InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dear Diary ❯ True Sides ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

We could only wish that we all owned Inuyasha and the others, but, sadly, they are all owned by their rightful owners.
 
Dear Diary
 
Chapter 6 - True Sides
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Moaning, I try rolling over, only to find that I couldn't. Panicking, I try sitting up suddenly, only to find that I couldn't do that either. Opening my eyes, I realised that I was in the back of an ambulance, strapped down tightly to the stretcher. An oxygen mask was on my face and a tube was in my left arm, connecting me to a drip machine. Looking around, I noticed that Souta was also in the ambulance with me, all our shopping at his feet.
Noticing I was awake, he grabbed my hand and squeezed it slightly. His eyes were the only real proof that he had been crying, tears still in the brims. Smiling to him, I fell into a deep sleep, knowing that I would be fine.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
I woke up that night, bolting up right. Remembering what had happened with Dragon, my name for him, my hand instantly went up to my neck, feeling for the Shikon no Tama. Touching it and feeling its sudden pulse through my body, I relaxed, knowing that I still had it.
Thinking back to the weird time that I was talking to Dragon, I realised that I still didn't have a clue why I was put in an ambulance. If that had happened in Japan at the Shrine, most people would have put it down that I was just having a `miko moment' as they were called.
Looking around my room, I noticed that Souta was half sitting on a chair and half lying on my legs. Shaking my head at him, I kept looking around, knowing that someone else was hiding from my view.
“Come out stranger,” I say clearly into the darkness, scraping ever part of it in case someone appeared, “I am a miko of the sunset shrine in Japan and I can feel your presence. Stand out where I can see you.”
Waiting for a few seconds, I summon a small orb to my hand, canting into it silently. Pushing it up into the air, I watched as it scoured the darkness around my room, until it fell on someone standing near the door. Someone that was recognisable.
“Mr. Tashio,” I say as I sit up as much as I could without disturbing Souta, “I'm so sorry about the seeking orb. If you had just answered I would not have needed to send it out.”
He continued to stand there, staring down at the floor. Something wasn't right with him and I could quite easily tell. Holding the necklace tight, it pulsed suddenly, filling me with energy and power. But as it reached Mr. Tashio, it seemed to have a different affect. He growled for several seconds until the pulse was no longer near him and looked at me.
His eyes were filled with blood. Or they looked like they were anyway. His fingernails grew into claws and his ears became pointed. A purple moon appeared on his forehead and two strips appeared on each cheek.
“Give me the Shikon no Tama Kagome,” he growled in his deep voice, suddenly appearing at my side, “and I will let you live to keep recording with Kaede.”
“And if I don't?” I asked as I watched him closely, “you'll what, cut me to itty bitty pieces.”
“Don't tempt me Kagome,” he sneered as he leant over my bed, “I am over 700 years old. This Sesshomaru was the great Lord of The Western Lands, and humans and demons alike feared me greatly. No little miko bitch is going to change that now.”
I continued to stare up at him, knowing full well that he was doing his best to frighten me. And just quietly, it was working fucking fine too. If Souta hadn't have been on my legs, they would have been knocking together something fierce.
“I'm not afraid of you Mr Tashio,” I calmly say, “but I refuse to let you ruin my time in America because you want what you can't have!”
As soon as I finished saying that, I realised that he had gotten too close for my liking. His eyes, that had began to return to normal after he began talking about himself, now bleed again. He lifted me straight off the bed, holding me up by my neck. No sound left my mouth, nor did the Shikon no Tama leave my hand. I held onto it with all the strength that I had, knowing that was what he was really after.
Souta had awoken as I was lifted off the bed, taking notice of Mr. Tashio. Now, he was screaming at the top of his lung, huddled in the far corner of the room. Mr. Tashio must have locked the door or done something to it because I could hear doctors and nurses banging on the door, trying to barge it open.
“Put… m-m-me… do-d-down…” I stutter as I begin to lose most access to my oxygen, “fin-fi-final… w-war-warning…”
“And what are you going to do about it little miko?” he asks venomously, never taking his eyes off mine.
My eyes flared open as I grabbed onto both his wrists, keeping my grip tight. A growl escaped his throat as I began to focus my powers to the one area. Purifying him wasn't a choice, because I knew the type of person that he really was, or I thought I did anyway. But Kaede trusts him and that was a good enough reason not too.
My miko powers came to my hands easily, more easily than I thought they would have. Pushing them from my hands under his skin, I waited for the pain he was about to endure. He watched me through squinted eyes, and even though they were nearly closed, I watched the pain flash across them for seconds before they closed fully. He let go of me and I landed on the floor with a thud as he collapsed on the floor near me, reaching out to grab something of mine.
Scampering away, I quickly went to Souta and shook him slightly, making him stop screaming. Once he realised that I was not in any more danger, he calmed down quickly, running to the door and trying to open it himself. I knew the weak point of the door and slowly started to head to the door, only for my ankle to be grabbed by the ankle and dragged backwards to Mr. Tashio.
He flipped me onto my back, grabbing hold of my hands. He was still trying to get to the Jewel, but as long as I was alive and breathing, no fucking yokai would get it. Pulling my knees up to my chest, I placed my feet against his chest and pushed away from him as hard as I could, making him be pushed back about a meter and a half. Shuffling over to the door, I loosen the handle, pulling it off completely and kicking the door out.
“Souta?” Mama screamed into the room as Souta ran out to her, hugging her tight around the waist. “Kagome? Kagome, where are you?”
People began streaming into the room as Mr. Tashio grabbed hold of me, pulling me tight against his chest with two claws right against my neck. The Shikon no Tama was still hanging around my neck, sitting between myself and Mr. Tashio's claws.
“Anyone comes any closer and the little miko will no longer live,” he states clearly as Mama and the others notice me, “now all move from the door so I can leave!”
Kaede stepped forward from the group, hunched over her cane. Looking Mr. Tashio up and down, she shook her head.
“Put her down Sesshomaru,” she states, “and have a look around. You are surrounded by miko's and Shinto priests. If you kill her, you will not last very long yourself.”
Growling, he looked around and noticed everyone, standing in their fighting positions. Holding me tighter, he raised his claws up my neck ever so slightly.
I knew that everyone would be wondering why he was doing this and I was wondering how far I could push him. Wiggling my arms and my torso around, he grabbed me tighter still, leaving me barely enough room to breathe. Then, I pushed my neck into his claws, trying him to see if he would really kill me. Blood slide down my throat, tickling me the whole way. Still pushing, I felt his grip loosen enough for me to turn my head to him.
“You don't have to kill me,” I say just quiet enough for only him to hear, “and I know that you really don't want to. I need to keep the Jewel to stop it from becoming corrupt. You should know what will happen to the jewel if it does, being a lord and a yokai. And, I need to keep living to keep all the evil yokai away from the jewel.”
“And how do you know that I'm not am evil yokai?” he questioned me quietly.
“Because you would have already killed myself and Lady Kaede if you were,” I replied quickly, knowing the answer before the question was even asked.
He continued to look down at me, noticing that his claws were dripping with the blood from my neck. Turning me around, he lifted my chin and looked at the deep cut. His eyes became worried as he noticed that the blood had stained down the front of my robe, leaving a deep stain. Looking down, he released me fully from his grip, pushing me a little backwards. I stumbled back for a second before I walked back to him, kneeling in front of him.
“Thank you,” I mutter into his ear as I hug him, feeling him stiffen under my touch.
Kissing his cheek quickly, I stood and walked over to Mama and Lady Kaede.
Things were going to happen like this often, I thought to myself, especially since I have the Shikon no Tama with me.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Heyya ppl,
If you didn't get this chapter, it is basically Kagome is in hospital because she fainted when she got the Shikon no Tama, and Sesshomaru, who she knows from Kaede's studio in Japan as Mr. Tashio, comes looking for the her to get the jewel.
Thanks to those ppl who are reading this, its nice to know that some ppl find my stories interesting. But plz, can I plz get some reviews, to let me know what you think of the story and what you do and don't like about it.
TTFN
Bloodthirstynekoyokaigirlxd
XD
;D