InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Deja-vu ❯ Review Responses ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Deja-vu Review Responses

Big, big thanks to everyone who has reviewed this little exercise in confusion. I know that I didn't make everything crystal clear at the end. Even though my intention was to create an exclusive Kag/Inu pairing, skimming back over it, I can see how one may think `Wait...did she choose Inu or Sess? Is she staying in the future, or the past?'.

Well, I thought about editing the last chapter to clear up any ambiguity, but I got to thinking...why not leave the reader to interpret it however they see fit? Why can't Kagome have a brother on either side of the well? (My personally favorite fantasy, even if it gets a bit icky if I think about it too long.) So, all I'll say is this:

1) This was supposed to be a Kag/Inu pairing. Hence, the niece and nephews Sess remembers playing with in the feudal era.

2) Kagome only comes back to the present day to visit with her family (and Sess). Not to have trysts with her brother-in-law. *sigh* Though that's a fun thought, too.

3) Sess remembers Kagome dying in the past after a long, happy life with Inuyasha. I don't know if Inu was still alive when she died or not. My muse didn't tell me. Ask her, because I want to know, too!

4) Lastly, yes Sesshoumaru is in love with Kagome. Unconditionally. Unrequitedly. He accepts this, and doesn't try to take her from his brother, just is happy with what he can get. (I offered to console him, but...guess I'm not good enough.)

Hope that helps some. Going to insert a shameless plug here: If you like Sess/Kag fics (or don't mind them as long as there's no Inu-bashing), check out my other Inuyasha fic `Yume'. I also write Fruits Basket fics, but I am sooooo far behind on one of them people probably think I'm dead!

On to the responses!

Tsukitani

FF.net:

ChocolateEclar: Thanks! I rattled it off within a day, so wasn't very sure about it. I hope the author's notes above help clear up your confusion!

Phoebemoon: See above for answers to your questions. About her future self, though...umm, there is only one Kagome, so just like the manga, when she jumps through the well, she disappears from whatever time she is leaving. Does that make sense?

R Junkie: Yes, yes! I couldn't hold back my evildoing any longer and had to use it in the Inuverse! Fear me! BWAHAHAHAH! And, HA! I fooled you into thinking it was Inuyasha from the start! (Good, because that was the idea, and I wasn't sure I had pulled it off. Whew!) And I am SOOOO jealous of Kagome for having the love of both sexy demon gods. Maybe next time I'll write myself in somehow...*shudders as she remembers her last failed foray into Mary-Suedom* Thanks for the wonderful, numerous reviews! *huggles*

Autumn: Did you like the answer?

Earth Borne: There it is...I hope you enjoyed it!

Beth: Ah, yes. Sess is absolutely delicious. My favorite base for an ice cream sundae...*drools*. Oh! Did I just say that out loud? *blushes* Sorry. I meant. Yes. He is cute, in a totally platonic, objective, I'm-just-admiring-the-scenery sort of way. *snorts* (Yeah, right.)

Lady Hiko: Are you an RK fan? Hiko-sama is the most manly man I have ever seen in anime! *drools* Hmmm....the older, sake-swilling, sword-wielding samurai with a twisted sense of humor. My favorite! *shakes head* But, I was writing about Sess and Inu in this fic, wasn't I? Thanks for the review!

PasoLover: Did this answer all of your questions?

Amethyst Hanyou: Chapter 7 of Yume is now complete! (Actually, Ch. 9 is up, and Ch. 10 is in progress.) Thanks for the love!

Lady2U: Yeah, I just had to throw that small bit of Kagome/Inuyasha angst in there. Kag as nothing more than a shard detector...but Inu held Tetsusaiga to my throat and demanded I rectify the misconception, so...Kagome knows Inu really loves her for herself. How romantic!

Sesshyangel: Yes! I'm the author of Yume! I had to write an I/K fic to work it out of my system. (Hasn't worked completely...just got a killer idea last night, but it looks like a lengthy thing, so won't even THINK about typing it up until I get a few more things finished.) Sess overload-have no idea how that is possible, but there it is-so I had to go with this one. Though, I must say, I hadn't intended Sess to have more than a cameo appearance. Then he suddenly became the love-struck star! Guess I wasn't as tired of him as I thought, eh?

Kousagi-chan: Did you like it? Did you like it? Huh? Huh?! Thanks for the review!

MM.org:

Del_Kaidin: I hope you enjoyed Parts II & III!

Watterrain: Thanks!

Mommy Rogers: So, did the other two parts meet expectations? Thanks for the support!

Shisou: Hey, who cares about a bunch of brats when you're faced with one of the sexiest creatures on the face of the earth? Students, schmudents! LOL And yes, Sess is not my personal muse, but she is very definitely inspired by him!

Lady Sesshoumaru: Yeah! *laughs* Inuyasha wasn't too thrilled that I didn't put in any hot-n-heavy action with Kagome. I offered to help him out there, but he said there was only one woman for him...*sigh* Guess I'm stuck with Sess...*slow smile* Thanks for the support!

Bearjamas: Thanks!