InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Demonology ❯ Taisho's Dog Den and Jinenji's Potions ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Author's Note: Writing bug has bitten me. Hard. I pumped this out so damn fast. And I'm already halfway through the next chapter so expect more to come! ENJOY!

Disclaimer: Inuyasha does not belong to me, he belongs to Rumiko Takahashi.

Kagome put her pencil down and let out a sigh of relief. Midterms were finally over. After the stress of the past couple of weeks between schools, the hangout at Inuyasha's, and work, she felt like she could finally kick back and relax.

When the bell rang to leave the class, she grabbed her books. She had the night off from work, all of her tests were done. For the first time in weeks, she actually had a little bit of free time. She got back to her dorm to see Miroku leaving their room with a smug look on his face.

“What have you been up to?” Kagome asked him slyly. He gave her a sly smile back.

“Oh Kagome, you know I don't kiss and tell,” he said with a wink.

She lightly punched him on the arm and walked into her room, where Sango had just finished getting dressed and opened the window. The room smelled of sex and incense. The two combined were noxious. Kagome waived air in front of her nose and gave Sango a sour look.

“Can't you two do that in his room?” Kagome asked, going to her desk to light a candle.

Sango laughed. “Unfortunately he has a roommate that never leaves the dorm and refuses to give him the space to do anything. Luckily I have an awesome roommate who just lights candles and complains a little bit!”

Both of the women laughed. “I suppose. Just beat me to opening the window and lighting the candles next time, okay? It's exhausting coming back to this smell every day.”

“It's not every day!” Sango exclaimed.

“Damn near,” Kagome muttered under her breath.

“Hey, so Inuyasha is fighting tonight and there's a big party afterwards. You in? Inuyasha said he'd get you a ticket if you wanted to watch him fight.”

Kagome thought about it. She hadn't actually gotten to see him fight yet. She was curious as to how well he fought. It would be interesting to say the least. She would love to see him beat the crap out of somebody.

“I suppose that would be fun…” Kagome trailed off, which caused Sango to get a wolfish grin.

“He's fighting a wolf demon tonight. Koga, he's fun to watch. They mostly just yell insults at each other. It's like watching a comedy show,” Sango said excitedly, texting Inuyasha.

Good News, Kagome wants to watch you fight tonight.

Kagome began laughing. “Oh, but what will I wear? I can't go in fishnets again. That'd be awful.”

“Why not? You look great in fishnets.”

Kagome shook her head, laughing. “Nah, I'll dress myself this time. Maybe I'll borrow a pair of shoes, but I'll dress myself. You make me too…”

“Slutty? Yeah, that was on purpose. You get more free drinks that way,” Sango replied with indifference, waiving her hand at Kagome. “However, if you're Inuyasha's guest, I'm sure he'll happily buy you drinks the entire night.”

Kagome blushed. She thought about Inuyasha. Last time she had seen him, she had spent the night. He told her a lot about his past and in the morning he had orange juice and aspirin waiting on her bedside table. When she left, he gave her a peck on the cheek and told her that he did want to see her again.

She hadn't contacted him once in the past two weeks. She felt awful, but she didn't know what to say to him. He spilled his heart out to her and she responded by avoiding him. What made it worse is that she couldn't stop thinking about him. She wanted to tangle her fingers in his hair, she wanted to feel him against her body.

She felt herself blush at the thoughts of a naked Inuyasha. A fighter's body, lean and muscular. Thin hips, broad shoulders, muscles glistening under her touch… She shivered.

Sango watched the array of emotions run across Kagome's face and couldn't help but smile. Kagome was smitten, and both of them were avoiding each other, hoping the other one would crack. They were stubborn, to say the least.

“Hmm…” Kagome taunted. She had a little extra cash, she could go buy a nice dress and go…

“Oh don't hmm me, I'm telling him you're going,” Sango said, pulling out her phone to see Inuyasha had already responded.

I have three front row seats reserved for you guys. But I'll be otherwise occupied at the party, so don't expect much there.

Sango was wondering why he would be undercover at a large party like that, but figured it wouldn't be a big deal.

“I guess I could go, I just need to go find an outfit before going,” Kagome said while grabbing her purse. Sango was about to say something, but Kagome was out the door and down the hall.

Sango stared at her phone. She figured Inuyasha was undercover, and at a rave that's probably a good idea. However, she wondered what could possibly go wrong at the rave except for the normal issues. She wasn't going to press the issue today, but next time she got him alone she was cornering him and questioning him about it.

-*-*-*-*-

“Lord Inuyasha, do you think it wise that you go undercover where I'll be? What if someone figures it out?” the little four armed flea demon remarked to Inuyasha in his penthouse. Myoga was wearing a dapper suit of black pinstripe and a bright red tie this evening, but the look of worry ruined the entire look.

“I need to make it look like I'm at the rave, but I need to gain Intel. Jinenji gave me a potion that is supposed to completely change my appearance. Apparently I'll look more western and I'll have a different voice,” Inuyasha explained, holding up two small vials of amber liquid. “One vial should last eight hours, but he warned that if I'm under too much stress, it could cut that time in half. So I'll be taking a second dose half way through the night.”

“What will your friends do if they realize there are two of you?” Myoga asked him calmly, trying to get out of doing this particular undercover.

“They won't, if you do what you're supposed to do. Look, I'm putting a locking spell on your transformation so that no matter what happens, you won't be able to run away and it'll completely mask your scent and make it my own.” With that, Inuyasha pulled out some ancient looking beads, a necklace. There were teeth interlaid with dark brown, heavy prayer beads.

“Isn't that the necklace of subjugation? Didn't Kikyo put that on you to make sure you didn't do anything stupid?” Myoga asked, causing Inuyasha's handsome features to turn dark.

“I found a powerful priestess several years ago who was able to make it so it makes transfiguration semi-permanent. So don't worry Myoga, after you do the transformation and I put these beads on you, you can't change back until I take them off you. Not even if you wanted to. Basically you'll permanently be me.”

Myoga looked even more worried now. “But what about you, Lord Inuyasha? What will you do to make sure yours doesn't wear off?”

Inuyasha smiled and pulled out a second necklace, but not as beautifully made as the first. This one was made of lapis lazuli, and while stunning, the beads lacked any luster and were very aged. “These belonged to a monk I knew in feudal times. Funny, they actually belonged to an ancestor of Miroku's who had a wind tunnel in his hand. They seal curses and spells, so putting these on anywhere will seal the transfiguration, but anyone can pull them off so they have to be well hidden,” he explained, touching the beads between his fingers. The ancient relic still held the spiritual power of the ancient monk, as he remembered meeting the monk. Like Miroku, they were both perverted and charming, but someone Inuyasha fought alongside several times. Part of why he had sought out Miroku in New York, unbeknownst to Miroku of course.

“I'll do the fight and before we go to the rave, you'll drink my blood and wear my fight clothes, I'll put the beads on you and I'll take my potion and put my beads on and we'll work from there. The beads will make it so that if I'm injured, my scent doesn't come with my blood and I can continue to be… Caleb? I think that's what Jinenji said I should go by. Anyway, my potion is supposed to last a total of 16 hours, minimally 8 hours. The beads just make sure that even if I'm near death, my body won't transfigure until the potion time limit is out.”

Myoga sighed in defeat. “I feel like this is not going to end well.”

Inuyasha smiled at Myoga. “It will work. Just avoid my friends at all costs, alright? Try to get information as best as you can, I'll be talking to demons and humans alike to see if there's any new rumors. Keep your ears peeled.”

He opened his closet and pulled out an old wrapped bundle. When he opened the old, tattered fabric, exposed was a bright red kimono.

“The robe of the fire rat?” Myoga asked, peering over his shoulder.

Inuyasha nodded. “They wanted us to dress in traditional garb tonight for the fight. Since Koga and I have been fighting each other for five hundred years, I figure it's appropriate.”

Inuyasha felt the fabric between his fingers. It's been a long time since he wore this particular robe. It protected him from several battles and has survived over half a century. He felt the coarseness of the fabric and realized just how difficult life was in the feudal times. He couldn't even imagine living like he did in those days. Cowering in trees and caves, the stars above his head guiding his way as he ran from ogres and demons alike. The nights he went hungry, the days of endless thirst. He shook his head. Life was far better now than it was back then.

“Come on,” Inuyasha stated, “I need to get to the club and start getting ready. You might want to go to your natural size.”

There was a loud “poof” and a moment later Myoga was no more than half an inch tall sitting on Inuyasha's shoulder. He jumped into his hair and they left the penthouse, plan in place.

-*-*-*-*-

Kagome, Sango and Miroku walked into the club to see that it was completely packed. They were shoulder to shoulder, wall to wall. Walking to the front towards the stage where the fight would take place was nearly impossible. Kagome was regretting her dress choice as more people rubbed against her.

She found a dress of Chinese red silk, but it was low cut and hugged every curve until flaring out a little past her hips, stopping mid-thigh with seams that opened up at her hip, so when she moved the right way, there was a risqué view of her bare hip and legs. Her legs were bare and she wore silk flats that matched the dress. The straps on the dress touched on the edge of her shoulders, causing a V-neck appearance that sank low into her cleavage, exposing a little more than she had anticipated. However, with all the looks she was getting, she figured she would probably get a few free drinks that night. Her hair was curled around her face and down her back, her eyes were touched lightly with a smoky accent and her lips had nothing more than cherry Chap Stick.

Sango, as per usual, was wearing her punk outfit for the club. Fishnets and garters showed under her extra short leather zip up skirt, a skull belly button ring, crop top with fishnet sleeves and low cut to show off her excellent cleavage. Her long legs were pulled into knee high lace up boots that had a six inch spike heel, making her legs appear abnormally long. Her hair was also curled and down, but her makeup was black eyeshadow, black eye liner, and bright red lipstick.

Miroku, for once, dressed to match Sango. He wore baggy pants with chains and straps on them, a tight black tank top, two gold hoops in each ear and his hair was spiked. While not as extreme as Sango went, one could easily tell that they came together. Kagome looked like the odd one out, she didn't look like she belonged in a fight club, and she looked like she was going to a nice dinner. They found their way to their seats, when Kagome realized that there was very few actual seats, for the most part it was standing room only.

“What's your poison? First round is on me,” Miroku yelled over the crowd.

“Gin and Tonic,” Sango yelled.

“Sex on the beach,” Kagome yelled.

Miroku ran off leaving Sango and Kagome alone.

“I have to say, I doubt Inuyasha will win this fight,” Sango stated, looking Kagome up and down.

“Why do you say that?”

“He's going to have a hard time concentrating on the fight with you in the front row. Especially with how low cut that dress is.”

Kagome blushed. “Do you think I should have worn something else?” she panicked.

Sango laughed. “Oh no, I think it's perfect. It's definitely more your style. Not for this club, but definitely more you. And it'll be great at the rave tonight.”

Miroku appeared a moment later handing the girls their drinks. “I must say Kagome, you look absolutely stunning, are you trying to distract Inuyasha from the fight?”

Kagome began to blush more. “I thought I'd dress to impress,” Kagome whispered, covering her face.

“I must say, she is very impressive,” a deep voice behind Kagome boasted.

Kagome turned to see a tall man with stunning blue eyes. His hair was jet black and tied into a high pony tail, a fur headband to hold back his messy hair. He wore a breast plate for armor, fur gauntlets on his arms, fur shoulder pads, and what looked like fur leg warmers and wraps on his feet. It almost appeared he was wearing a fur kilt that stopped mid-thigh and from the back of the kilt appeared to be a long, bushy brown tail.

“Hey Koga, what's with the outfit?” Sango asked, sniggering.

“Oh, we're supposed to fight in traditional garb to when we were at our peak. Wait until you see dog-breath. He looks completely ridiculous.”

“You mean you used to wear that every day?” Miroku said, astonished.

“Yeah, back when the wolf demons held the mountains in Northern Japan. Don't really dress like this anymore except for special occasions.”

A moment later a man dressed in all red came into her view. He was wearing a red kimono tucked into a pair of traditional red hakamas. His feet were bare. The kimono sleeves were different than what the modern kimonos looked, with slits showing the white robe underneath on the shoulders and the sleeves were long, nearly touching his knees. When Kagome finally looked at his face she nearly spit out her drink. There was Inuyasha, hair down, eyes sparkling, and a grin on his face.

“Oh my god,” Sango said, bursting into full blown laughter. Inuyasha glowered at her. Miroku laughed, patting Inuyasha hard on the back.

“I'm sorry, you should have warned us. You just look so…” Miroku trailed off.

“Believe it or not, princes would wear similar garb five hundred years ago.”

Koga laughed. “Yeah, but you're not a prince. I am, or was anyway.”

“Yeah but I can still kick your ass.”

“What'd you say, half-breed?”

“Need me to spell it out, you mangy wolf?!” Inuyasha yelled, fists clenched, ready to punch him.

“Why you son of a---,” Koga began to yell, but suddenly a tall man with silver hair stepped between them, holding both of the men back.

“Sesshoumaru, back out,” Inuyasha barked.

“Get in the ring, we'll start soon,” the man called Sesshoumaru said nonchalantly. He was half a head taller than Inuyasha, leaner in build, with the same eyes and same silver coloring of hair. However, that's where the resemblance ended. Sesshoumaru was paler than Inuyasha, his face showed absolutely no emotion. The markings on his face displayed that he was, most definitely, a demon. Two purple stripes on either side of his cheeks, and a crescent moon between his eyes. While Inuyasha's voice had a harshness to it, Sesshoumaru's was smooth as chocolate.

Sesshoumaru looked at Kagome closely. “You must be the one my brother is enamored with. Don't distract him.”

When he walked away, Miroku saw the confusion on Kagome's face.

“That's Sesshoumaru's older brother. They came to New York together. He's the club owner.”

Kagome's jaw dropped. “I had no idea he had a brother.”

“It's alright, he's not very open about that information. They've never gotten along well.”

A moment later an announcement was made about the fight starting in ten minutes, so everyone needed to get to their seats. Kagome sat in her seat, crossing her legs and sipping her drink. She was going to take it slow with the drink, hopefully not embarrass herself this time around.

A tall woman who looked no more than twenty years old wearing an orange and white checkered kimono stood on stage. Her hair had a partial pony tail and her eyes were bright, a very happy go lucky smile on her face. “Greetings and welcome to Taisho's Dog Den! This is the Semi-Final Match between two of Japan's most notorious Demon Fighters!

“In this corner, we have the leader of the Wolf Demon Tribe of the Hida Mountains! During Feudal Times, he was the most feared of the Wolf Demon clan! Give it up for Koga!”

The room roared in applause, whistles and screams. Koga appeared in a puff of smoke, looking smug.

“And this corner we have the son of the Lord of the Western Lands from the Early Edo period! Born to a human princess, living in exile through feudal times and the final destroyer of the Shikon No Tama, we have Inuyasha!”

The crowd roared, making the room deafening. The lights went out and a moment later the lights turned to the center of the stage where Inuyasha was floating down, his fangs showing and his eyes glowing. Kagome could see that his claws were fully extended, as well as faint purple stripes appeared on his face.

“All right guys, I want a clean fight. Winner continues to the final match at the Thunder Brothers next week.”

Both men glared at each other, the purple stripes completely gone now. Kagome wondered if they were a figment of her imagination.

“Shake hands,” the woman demanded. They shook hands, and the woman ran out of the ring, landing near Kagome. “NOW FIGHT!”

As soon as their hands broke, Inuyasha swiped his claws with yellow light emitting from them, nearly catching Koga. Koga was fast, far too fast for Kagome to follow. She tried to follow their movements but it was proving nearly impossible.

Ten minutes went by when the bell sounded, both men returning to their corners. Both guys had blood either from their noses or their mouths, but they healed so quickly that by the time the second round started, their wounds were mostly healed.

“I didn't know demons could heal so quickly,” Kagome commented.

“They can't, but they have Jinenji's potions,” Miroku whispered as Inuyasha was able to kick Koga right in the face, knocking him to the edge of the ring.

“Jinenji?” Kagome asked.

“He's another half demon who's particularly gifted with medicinal herbs. When demons came out of hiding, the first thing that happened is that medicines drastically improved. He knows mixtures to cure nearly any ailment. Super nice guy, he lives in Brooklyn.”

Kagome was astonished at how quickly Koga and Inuyasha were able to get up after falling down. Inuyasha never touched the ground, it seemed. As soon as he should have landed, he would catch himself on his hands and do a flip into the air, landing on his feet.

What was the most amusing though, were the insults. Every now and then you would hear the guys yell something along the lines of, “IS THAT ALL YOU GOT, YOU MANGY WOLF?!” “A LITTLE GIRL COULD KICK YOUR ASS DOG BREATH!”

Their taunts were the source of a lot of laughs. Kagome noticed that two seats down from here was the announcer. A very pretty young woman, but something seemed off about her as well.

“Who was the announcer?” Kagome whispered to Miroku, who looked over at the young woman.

“Oh, that's Rin. Sesshoumaru's mate.”

“She looks human,” Kagome commented.

“You would be correct in assuming that. Sesshoumaru's a full demon and he has the wonderful ability to give part of his soul to a human. He gave it to Rin so that she would only die if he were to die. As long as she's not fatally harmed. He keeps a very close eye on her.”

Kagome's jaw dropped. “Can Inuyasha do that?”

Miroku thought about it. “I'm not sure, to be honest. Might be a full demon thing. But he adopted Rin when she was orphaned sometime in the Edo. She's a delight. Sweetest woman I've ever met.”

Kagome continued to stare at Rin, who had a worried look on her face. She was biting on her bottom lip watching the men. Kagome realized just how tiny she was, no more than five foot. Shapely, but absolutely tiny.

The bell for the second round finished and Inuyasha was in far worse shape. Blood was gushing from his nose and his eye was bruised. His silver hair was stained with blood. Kagome ran up to his corner to see his assistant washing the blood off his face with a green liquid. It cleared up the blood but the bruise was swelling to close his eye.

“Inuyasha are you all right?!” Kagome half screamed. Inuyasha turned to look at her and smiled.

“I will be if you kiss me,” he said in a soft voice.

“What?” she gasped.

“Kiss me, it'll make the potion work more efficiently,” he whispered. He looked like he was about to pass out.

“Inuyasha, I think your ribs are broken,” the assistant said, poking his ribs. Inuyasha gave a sharp intake of breath. “You may have to concede to the match.”

“No way, I'll work through it,” Inuyasha mumbled. Trying to get up, he sucked in sharply, his hand going over his stomach.

“Wait!” Kagome said, she pulled herself in the ring and grabbed Inuyasha's face, kissing him. She could feel how warm his face was, how hot his breath was. His hand slid up into her hair, pulling her down to kiss him more deeply. There was a silence across the club, as he stood and pulled her into his arms. Her arms moved to wrap around his neck, both of them temporarily oblivious to the world.

When the kiss broke, she saw that he was grinning.

“Fooled you,” he whispered. He kissed her lightly on the nose and pushed her aside forcefully, nearly knocking her down. Tears threatened to fall, but she willed them back. Inuyasha stepped into the center of the ring. When Kagome looked at the assistant, a woman with red hair and green eyes, she winked at Kagome and hopped out of the ring.

“You done putting on a show, dog breath?” Koga spat.

Kagome was stunned and humiliated. She looked down and saw that there was no blood or anything on her dress, at least. She climbed down into her seat and covered her face, hiding her anger.

“Who ever said it was a show?” Inuyasha yelled. The bell rang and Inuyasha dug his claws into his arm. “BLADES OF BLOOD!”

Red blades raced through the air, pelting Koga, covering him in cuts and knocking him out.

“KNOCK OUT!” Rin screamed into the microphone. She climbed into the ring and held up Inuyasha's bloodied hand. “INUYASHA WILL CONTINUE TO THE FINALS!”

The crowd roared with approval. The sound was deafening. Inuyasha looked to the front row and saw Kagome giving him a dark look. His stomach sank, but his goal was attained. She would avoid him for the rest of the night.

Inuyasha returned to his dressing room, seeing Myoga hiding in a cup.

“I'll take a quick shower and we'll get this plan on a roll,” Inuyasha whispered quietly. He went to the back of the room and washed down quickly, returning to the room with an angry Sango waiting for him. He was only wearing a towel around his waist.

“Mind explaining to me what the hell you did to Kagome?” Sango hissed. Her arms were crossed over her chest and her feet were in a defensive stance. She had fire in her eyes and a scowl that would make any person cower.

“I'll explain everything later, but you need to leave,” Inuyasha snapped.

“Do you have any idea how much she liked you?!” Sango yelled.

“I do, but now is not the time! GET OUT!” Inuyasha screamed, shoving Sango out of the room and slamming the door. Myoga jumped onto Inuyasha's shoulder and bit down, sucking a substantial amount of blood. When Myoga was nearly quadrupled in size from the amount of blood, Inuyasha finally shooed him away.

Another “poof” and before Inuyasha stood a perfect copy of himself. Inuyasha threw him a pair of ripped jeans with chains dangling from the pockets.

“What about boxers?” Myoga asked, staring at the jeans.

“That's in case the ladies want a show tonight. Have fun with it.”

Myoga gave him a dark look and put the jeans on, which hung low, exposing the muscular abs and perfect “v”. Inuyasha pulled out the beads of subjugation and put them over Myoga's head.

Myoga tried to take them off but they flashed white once they reached his chin, causing a look of panic.

“You weren't kidding,” he exclaimed. “Do you think I need a shirt?”

Inuyasha shook his head. “No, just show off and be a total jerk to everyone tonight. And act smug, as if you won a tournament.”

Myoga smiled, showing off the newly acquired fangs. “Oh fear not, I will.”

Inuyasha pulled out the vials of amber liquid and drank both of them. He felt his stomach hurt for a moment and suddenly felt his body transform. His hair shortened to a mullet that was bright red, his skin took on a pale, pinkish hue and his eyes turned a bright green. His ears turned into normal, human ears and he grew about six inches. Inuyasha looked into the mirror at himself and the reflection of a young man covered in freckles and crooked teeth looked back.

“I must say,” Inuyasha said in a voice that was far deeper than his normal tone, “Jinenji knows his stuff.”

He pulled out the Lapis prayer beads and wrapped them around his left forearm. He pulled on a baggy t-shirt and dark jeans. He found a pair of flip flops and slipped them on with a pair of dark rimmed glasses. There was a bottle of hair gel on the table next to him, so he spiked up his hair.

“How do I look?” Inuyasha asked his clone.

“You look like you need an ass beating,” replied Myoga.

“Perfect, Jinenji did his job then. Let's get going. You leave first, I'll follow in about twenty minutes.”

“Inuyasha, be careful,” Myoga muttered, entering the club as the victor, arms up. “BOW DOWN TO THE MASTER!”

Inuyasha fiddled with his new red hair for a few more minutes, counting down until he went into the club. He sighed. This could be very dangerous. After twenty minutes he walked into the club that was nearly empty, walking down the streets of Harlem until he arrived at the abandoned warehouse hosting the rave.

He walked in and grabbed a red solo cup, drinking the bitter brew. He was never a fan of gin, but the taste helped relax him as he walked around. He was told that only high stress affected the potion, so he figured that alcohol shouldn't be an issue. He didn't see either of the thunder brothers, thankfully, nor did he smell any suspect demons. After an hour, he didn't even hear anything interesting. Mostly people getting wasted, passing around joints, dancing to the music that was far louder than Inuyasha could tolerate. He looked to his right and saw Kagome with a drink in her hand, laughing and grinding against a young guy. The guy was blonde and obviously fit. His hand was on Kagome's leg, sliding up her thigh to her exposed hip, his lips on her neck as she moved her hips to the music.

He felt jealousy rise up in his stomach, he wanted to shout at Kagome, to drag her away, but he knew that any recognition of her would blow his cover. He saw Sango and Miroku nearby dancing similarly, but making out as she ground her hips into his. He rolled his eyes and continued walking, when suddenly his nose picked up something.

It was Kagome's scent, but it suddenly changed. He traced his way back and saw the guy with his arms wrapped around Kagome, as if he were making out with her, but what he noticed was that her body was limp. He was slowly dragging her off the dance floor, trying to look natural. To those around him, it would look fairly natural, but while she wasn't completely passed out, he could see that she was barely conscious. He concentrated on her scent and realized that she had LSD in her system.

He felt his blood boil. He discretely followed the guy to see that Kagome was put in a back room, where the guy came out, locked the door behind him and brushed off his clothes.

The scent of a particularly pungent demon came to his nostrils. He almost puked at the smell. This particular demon's aura was difficult to bear as well. Intertwined with it was also the smell of Hiten, the owner of the Thunder Brother's.

His lead was correct. He pulled out a small camera and put it on his shirt so that everything would be recorded. He walked over to the door, careful to make sure nobody was watching, pressing his ear against it.

“I don't know what you're worried about,” a woman's voice mulled. “This girl here is exactly what he's looking for. Did you taste her? I've never tasted a girl so sweet. She's almost like candy and her blood is making the LSD stronger. I'm hardly able to function right now.”

“It's going to be hard to smuggle her away,” the voice of Hiten said. Inuyasha felt his blood boil. “I think I heard that the half-breed fighter has a thing for this one.”

“It's taken care of, the half-breed is otherwise occupied with another right now.”

Inuyasha wondered what Myoga could be up to, but he didn't have time to find out. He heard footsteps coming closer to the door. He ran around the corner so that the demon wouldn't find him.

Hiten opened the door and looked around. “I could have sworn I smelled a human near by….” Hiten muttered.

“I wouldn't' worry about it. He was probably looking for a bathroom. Let's get these women loaded up, and get the information on this one particularly. Make sure she won't be missed as much as we think.”

“Yes, Kagura.”

He heard the door close again and Inuyasha made his way back to the door, hearing another door close from the other side of the room. Inuyasha tried the door and found it locked. He looked around and listened, making sure nobody would hear him, and he put all of his strength into the door, kicking it open.

Two women lay on the floor in the room. Kagome and a red headed girl. Kagome's eyes were half open and she was moaning, trying to move her arms but they were flailing around unresponsively.

“Are you here to take us to the rabbit hole?” Kagome said dreamily, reaching out to him

Inuyasha stared at her, her dress was disarrayed. He didn't smell any other foul play but the drugs, but he may have come just in time for these girls. He picked up Kagome and threw her over his shoulder and pulled up the other girl into his arms. He looked around to make sure nobody saw him, sneaking his way around the room and looking for an exit. He found one without being spotted and made his way through the alleys.

The girl in his arms flailed quite a bit, making it difficult to carry both women. He got frustrated, worried that Hiten and that Kagura women would come back for them. Then another smell hit his nose, Kagome had lost consciousness. They had given her too much. She was overdosing.

He began to panic. He pulled out his phone and thought about calling the police, but it might jeoparadize his complete undercover assignment. He stared at his phone and decided to call Miroku.

Miroku answered on the second call, he could hear the rave in the background. “Inuyasha, now is not a great time, we can't find Kagome---“

“I have Kagome,” Inuyasha said in his disguise voice. Miroku was silent for a moment.

“Who is this?” Miroku asked in a panicked voice.

“Go to the alley on 7th and 128th, bring Sango and if you can, bring a damn cab.” Inuyasha hung up, knowing that Sango and Miroku would panic. The other girl was just high as high goes, not overdosing, but Kagome was conscious again, moving around.

“I can fly…” she said softly, trying to climb onto a garbage can. Inuyasha pulled her down by her waist, where she turned and wrapped her legs around his waist.

“I bet you're a Pegasus and you could take me to the moon,” she sang, giggling and reaching her arms around. The look on her face was that of someone who was going back and forth between a nightmare and a pleasant dream. “I'm unlovable you know,” she said to Inuyasha as she slid down his legs, landing on the ground with a loud thud. Her legs stayed open, exposing her panties.

“You're not unlovable,” Inuyasha told her, wishing Miroku would hurry up.

“It's true, I am,” she said as she started crying. “My family died and left me penniless, I moved here to start fresh and the only guy I like is a total jerk. I saw him at the rave you know,” she mentioned, fully sobbing now.

Inuyasha looked at her. She started wailing. “He was kissing another girl and told me to get a life!” This only lasted for a minute, then she stood up and tried to climb the brick wall. “I bet I could be spiderman.”

The other girl started to move around. “Why is everything ty-dye? Oh my god, that girl is melting! SAVE HER!” She jumped up and tackled Kagome, making Inuyasha pin them both down in the alley. Kagome started to lose consciousness again, a severe amount of drool coming from her mouth. She started to claw at her arm until she was bleeding.

“THE BUGS ARE EVERYWHERE! THE BUGS ARE EVERYWHERE!” Kagome screamed, sobbing as Inuyasha restrained her arms. She started to try to rip out her hair as she was sobbing, kicking him several times. The other girl just played with her toes giggling.

A cab pulled up and Miroku and Sango ran out of the car. The scene was a disaster One girl was playing with her toes while singing “once upon a dream,” while the other girl was being physically restrained and screaming, and the guy restraining them was huge.

Miroku pulled Inuyasha off of him and punched him in the face. “Who the hell are you?!”

“It's me you idiot, I have a concealment spell on,” Inuyasha barked. He held up the lapis beads on his arm. Miroku recognized the beads from Inuyasha's house. “Quick, we have to get these girls to Jinenji, he has a treatment for them. Kagome is starting to overdose.”

Sango tried to grab Kagome but Kagome was clawing at her face, causing Sango to bleed.

“YOU'RE MELTING AND THE BUGS ARE EVERYWHERE!” Kagome sobbed, kicking and flailing everywhere. Her arms were completely caked in blood, her legs were scratched and tears were rolling down her face as she started to foam at the mouth in complete hysteria.

Inuyasha was able to restrain her arms again as he dragged her into the cab, where Kagome continued to scream in anguish. The cab driver looked at them in complete disbelief.

“Take us to Brooklyn, Verona Street in Red Hook,” Inuyasha snapped as Miroku carried the other girl into the car. She was now trying to catch imaginary fireflies.

The cab driver started to drive, but slowly, looking back at the people in the car. Finally, Inuyasha pulled out his wallet and threw four hundred dollars on the seat. “Get us there fast.”

The cab driver stepped on it, running lights and within ten minutes, they had arrived. The cab driver looked scared for the girls.

“It's okay, we're helping them. I know it looks strange, but I promise, we're helping them,” Inuyasha said as he dragged a sobbing Kagome who was just now in a ball on the floor, shaking and asking for death. He saw that her face was flushed and her eyes were fully dilated.

The group walked two blocks until they found what looked like an abandoned warehouse. Inuyasha went to a side door while dragging Kagome and walked in to be greeted with black lights and rows upon rows of medicinal herbs.

A large demon with dark brown skin and covered in scars saw them enter. He had large, blue eyes, a face similar to the shape of a bull's, a low pony tail and was easily 9 feet tall. He had three fingers on each hand, if you can call them that, that were covered in the dark earth he was currently cultivating.

“Jinenji,” Inuyasha panted, dragging the crying Kagome and the blonde girl. “These girls were given LSD, a lot of it. Kagome is overdosing--,”

He didn't have to say anymore. Jinenji was running to the otherside of the warehouse going through hundreds of bottles of herbs. He found one extract and brought it over to the girls.

“I need you to open your mouth,” Jinenji said softly. His voice was soothing, quiet, like a mother shushing her baby. Kagome stopped sobbing and looked at him wide eyed, slowly opening her mouth. Jinenji put a couple of drops in her mouth and Kagome instantly fell limp in his arms.

“What did you do?!” Sango screamed, lunging at Jinenji. Inuyasha grabbed the back of her shirt and pulled her away.

“It neutralizes the chemicals in her body and puts her to sleep. Don't worry though, she'll have pleasant dreams. Now you, my dear, what is your name?”

“It's Wendy, I think,” said the girl. Her gold sequin dress was covered in dirt and Kagome's blood.

“Alright Wendy, open your mouth,” Jinenji said softly, his eyes flashing bright blue for a second. She smiled and opened her mouth willingly. He put two drops in her mouth and she collapsed, falling asleep instantly.

“Inuyasha, take the beads off and I'll reverse the disguise for you,” Jinenji said. Inuyasha put the beads in his pocket and Jinenji handed him a sugar cube. Inuyasha felt the cube dissolve and felt his stomach hurt once more, feeling his height go down and his hair grow. After a moment the transformation was complete.

“What the hell is going on, Inuyasha,” Sango half shouted. Jinenji jumped at her voice.

“Would you like something to calm you? I have something that would ease your burdens,” Jinenji stated, pointing to the green herb that so many students sought after.

“I do not need to get high right now!” Sango roared. Jinenji jumped and moved a few feet away.

“Inuyasha, what the hell just happened?” Miroku yelled. His voice was angry as well.

Inuyasha ran his fingers through his hair, he was so frustrated. Jinenji went back to his medicine cabinet and found tinctures for Kagome's arms. He picked up Kagome gently and brought her to the nearby table, washing off the dried blood and calming the wounds.

“I heard that at the Thunder Brother's, they're kidnapping girls to feed to a demon visiting the City next week,” Inuyasha admitted. “I had a lead that they were going to drug girls at the rave to see if they could find a girl that the guy would approve of. Either Kagome or this girl, Wendy? Anyway, one of them is a perfect match.”

“They were going to kill them?!” Sango screamed. Jinenji jumped at Sango's shrill scream.

“No, demons get high off human blood tainted with drugs. Most demons like blood with heroin in it, but the humans have to get high off of it first. However, LSD has similar results,” he said, looking at the sleeping Kagome.

“Has this been going on long?” Miroku asked.

“For a while, but it was mostly homeless drug addicts who would get paid for their blood, who would buy the drugs from the people buying their blood so they'd never leave the dens. Apparently the Thunder Brothers were tasked with finding a perfect specimen for the diplomat visiting. The diplomat likes young girls who are inexperienced drug users. Considering the overdose Kagome just went through, I'm assuming that they're looking at her more than the other girl,” Inuyasha confessed. “I was undercover tonight to see if the rumors were true. I got some evidence, but not enough to put the thunder brothers away.”

“That's why you asked me to go undercover for you,” Sango stated. Miroku went completely still.

“Yeah, but that's also why I was relieved when you said no,” Inuyasha countered. Miroku chose this moment to punch Inuyasha square in the jaw.

Inuyasha wasn't expecting it and he was knocked on the ground. He wiped the blood from his mouth. “What the hell is your problem?”

“You were going to risk this happening to Sango?! ARE YOU INSANE?” Miroku screamed.

“WELL SHE DIDN'T SO DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!” Inuyasha yelled back.

Sango's eyes went wide. “Wait,” she lowered her voice to a very low whisper. “Aren't you worried about Jinenji hearing about it?”

“No,” Inuyasha said normally. “He's on the same taskforce as me. Mostly he provides me and the other guy with potions and advice about how to go about it. He's the most reliable person in the city.”

Jinenji smiled at the remark as he finished wrapping the bandages around Kagome's arms.

“She'll wake up in a few hours. You may want to take her home.”

“What about Wendy?” Miroku asked, staring at the girl sleeping on the floor.

“I'll take care of her. She lives nearby, I've seen her before,” Jinenji responded. He picked up Wendy and brought her to his cot, covering her with a blanket. Inuyasha pulled out his phone and texted Myoga.

Get out of there and meet me at the penthouse in thirty minutes.

Inuyasha was about to pick up Kagome, but Jinenji stopped him.

“You're still at the rave, right?” Jinenji asked Inuyasha.

Miroku and Sango exchanged confused looks. Inuyasha nodded and Jinenji handed him a blue vial. “That'll get you one hour. Put the beads on, the beads will give you another thirty minutes as needed.”

Inuyasha drank the blue potion and he turned into the tall red-head once more. He wrapped the beads around his wrist and picked up Kagome, who snuggled into his chest.

“You guys go back to the dorms. I'll explain everything to Kagome. Don't breathe a word to anybody,” Inuyasha emphasized.

Miroku and Sango nodded, unsure of what to make of the situation.

They left in separate cabs, Inuyasha carrying Kagome up the stairs to his penthouse. Myoga was waiting for him in the living room.

“What happened to the girl, Lord Inuyasha?” Myoga exclaimed. Inuyasha reached over and pulled the beads off of Myoga. In a quick “poof,” Myoga transformed into a small man with four arms once more. Inuyasha pulled the beads off and felt the potion wear off instantly.

“My hunch was right. She's in danger. Go home, I'll explain everything to her.”

Myoga bowed to Inuyasha, seeing himself out.

Inuyasha laid Kagome on his bed, putting a blanket over her.

He had a long talk ahead of him in the morning.

Author's note: I'm sorry if my depiction of an LSD overdose is so weird. I looked it up online and I was a little confused, so I guessed my way through. I hope you liked it! MOAR COMMENTS=MOAR CHAPTERS

Xoxo

-Rinlover