanks. Hope you liked this one, it took me three days to write. (I had many interruptions. >>)