InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Cursed To Be Alone ❯ Twinge Of Jealousy ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

JCJaganish: Please read and review.

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or anyone! Except for my made-up and myself. ^_^ Don't sue I only have a penny.

"..." Talking, '...' Thinking, ~*~Dreaming~*~, @~@ Characters Change In Point Of View. {Authors Note: From me^_^} @-@ Flash Back @-@, ~*~Time Change~*~

~*~Cursed To Be Alone~*~

Chapter Four

~*~Twinge of Jealousy? ~*~

"Hello Sister," A mysterious voice came calmly from the forest, which caused every one in the whole Inuyasha group to stop their journey and look back. A young man, the age of probably a matured eighteen-year-old, smiled at the group. He had dark blonde hair that went down to his shoulders, and light violet eyes looked toward Sayuri. "Little sister, Mother had sent me on a search to find you." He said, and walked toward her, then placed a hand on her cheek.

Sayuri stepped back, and knocked his hand off of her cheek. "Excuse me, I am the only child in my family and I'm sure you do not know my mother." She said, how dared someone accuse her of being his or her little sister when she knows nothing of her past. She then looked around at her friends, they all had the, 'Who is he?' look on their faces so she guessed they did not know him either.

The young man shook his head, "forgive me little sister Sayuri, my name is Ichiro. Mother and I were away on a mission when you had disappeared." He then took a small spell paper out and put it on her forehead. "This will remind you of the times you and I had together little sister." He said and then chanted something.

The demon words ran through Sayuri's head, 'Everyone is a enemy, be on your toes around the mikos.' She took a step back and her eyes narrowed. "I'm sorry Ichiro, but I do not have a br--" she was cut off as a few memories came flooding back to her about her childhood with Ichiro.

@-@Flashback@_@

A young boy the age of eight had light brown hair and violet eyes were twirling around with a little girl in his arms. He was laughing; it was easy to see that the boy was Ichiro. "You said it little sister! You said it!" He was so proud of that small girl who was in his arms.

The little girl was laughing as well. "Ichiro! You're going to make me sick!" She said, the reason why her brother was so proud of her was because she had just said his name right. She would always normally say Ichi, or Iroc. The little girl was soon placed down; she had the same hair color and eye color as the little Sayuri.

"Little one, I promise you, since you got my name right, I will find you a name while mother and I go off onto the mission. You must promise to take care of yourself though while we are gone for two years." He said and sat down placing the small girl beside him.

The small girl only looked to be about six years old. "Do you promise Ichiro? You promise to get me a name right?" She asked, looking up at him. The reason she had such good vocabulary and understanding big words is because her mother and the village priest taught her.

Ichiro laughed slightly as his little sister for her determination. He nodded once. "Yes little one I promise." He said and then picked her up in his arms. He stood up and kissed her on the forehead.

"Little one! Ichiro! Come back to the hut!" Their mother's sweet voice rang through out the forest. Their heads turned and they nodded. Little one jumped out of her brother's arms and headed to the hut. "Coming Mother!" Little one laughed slightly and then rushed into the arms of her mother. Then it got dark.

@-@ End Flashback @-@

Sayuri's eyes widened slightly, and then she took off the spell paper on her head. "Br-brother!" She smiled and jumped into his arms. She hugged him tightly. "I have missed you so!" She said joyfully. Tears spelt down her face as she hugged him. "Where have you been?" She asked.

Ichiro held his little sister. "I have been at home waiting for you to return little one." He said softly. He held his sister in his arms and looked around at everyone else. "Oh, sorry for the abruptness. I just came to find my sister." He said.

Inuyasha snorted, turning back to him old self. "Go ahead and take the damned wench. We don't want her anyway." He said, his arms crossed over his chest as he looked away.

Miroku shook his head, "Ignore Inuyasha's rudeness. He just hasn't gotten use to Sayuri-Chan." He said and then smiled. "Will you be joining us to watch over your sister?" He asked.

Ichiro shook his head. "I'm afraid I can not. My mother only wanted me to find her and tell her that mother misses her." He said and then let go of Sayuri and knelt down. "Sayuri, this is from Father, Mother, and myself." He said and then opened up a small box.

In the box was a pure golden necklace. There were small slits of places where something could have been placed. In the middle was a large diamond shaped like a heart.

"What is this for?" Sayuri asked. Her hands slowly, made their way to the necklace. She picked it up in her hands and examined it and then showed her friends.

"It is to help you on your journey. The slots are for the Shikon Shards and the diamond is to help take the evil aura from the shards." Ichiro said then gave his sister a peck on the cheek. "I must go. Good-bye sister," He said.

Sayuri nodded and waved. "Good bye Ichiro!" She waved and then put the necklace on. Sayuri then pulled out the shards that they had gotten from the snake demon and the bat demon. She pushed them into the slots and the entire evil aura on the shards went into the diamond. "Come on. Let's keep going." She said.

Inuyasha snorted, then his nose twitched. He knelt down and sniffed the ground then growled. "I smell a demon near by." He said and then knelt down in front of Sayuri. "Get on, your legs won't be able to hold onto the ground when this demon comes." He said.

Sayuri nodded and placed Shippou on her shoulder. She then climbed onto Inuyasha's back and looked around. Her eyes narrowed as she saw a demon. Then she felt Inuyasha's arms underneath her legs, she nodded once. Telling him that she was ready for what ever was going to happen.

"Kilala!" Sango screamed out, and the fire cat demon transformed into her larger form. She then changed into her demon exterminator outfit and climbed atop the large cat demon. She then helped Miroku up onto Kilala and nodded. Kilala nodded once and flew up into the air and looked around as she saw a large mole demon.

Inuyasha sped off and then the ground started to crack! Inuyasha lost balance, but before he did, he slid Sayuri and Shippou off his back and he flew into a tree. He hit his side and head pretty hard into the tree. "Inuyasha, at last I have found you!" The demon smirked.

Sayuri ran in front of Inuyasha and drew her sword. Her sword was silver around the tips, as Sayuri had found it. It was blue in the middle and pink bubbles were formed around its hilt. Sayuri jumped up and then slashed at the demon. She would take care of Inuyasha once this was done.

The demon growled and then got slashed across the arm. Blood poured freely, the demon then slashed at Sayuri. "Stupid wench! You should have never interfered!" He snarled at her.

Sayuri snorted. "I always get interfered." She said, the demon blinked. She trusts her sword into the demons back. Taking a whole chunk out of the demon. In all of the mass of fur, blood, and organs lay a shard. Sayuri then jumped down and watched the demon fall. She placed her sword down and ran toward Inuyasha. "Inuyasha!" She said.

Shippou ran over to her sword and picked it up then he walked over to the river and began to pick at it until he found the Shikon Shard. He then walked over to Inuyasha and Sayuri to see that Inuyasha had a few streams of blood running down his arm and one going down from his forehead.

Inuyasha looked at Shippou, "Runt go get the basket." He said softly. He was running out of energy and the bad thing? It was coming near the night and this was his human night. That is why his scratches didn't heal quickly enough and that's why he was loosing some blood.

Shippou ran toward the basket and nodded. He picked it up and hurried back over to Sayuri's side. His nose twitched and he looked up. "It's a new moon! Sayuri you've got to hurry and tend Inuyasha's wounds!" He said.

Sayuri nodded and then got out a few bandages. She moved his head up gently and then looked at Shippou. "Turn back into a bowl of water and a cloth Shippou, I need to clean out his wounds!" She said urgently.

Shippou nodded and did as he was told and picked out one of his many transformation leaves and changed into a bowl of water and a cloth. He lay himself beside Sayuri.

Sayuri then began to clean out Inuyasha's scratch on his forehead. She then wrapped the scratch with the bandage cloth a few times. She cleaned out his scratch on his arm and then wrapped it a few times. She then looked back at Shippou and nodded.

Shippou nodded and transformed back into his original self as Sango, Miroku, and Kilala landed beside them. Shippou looked at them, "Come on, let's get ready for the night." He said.

Sango nodded and then got a few herbs and some fishes. She walked over to the fire that Miroku had made; it was blue because of Shippou's foxfire. "I got the food." She said. She began to fix the food together.

Miroku nodded and then got a small bowl. He walked over to the river and knelt down beside the river. He dipped the bowl into the river and got some water into it. He got a cloth and dipped it into the water and walked by Sayuri and Inuyasha. "Here you go." He said, and placed the bowl beside her.

Sayuri looked up at Miroku and nodded. "Thank you Miroku-Chan." She said softly, she had promised not to leave Inuyasha's side until his scratches were healed. She dipped the cloth into the water and dabbed Inuyasha's forehead gently. She brushed some of the now black hair out of his face and sighed. "Inuyasha I promise I won't leave you until your wounds heal." She whispered.

Sango walked over to Sayuri and Inuyasha. "Here is some fish so you don't get hungry. Here's one for Inuyasha." She said and handed another fish to her friend and then walked back to the blue fire.

Shippou jumped over to them and handed Sayuri a blanket and a pillow. "Here, it might be cold out tonight." He said and smiled slightly.

Sayuri smiled and kissed Shippou's forehead lightly. "Thank you Shippou. I want you to stay by Sango tonight, incase any relatives of that demon comes back." She said.

Shippou nodded and walked over toward Sango. He sat down on her lap and soon was covered up by Kilala's tails and Sango's arms. Sango soon closed her eyes and was asleep. The fire demon kept her larger form and yawned once.

Miroku lay in front of a tree; his arms crossed over his chest as his legs were crossed over each other as well.

~*~Later On That Night~*~

A cricket chirping gently in the night, a few splashes of the river water, and the scream of the wind every few minutes is all you could hear in the night. Violet eyes opened and looked over to the only one of his group who was working. Sayuri, he looked down at his arm to see it wrapped and cleaned out. He had a blanket around him and a pillow behind his head. He blinked, no human, Sango, Miroku, or Kaede had been this kind to him. They might have taken the blanket and left him the pillow. "Hey, are you the one who healed me?" He asked softly, as he saw her turn around.

Sayuri turned around, surprised to see Inuyasha awake. She had just been mixing a few herbs and water together; to help his arm wound. She then heard his question and nodded once. "Yes Inuyasha. I was the one who healed you." She said. She saw him motion for her to come near him. She stood up and walked in front of him. She tilted her head slightly. "What is it Inuyasha?" She asked. Only to feel arms around her back and her head was in the curve of Inuyasha's neck, making her blush.

Inuyasha embraced the girl to him. He sighed softly. His black hair flowing behind him in the wind. "Thanks. Plus, I don't think you're a wench. I just you know, don't want to let the others know that I'm soft." He said softly. His words were pure, and he looked down at Sayuri. "I actually enjoy your company more than any one else's. Sango's to busy with Miroku. Miroku is womanizing. Shippou is just plain annoying Kilala plays with him. You're really the only one I can talk to. Pride gets in the way. I don't accept it. I don't accept your presence, but I can't let the others know I'm soft. It's been like this for a while. Hanyou's aren't supposed to show emotion. That is why I'm always mean." He said.

Sayuri looked up at him and smiled slightly. "Thanks Inuyasha." She said and then her eyes closed. She had been watching over Inuyasha all that night and she was tired. She soon yawned and was off into her little dream world. "I won't tell anyone about tonight." She whispered before she fell into a light sleep.

Inuyasha smirked, "Good; you wouldn't be able to live to brag about it." He said and then moved out of the embrace. He walked over to the basket and got the other blanket. He put it over Sayuri and jumped up to a tree branch. He looked up at the sky and closed his eyes. He felt dawn coming; he knew why Sayuri was tired. Plus, now he knew she could be trusted.

~*~Next Morning~*~

Orange, yellow, blue, and a bit of pink highlights roamed through the sky as the morning sun came upon the forest. Animals were waking up and the grass blades shined because of the dew that had layed upon them. Out of the six of the group all of them were awake. The girls were at the hot spring and the boys where putting out the fire and catching a few more fish. The two young demons were watching the men, laughing.

Inuyasha looked over at the small kitsune cub. "Aw shut up! It's not like you could do any better!" He snapped. A fish then bit Inuyasha's foot. He jumped back out of surprise, the fish was rather LARGE and it landed on Shippou. Inuyasha snickered.

Miroku laughed and then helped Shippou get out of underneath the large fish. Miroku then skinned it; Inuyasha de-bonded it, and cut it up. They wrapped up the fish and placed it in the basket. "Come on girls! Inuyasha's getting impatient!" Miroku warned.

Sango laughed as she came back in her kimono. "Oh hold your horses Inuyasha. Sayuri still needs a few minutes to change into her kimono." She said laughing slightly. She turned around. "Sayuri! Hurry up! Inuyasha's getting angry!" She laughed as she warned her friend.

Sayuri laughed slightly and came out in the kimono. It had navy blue up from her hips and to her neck. Bright red and white where the colors from the hips down. She smirked and picked up Shippou. "Come on Shippou we don't want Inuyasha to get mad." She said.

Shippou laughed and handed Sayuri the basket. "Sure." He said and then sat upon her shoulder.

Inuyasha snorted and looked ahead. "Come on let's go you slow pokes." He said and walked ahead of everyone else. Sayuri was behind him, Sango was behind her watching for the monk to have his eyes wandering and the monk was behind Sango. He looked back at Sayuri and drifted off into his own thoughts.

@~@Inuyasha's Point Of View @~@

I looked back at Sayuri, I realized that I really had began to trust her. Since she had helped me last night and not decided to run off to the old hag and ask what was wrong. I smirked mentally. `I hope she keeps last night a secret I don't need the wrong people knowing that I am soft.' I thought. `But you were soft around her.' A voice in the back of my mind said. `So, I can trust her not to tell the others. ` I retorted to make the voice shut up. Looking ahead as we continued the journey I yawned slightly. I caught myself looking back at the monk, seeing his eyes following Sayuri's backside. I let Sayuri go ahead of me and I walked by Miroku. "Look monk. Don't be womanizing the new member. Sayuri may be prey for you but to me she is only another person who can help the gang." I said softly. To see him nod, I walked back ahead of Sayuri and soon I stopped. I dropped down on all fours and began to sniff the ground. I scented something familiar. Sayuri placed her hand on my shoulder. "Inuyasha what is it?" She asked. "Naraku," I growled.

@~@ Normal Point Of View @~@

Sayuri nodded and looked around. She didn't see anything she looked at Shippou. "Shippou do you smell anything?" She asked. She turned around to face him, her face telling him to tell the truth.

"Yeah. Naraku's scent is around. It's twenty miles away though. Inuyasha we should wait a few more days so your arm can move again." Shippou said, looking at Inuyasha.

Sayuri nodded and walked over to the now standing up Inuyasha. "Yes Inuyasha. What Shippou said would do us all a place of relief. Watch your arm as we go into the village to buy a few more herbs, and food. Sango and I need our items taken care of and fighting outfits. Shippou needs a toy to keep him busy and Miroku needs to exercise a few demons. All right?" She asked him.

Inuyasha snorted and looked toward the village. "Sure. Whatever," He said and then walked with the others toward the village. He looked around and walked off, he saw and banded huts near the edge of the village and walked inside the hut, making sure it was sturdy.

Sayuri and Sango laughed as they bought a few shirts, skirts, and pants. They bought some food. Shippou bought some herbs and a toy. Miroku bought some herbs and bandage cloths. He then exercised a few demons and they where all headed toward the edge of the village. Inuyasha appeared before them.

"I found a place where we can stay the night. I scented a few demons near it but that's all that should be around the hut. Miroku can excurse them." He said and then walked off toward the hut. The others nodded and followed after Inuyasha. Once they got in the hut they all placed down what they had bought.

Sayuri then walked into the forest with the big fish that had bit Inuyasha's toe. She had to clean it. She then knelt down and began to clean it. As she walked back to the hut she heard a scream. She turned around and saw a woman being eaten by a large wolf demon. Sayuri jumped up, and then drew her sword and slashed the wolf demon in half. She was soon knocked back into a tree. Being agile, she kicked her feet off of the tree and lunged back at the demon.

"Iron reverse soul stealer!" Inuyasha cried out as he killed the large wolf demon. As they fell down to the ground he caught Sayuri. He sat her down on her feet. "Trying to get your self killed?" He asked, picking up the large fish she had cleaned out for them.

Sayuri shook her head. "No. I had to kill the demon before it ate more humans. That's all." She said and walked back, side by side with Inuyasha. She looked up at him and smiled slightly. She looked ahead. Once they got into the hut they had a medium sized feast and almost everyone was asleep after they ate.

Inuyasha smirked slightly. Sayuri curled up Shippou as she slept. Sango was telling Miroku not to be womanizing. Shippou was asleep and Miroku was soon as Sango was. `What else is going to go on with this group?' Inuyasha thought and shook his head. `It's already gotten me to fully trust one member. I just wonder what lies for us ahead.' He thought.

"In due time Inuyasha you will know." Naraku's sinister voice rang through the forest. "Kanna go now! Make sure you do not dis obey me this time. Kagura follow her!" He ordered. Kanna and Kagura nodded and disappeared into the forest.

~~*~~ End of Chapter Four~~*~~

Oh no! What is Naraku making Kanna and Kagura do to Inuyasha and the gang? Read, review and I will tell you. ^_^

~~**~~ Preview of Next Chapter ~~**~~

I searched frantically for my friends. `Sango! Miroku!' I thought and looked around for the other two. "Where are they?" I muttered.

~~**~~ End Preview ~~**~~

Miko-sama: Who was looking for the others? Which others Why was that person afraid for Sango and Miroku! You'll find out in the next chapter! Read and Review! ^_^