InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dear Diary ❯ Differences Of Life ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

We could only wish that we all owned Inuyasha and the others, but, sadly, they are all owned by their rightful owners. I do own Derek & Melissa (Inuyasha's girlfriend) though.
 
Dear Diary
 
Chapter 15 -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Kagome's POV
 
Eventually everything was back where it was supposed to be. I sat down in a bundle and just lay on the floor, trying to catch my breath. Let me tell you, it wasn't easy. Inuyasha sure threw one good tantrum.
I laughed to myself and sat up, crawling over to my bag and rummaging through. Eventually I find the other chocolate bars that were in my bag from this morning, pulling them out. I still had a fair few so I threw one at Derek, who caught it silently, and crawled my way back to Inuyasha.
He had barely moved since Derek and I had rearranged the room. I push the Mars bar through the gap of were his legs and arms were. His head popped up suddenly and I smiled at him slightly, moving back over to my bag.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Inuyasha's POV
 
She smiled at me.
I couldn't figure it out.
But she smiled at me.
I watched as she crawled back to her bag and pulled out another bar of chocolate, unwrapping it and biting into it straight away. She looks up at Derek and pats the ground next to her, silently asking if he was to sit with her. He nodded and came over, sitting and pulling her to him. She looked over at me next and repeated the gesture, inviting me over as well.
I slowly crawled over, unsure of why.
Something made me want to trust her, yet I didn't trust easily.
Sitting next to her, I unwrapped my chocolate and took a small bite, not wanting it to be gone too quickly. Derek and Kagome were both half way through theirs and both were eating silently, staring at different parts of the room.
I stared openly at her.
She was a goddess in hiding.
She was also with my best friend.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Kagome's POV
 
He kept staring at me.
I pretended to ignore it, yet something wouldn't let me.
He was staring at me.
Smiling to myself, I unwrapped myself from Derek and moved over to my desk, sitting in it and sticking the rest of my chocolate in my mouth. I reached for my bag and pulled it onto my desk, rummaging through and finding my phone. Checking the time, I was shocked to find that homeroom was supposed to start in about 20 mins.
Looking over at the guys, they both stared back. I took the chocolate out of my mouth for a sec.
“Homeroom starts in twenty,” I said as I slipped my phone into my pocket and bit into the chocolate again.
They both nodded at me and sat at their desks, knowing full well what the day was holding ahead for us all. Suddenly my phone stares ringing and vibrating, causing me to jump up and yelp, grabbing it quickly from my pocket. The tightness of the skirt was fighting to keep the phone in and I struggled with it until it finally came out, quickly answering it with worry that the person was going to hang up.
“Hello,” I said as I pulled my hair away from my ear, “who is it?”
“Change of plans for ye Kagome,” Kaede's voice came through the phone, “the people have come to want a group of concerts from ye instead of another album.”
“What the fuck?” I scream into the air, knowing that that would mean that I would have to take a bit of time of school, “Kaede! They cant do that. They know that I'm in the middle of school.”
“Ay,” she replied, “but ye have to remember that holidays are coming in Japan and they do not know that ye are in America.”
I strangle the air in front of me, knowing that the two guys would be watching me weirdly.
“Do you think you will be able to convince them to leave it for a little while longer?” I asked, letting desperation slip into my voice, “it'll look odd if I'm missing from school for a long while as there is a concert on for her on at the same time.”
“Ye have a point,” she says in her normal voice, “but ye must come this weekend for the recording either way. Ye and I can talk to over with the people to try and change their minds.”
“Arigato Kaede-chan,” I say quietly, listening to the doorknob rattle, “I need to go.”
“See ye and ye friends this Friday,” she says as she hangs up.
Letting out a sigh of relief, I slip my phone back into the pocket that it was in before after making sure that it was on silent. I watched as the other student filed in, all eyes on the three in the back of the room. Inuyasha and Derek's normal mates walk in before the teacher and call out to them, asking them where they were before school.
I smile and look away, noting that Kikyo had just walked in.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Inuyasha's POV
 
“Where were you?”
“Why are you in here so early?”
“Why are you so silent?”
“What are you doing in the same room as that girl?”
I sighed as my friends all ask my questions, all wondering what was up with this morning. I smiled to them and look at Kagome in the corner of my eyes, watched her stiffen her back suddenly, her eyes never leaving the door.
Following her gaze, I watched her slut cousin walk in, heading straight for her. Remembering yesterday suddenly, I turn to Kagome and look at her cheek, seeing the scratches underneath her hair. I watch Kagome stand and meet her cousin half way, crossing her arms in front of her.
“What do you want Kikyo?” Kagome asks.
“Your Mama asked me to give you this,” Kikyo replied, handing her a couple of dollars, “for lunch.”
“Thanks,” Kagome says before turning away, heading back to her chair.
Kikyo shrugs and heads over to her friends, sitting and instantly joining in with the conversation. All my friends had sat down and were all looking at me funny as I looked from Kikyo to Kagome, noting the similarities that they had. Both had the dark, long hair that hung a little higher that their arse. Both had the same sort of colour of skin. They had a similar sort of dress style, though Kagome's was definitely my favourite, especially with that shirt.
`Anyone ever notice that studying is student and dying put together'
Definitely unique.
Kagome looked at me suddenly, giving me the weirdest look that I have ever seen. I turn away suddenly, feeling a blush come up my face and turning to the front.
Then I noticed that she had walked in.
Heading straight for me.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Kagome's POV
 
My heart went out to him.
Well as much as it could go to that self centred son of a bitch.
Sighing, I watched as she walked over to him and hugged him, leaning in for a kiss. He turned his head away at the last second and moved, making her kiss the air. She looked at him for a second before frowning and shrugging, turning and going to her own desk. Sighing, I shook my head and listened to the school announcements.
“The Singing Competition is on in three weeks as you should all know,” the teacher said as all the students sat straight and listened intently.
I turned to Derek and gave him a questioning look. He smiled and leaned back in his chair so I could hear what he was saying.
“The school has a singing competition every year,” he said, never taking his eyes off mine. “Nearly all the kids go in it for the challenge. And the prize.”
“What's the prize?” I asked, actually curious about it.
“Normally,” he said as he turns back to the front and listens to the others talking around us, “a celebrity would come to school and either sing for us as a concert or listen to us all sing and offer the winner a chance to be in a recording studio and record an album. You should talk to Kaede about doing a concert here.”
“No way,” I laughed at him, “Derek, remember that I'm trying to fit in with this school. I don't want to stand out like a sore thumb. Absolutely not.”
“Just a suggestion,” he said as he lets his chair fall forward, getting up and grabbing his bag as the bell rings.
Shaking my head, I stand and get my bag as well, looking through it and grabbing out my class schedule. Scrolling through it, I noticed that I had music.
Great, I thought to myself as I rolled my eyes and headed through the hall to my locker, my favourite class. Not! Sighing, I put the combination into my locker and opened it, reaching in and grabbing my music book, as well as my art book and my lyrics book. Sighing again, I closed the door and shrieked suddenly, clutching my chest as he just looked on.
“Who the fuck are you?” I say after I calm myself the tiniest.
He laughs as he looks over me, stopping momentarily to read my shirt. He smiles as he finishes it, slowly making his way back up to my face.
“Kouga,” he says simply as he turns and walks away, never looking at me again.
Growling in frustration, I head off to my next class. I get there seconds before the teacher and sit down, unsure of what I was supposed to expect from the class. The teacher was young and good looking. Her make up was done well and the small dress that she wore showed off all the right curves. Her smile made all the boys pay attention and when she talked you couldn't help but listen.
“Now who wants to be first?” she asked as she skimmed her eyes over the class.
Everybody shark back in their chairs, unwilling to be chosen. Her eyes floated past me quickly before she suddenly came back and was wide eyed. My eyes had a small amount of worry in them, unsure of why she would look at me like that.
“Why didn't anyone tell me we had a new student?” she asked as she made her way back to me. “That isn't very polite guys. What's your name sweets?”
“Kagome Higarushi,” I replied truthfully, unsure of what she would do.
“Well Kagome,” she said as she smiled sweetly… almost too sweetly… at me, “welcome to my music class. Would you like to start the warm-up?”
“No,” I say firmly, knowing that she would try getting me to do it anyway.
“Alright then,” she says warmly, “but I would like for you to stay a little while after class. Just so I can get to know you better.”
I nod to her as she begins the lesson again, knowing that there was something really happening. The rest of the lesson flew by and I was shocked to see how quickly it went with this teacher. She knew how to make the class laugh and join in with her when she was singing or clapping along to a dance. The class ended and I packed up, standing and moving to the front of the room where she was sitting on her desk, waiting for me.
“I must say,” she said as she looked me in the eyes, “I was surprised when I heard that Kagome Higarushi was coming to this school. I thought it was just another scam to make us teacher be nicer to the new students. Thought, you are not quiet what I expected for a celebrity. You don't seem up yourself and you didn't want to show off today in front of the class. Am I right in guessing that you don't want people to know who you really are?”
“Yes, that would be a good guess.” I say back to her, bowing my head slightly at being caught out, “I came here to escape hell and realised that I really can't get away from it anywhere. My manager keeps calling me back to record and her boss has just warned us that he is expecting me to have a concert soon.”
“Well,” she said as she pushed my face back up to hers, “maybe you should talk to Lady Kaede and see if you can get away with singing at this schools, normal sing star competition. It would be an honour for the school and if you wear a hat over your face of something no one would realise it was you. How about that?”
“Arigato Miss,” I say with a bow, “but I need to go to my next class. Thank you for the idea and I will talk to Lady Kaede about it later. But how do you know Lady Kaede?”
“She once taught me,” she said simply before walking me to the door and handing me a slip of paper, “give this to the teacher and you will not be in trouble for being late. Good luck, Kagome Higarushi.”
Smiling, I quickly run off.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
the rest of the day went without any drama's. Inuyasha and Derek pulled me over to sit with them at the lunch time so I could meet the rest of their friends. They were all nice enough, but all were questioning Inuyasha about Mel for the whole time.
He took my phone off me and swore them all not to tell anyone about it as he showed them the picture. They didn't ask again after that.
All the girls were all commenting on the way that I dressed, loving my shirt and skirt combo. They all laughed as they read the shirt and made me swear that I would wear a different one tomorrow. I laughed along with them and was just enjoying the time, knowing that it would possibly not last very long.
Kaede rang again that night and I gave the suggestion that my music teacher, Miss Allen, had given me. She loved the idea and promised that she would talk to the higher people, making the suggestion in my place.
“Would ye like to bring all ye friends on Friday?” she asked before we hung up.
Thinking about it, I told her that I would ask them all tomorrow and give her the answer then.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The next morning was slow and annoying. Inuyasha was sitting quietly in his desk and none of his friends could get him to talk to them. I eventually walked over and knelt down beside him, staring up through his hair.
That's when I saw it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Heyya guys…
Sorry for the confusion in the last part. It just randomly cam to me so I thought why the hell not… lol..
Thanx to those ppl that have been reviewing, its great to hear that ppl like this story..
I'm getting the idea's from mates so I thank them all.. loves ya guys.
bloodthirstynekoyokaigirlxd
XD