InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dear Diary ❯ School Supply Shopping ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

We could only wish that we all owned Inuyasha and the others, but, sadly, they are all owned by their rightful owners.
 
Dear Diary
 
Chapter 5 - School Supply Shopping
 
 
“Come on Souta,” I shout up the stares, “hurry up or we won't be able to look around.”
“I'm coming,” he yelled as he began coming down the stairs, “I'm coming. No need to get your knickers in a knot.”
Rolling my eyes and shaking my head, I grab my bag that was next to the door and head out after Souta, making sure it was closed. The plan for the day was to walk around LA and find our stuff we needed for school, as well as spend some time together and meet some knew people before school started. Like I said, that was the plan.
“So where to first?” Souta asks as we stand on the inside of a really big shopping centre, “wandering, breakfast or school shit.”
I think about it quickly, being answered by my growling stomach.
“Breakfast it is.”
We laugh as we sit down at a nice spot for some breakfast, looking over the men. I end up helping Souta when he got stuck on some of the words. We enjoyed ourselves for the first time since we had gotten here.
“Why did you want us to move here sis?” Souta asked as we waited for our orders and I started to take a sip of my lemonade.
I choked on my drink for a few seconds, calming down after Souta finished patting me on the back. I turned to him and frowned for a few seconds before I started to realise that he didn't really know the real truth.
“To get away from the famous life,” I reply with a small sigh, looking down at my cup, “mainly. You know, the media, the screaming fans who all want a picture with you, stuff like that.”
He shrugged before he began filling his face with the plate full of pancakes that were just placed in front of him. I watched with a small smile as he finished them quickly, watching me to see how much of my `French toast' would be saved. It was nice, tasting like eggs and a tiny hint of caster sugar. Cutting him off a big piece, I placed it on his plate and we both finished quickly, eager to go shop.
I smile at him as I pay the waiter, wondering where we would go first. Souta, of course, wanted to go look at all the sporty stuff that was on his school list, while I wanted to go find everything else first.
“Come on Souta,” I say as we headed towards the escalators, “we need to find some nice clothes for our school uniforms.”
“What?” he asks, following me quickly, “Why don't we just get a proper school uniform instead?”
“Because,” I yelled back as I ran up the escalator, “why go to a school with a uniform when we would need someone to drive us, when we can walk to a uniform-free school. You can wear whatever you want really. Just gotta be careful that it doesn't show anything.”
“WICKED,” was the only response I received before my brother shot right past me, running to the top of the escalator.
And as he reached the top, he ran into the back of another teenager, one that we both knew. Our cousin, Kikyo, was surrounded by a few of her `friends' that had made sure that they all caught her before her pretty face could hit the floor. Silently, I wished that it had.
“Watch where you are going,” one of Kikyo's friends sneered as Souta, “you little fucking shit head. How did you not see her?”
“Simply,” I reply as I come up behind Souta and wrap my arm around his shoulder, turning him into me a little as we listened to the small crowd gasp at how much myself and Kikyo looked alike, “we forgot to look out for our cousins fucking fat head!”
Kikyo whipped around, swiping at me with her long and incredibly sharp nails, missing me only because I stepped back and pushed Souta out of the way. I shook my head at her and smiled evilly, knowing full well that she hated it when I did. Screaming, she dove at me again, tackling me to the ground and landing on top of me.
I laughed as she tried to hurt me, numerous times. None of them hurt, because we used to do this sort of thing all the time when we were smaller. Getting sick of being on the floor, I grabbed my arms out of her grip and shove her completely off me. Sitting up, I leaned back on my hands, watching to see for any reactions from her.
Standing, she walked over to me and looked down at me, arms crossed and chest heaving. Tapping her foot, she motioned me to get up, and just to annoy her, I cupped my hand around my ear, waiting. She screamed again and kicked me in my side, causing me to lose my breath for a little. Catching my breath again, I stood and smiled at her for two seconds before punching her in the stomach and watching her topple over, onto the floor.
Winking at Souta, I grab his hand and walk away from her, listening to her curse me from a distance. Smiling to myself and Souta, we went into the first clothing shop that we saw, grabbing things and trying them on.
 
 
Halfway through pulling a small dark blue tank top over my head, my phone started ringing. Swearing loudly, I grabbed it out of my bag and slide it open, quickly looking at the caller ID.
“Hang on Kaede,” I say calmly as I hold the phone steady, “just give me two seconds.” After a few seconds I held the phone to my ear again and listened to Kaede.
“We need ye to come back to the studio this weekend, before ye school starts,” she says calmly, “and if ye can, make some new songs before then. We need three more for ye album.”
“I can do it Kaede,” I say back with a sigh as I look over the top on in the mirror, “but there better be some of Kohaku's chocolate cookies waiting for me when I get back. Deal?”
She sighed at me before hanging up.
I'll take that as a yes then huh, I thought to myself, as I grabbed the clothes that both Souta and I were buying, heading off to the counter. Paying for them with my card, we walked out of the store, carrying three bags each. I told Souta about what Kaede said quietly, not wanting anyone else to hear. All he did was ask if he could come along.
“I'll call Kaede when we get home,” I reply as I ruffle his hair up.
Walking around, we buy all the other school stuff that we needed, carrying them all as we went looking around to see if we could find anything that we thought was interesting to us for our rooms or ourselves.
Souta begged me to get his a nice dragon painting for the wall in his room, and once I saw which one he was talking about, I knew that something was up. Souta wasn't a huge dragon freak, I think he only had a little dragon ornament hiding away behind all his soccer trophies. Looking at him sideways, I gave him a questioning look.
“Look in the eyes, “he replied, pointing to them, “for a few seconds. Then you will know why.”
I did as he asked and was surprised to see that they eyes drew you in until it seems that the dragon was coming to life. Yet, as I looked away, something moved around me. Not being able to figure out what it was, I looked at Souta quickly and realised that everything had gone dark. No one was around me anymore, yet I could feel something circling me still. I closed my eyes to the darkness, willing for it to disappear.
Slowly, a husky laugh comes through the darkness, surrounding me and causing me to open my eyes. Someone, or something, was standing in front of me, looking down at me. This… thing… was like a combination of a human and a dragon, with the wings, claws and eyes. Looking up at it, a small glimmer of light started to pulse from its right hand. It watched me for a long while, before coming toward me and kneeling in front of me.
I realised that I had fallen to my knees, looking it in the eyes. It stared right back, proving to me that it was real. He lifted his pulsing hand between us, opening it and showing me a brilliantly shining necklace. Still pulsing, he held up the small chain that it was connected to, drawing closer to me.
“This is the Shikon no Tama,” he says in a deep voice as he held it carefully in front of me, “the jewel of four souls. You, young miko Kagome, are to watch over it and make sure it is kept pure. If it becomes corrupt, then all will be lost. Many in your world will be hunting for it, but your miko powers will be heightened by the jewel to keep you safe.”
Slowly grabbing the jewel out of its hands put it quickly around my neck, willing for it to stop pulsing. Instantly, the light dimmed and the pulsing was minimised to the least it could be. Looking up again, it smiled at me and kissed my hand, causing me to fallback, unconscious.
 
 
Hey readers,
I know that the last chapter was a little… annoying… to say it the nicest way… and I'm the author. If it was annoying for me to write than I am guessing that it probably would have thought it was really bad to read. I wouldn't blame you if u did think that.
But I have been writing this story on and off since the 20 December 2008 and I hope that it was better than the last one.