InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness of the Heart ❯ chapter2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
A/N: Hi! It's finally here. I'm really sorry, but I only got decaff this weekend so…
 
Disclaimer: I don't!!!!!!!!!!
 
 
#########Chapter 2##########
 
 
“Get up!” a strong voice said.
 
There was another youkai with her, and from what she can sense he was stronger then the former. She didn't know why he saved her, but she did know that he could kill her with only one blow. Kagome got up, not for one minute lifting her face to face him. She knew that if they would notice that she was blind, she would have no chance.
 
“Look at me!” the youkai said with a commanding voice.
 
The young girl didn't know what to do. She started trembling. With a big effort she managed to say “And if I would,” she paused what will I see?” she finished hoping that her head will remain attached to her body. Kagome was not sure, but she thought for a moment that she heard a `hn' from the newly arrived youkai, he was probably smirking.
 
She stood there in shock when she heard him speak again “You're pathetic!” he said to the other youkai. “Not only that you got beaten by a ningen, but a clumsy one at that!” his line was fallowed by silence, as the other youkai didn't dare answer him.
 
The young youkai lord just stood there watching as the girl fell to the ground again. In just one day she had lost almost all that she had, but she still didn't wanted to give up. He respected her for that, she remained him of someone. He turned to face the village. He saw that she was not the only survivor. Though the others were also injured, humans had all those stupid feelings, they would take care of her.
 
“Follow me!” he said with a strict voice.
Kagome got up and ran to the youkai's side. She knew perfectly well that he could kill her for that, that she was not worthy of walking by his side, but it was beater than remaining with the pissed off youkai.
 
Sesshomaru looked at the girl once more. She was different from the other humans. He could sense a big amount of purity in her, but he couldn't say exactly why. As he was looking at her, Kagome hit her foot on a rock and was about to fall when she clanked to his kimono.
 
Realizing what she had just done, she quickly let go. She thought that he would kill her for sure this time, but no. The youkai continued walking. She fallowed him quietly, until he stopped her putting a strong arm on her shoulder. She froze for a moment, but what she heard next shocked her.
 
“Be careful, there are steps in front of you!” the youkai said coldly.
Kagome gasped. He knew that she was blind, yet he still helped her. They got inside a hut where she could hear some of the other villagers retreat into a corner at the site of the youkai.
 
“She's your responsibility.” He said, and with that she heard him turn to leave. She turned to face him for the first time and asked “Why are you doing this?”
Sesshomaru was caught of guard and didn't know what to answer. He looked at the young girl and noticed in her eyes that she was waiting for an answer.
 
“Because you remained me of someone!” he said and left the hut.
 
########################################
 
Sesshomaru got back into the forest. The other youkai already were setting up camp. They were so pathetic. If the killing of only some of Naraku's mignons got them this tired, then what would the fight with Naraku do? Especially now that the jewel was missing and he was sure to have it.
 
He then decided to go to the river where he had left AhUn. Only the sight of these youkai made him sick. He didn't know what will remain of the northern lands when Kuro and his men will take over.
 
He had reached the river where a green little youkai looked at him with love in his eyes.
 
“Jaken, if you keep staring at me like that you'll surly regret it.” He said with a bored look.
 
“Yes Sesshomaru-sama. I'm so sorry…” he started, but didn't finish as his master just stepped on him.
 
`So pathetic' he thought. Why was he only surrounded by idiots? He sat down under the trunk of an old tree and closed his eyes. The stench of blood was still in the air and it was almost unbearable. Unbearable until the smell of sakura got to his senses.
 
########################################
 
Kagome tried to help the villagers, but she wasn't too useful since she couldn't see a thing. Plus, even if she couldn't see it, she noticed that she wasn't at all welcome here. Was it because she spent all her time in the house and never got to know anyone, or was it because the youkai brought her here?
 
She was practically alone, with no one there by her side. Now that her sister was dead, she had to make it on her one, even if it really was hard. Her thoughts were interrupted by the voice of an old man.
 
“Girl, make yourself useful and go help the others get some weather”
 
Kagome got up and out of the cottage. She was going to ask him how, since she couldn't see, but decided not to. She didn't want to be a burden to anyone, so she went alone through the forest. This was the shortest way to the river, or so she heard, and hours have past since the youkai left their village. Theoretically she was supposed to be safe from any harm.
 
Kagome remembered that when she was a little girl, Kikyo brought her to this river. It was so close to the village. She could even hear the weather. They used to spend a lot of time here, until Kikyo had to guard the Shinkon no Tama. But now it was different. The jewel was in her care, but was she really going to do a good job protecting it?
 
She was brought back to reality by a familiar voice and a powerful blow to the ground.
 
######################################
 
Kuro and his men were all resting in camp. It seamed that their lieder was still pissed because of what happened with the ningen girl. Sesshomaru really mocked him back there and he really wanted to get back at him for that. Soon it came to him. He could sense the smell of the girl from the village. This was just what he needed to cheer himself up.
 
“So we met again!” he stated throwing the girl to the ground.
 
It all happened so fast, that she didn't even sense him approach her, and now she was lying on the ground, with a youkai on top of her and a few more around them. This was really not her day.
 
####################################
 
 
OK. This is it for now, but I hope to come up with next chapter really soon.
 
REVIEW! REVIEW! REVIEW! REVIEW! Did I mention REVIEW! (puppy eyes)