InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Demonology ❯ History Lesson and The Wind Sorceress ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Author's Note: Writing bug has bitten me! I think my story is moving a bit fast, so I'm trying to slow it down a bit. But this story has been so much fun to flesh out. Please leave a comment so I know what to improve on.

Disclaimer: The characters in Inuyasha belong to none other than Rumiko Takahashi.

The food arrived and the party was still in total silence as the sushi was passed around from person to person. Kagome felt like a complete outsider. Sango and Miroku felt completely awkward. Inuyasha barely spoke.

“So, Inuyasha, how have the fights been going?” Miroku asked, trying to break some tension.

Inuyasha shrugged. “Pretty good. Won my last fight, I'll be going into the semi-finals next week to end out the season.”

They all nodded in acknowledgement. More awkward silence followed. Kagome wanted to leave, bury her head in her pillow, and forget that she had ever met the dog demon. No matter how many visual ques she gave Sango though, Sango didn't seem to take the hint. She just wanted to be rid of the dog demon once and for all and just live a normal life in New York.

Ha! Your life will NEVER be normal! Kagome thought to herself. Okay, somewhat normal. Away from dating demons.

But the true question was… did Kagome really want to not date demons? She couldn't help the attraction she felt towards Inuyasha, whether it be a trick of hormones or actual, psychological connection.

The food was finished, and Inuyasha pulled out the sake barrel and poured each person a glass. The smell was sweet, but from the first sip Kagome could tell that this was strong liquor, not even really wine anymore. She gave Sango another look of desperation, practically begging her to leave, mouthing to her when the guys weren't looking, asking to leave. Sango would just stare at her as if she were confused and say something off hand to suggest they stay longer.

“I propose we play a drinking game,” Miroku stated, breaking the silence once more. “I think Truth or Dare is in order!”

Kagome's eyes grew wide. Oh no… They were never going to leave.

“Fine, I'll go first! Sango, truth or dare?” Inuyasha half shouted, his playfulness slowly returning.

“Hmm… I think I'll go with truth.”

“Oh come on, you never back down from a challenge,” Miroku cooed, which caused Sango to lightly hit him.

“Okay, how old were you when you lost your virginity?” Inuyasha asked slyly. Sango felt her cheeks redden. “Oh come off it, I know you're not a virgin. If you refuse to answer, you have to have three cups of sake, if you do answer, I'll drink.”

“I was fourteen,” Sango confessed, bursting into giggles. They all gaped at her. “It was terrible. I didn't do it again until college. Alright, my turn. Kagome! Truth or dare!”

Kagome blushed. She finished the second cup of sake and felt the warmth spread through her. Inuyasha watched her intently as he downed his three cups of Sake with contempt. She was feeling adventurous. “I'll take the dare.”

Sango and Miroku smiled. “Alright Kagome… Have you ever played seven minutes in heaven?”

Kagome started to giggle. “I've heard of it, but never played it.”

Sango stood up and left the room for a moment, returning with a red sash and tied it around Kagome's eyes. “Inuyasha, you're playing with her.”

He began to turn red. “Why me?”

Sango gave him a dark look and he began to pout. “So Kagome, you and Inuyasha are going to be locked in this room here,” Sango said as she led Kagome to the back bedroom. “We're going to lock you in for seven minutes and when your time is up, we're going to open the door and you have to tell us what you did, deal?”

Kagome was feeling nervous, and while this sounded like a dangerous idea, she couldn't help but feel excited. The carnal desire was beginning to rise up once more. She had just determined this man was dangerous to her and was trying to find a way to never see him again, yet she was now being forced into a bedroom with him, alcohol in her system to give her bravery, and a warmth in her stomach that was directly tied to the man standing in front of her. She didn't know how well she could restrain herself, yet at the same time, how much restraint could he show? Every type of thought ran through her head, causing her face to redden and nervous energy sprouting from every pore in her body.

Inuyasha followed them in and stood a few inches in front of Kagome. Inuyasha stared at her in awe, her eyes covered and she was biting her bottom lip. Oh, how he wanted to kiss those lips again. The chit was driving him insane. Her scent spiked to show anxiety and arousal, which, surprisingly nearly cancelled each other out. Nearly.

Sango walked out and pulled the door shut, setting the timer on her phone for twenty five minutes. She felt herself giggle at herself. She knew that if she left them alone together long enough, something might happen. As long as Sango had known Inuyasha, he had never really shown interest in a girl like he did Kagome. He dated and slept around a bit, sure, but never anything more than a one night stand here and there, and even those were rare.

Miroku looked at the timer on her phone as she sat down next to him. “Twenty five?” Miroku whispered.

“Twenty five. They need to talk and seven minutes won't be nearly enough time.”

Miroku smiled and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. “So, what should we do during this twenty five minutes in heaven?”

He nuzzled her neck, leaving a trail of kisses down her ear to her shoulder. She let out a soft sigh, lowering her face to meet his and placed a kiss on his lips.

“I could barricade the door and we could have our way here?” she whispered, causing a grin to touch Miroku's lips.

He kissed her once more. “Or we could just leave and let what happen, happen.”

She stood up and grabbed her purse, reaching her hand out to his. As she turned holding his hands, she made sure there was a nice swing in her hips, tantalizing his prize if he were to follow the vixen before him. The look in her eyes promised a night of heated sighs and unfathomable pleasure, something he knew she was more than capable of.

“They'll be fine,” she whispered, as he kissed her once more, pulling her close to ensure she felt his excitement. She let out a giggle as the elevator door opened and they entered, unable to release their mouths, surrendering to their carnal desire as the elevator doors closed.

Meanwhile in Inuyasha's bedroom, Kagome stood facing Inuyasha, wringing her hands in nervous anticipation. She felt like a teenager. She knew she couldn't do anything. She wanted to, her body was aching for him, but she knew he was dangerous. She knew that being with him would destroy her heart.

Inuyasha stood in front of her, stepping closer, watching her hands play idly in nervous anticipation. The scent of her arousal touched his nose and he bit back his moan. The vixen was such a sinful morsel that he knew he would never be able to stop tasting. He knew that he could take her to new heights and make her scream his name over and over. He knew that if they both caved into their desires, their physical needs, that they would be nothing more than sweaty bodies tangled in wet sheets, hearing nothing but each others panting breaths and ringing ears. The thought alone of her tangled in his sheets, breathless from his touch left him in a compromising predicament. Thank god she was blind folded. He took a few nervous breaths to calm the heat in his loins, feeling his excitement contained.

He reached up and pulled off the scarf covering Kagome's eyes, letting it fall to the floor so she could see clearly. He was merely inches away from her face, where he could see her eyes were dilated, hardly showing the natural brown color. He could feel her breath on his face, the heat from her breath tickling his face. He let out a deep sigh, calming his own nerves.

“Uh, I think Sango and Miroku just left,” Inuyasha whispered, stepping back. He felt his control lessen a little bit, thinking of them alone in his bedroom, no intrusion of privacy, exactly what he needed to make her scream.

Kagome's eyes suddenly changed. “They what?” She wasn't registering what he was saying.

“They wanted the night to themselves and thought we'd want the same thing,” he explained. He turned and scratched his head, willing himself to cast her scent from his mind.

“Why would they assume that?” she asked. She was beginning to hate herself for saying that.

“Because I like you, and I'm assuming you like me.”

He looked up and met her gaze, their eye contact unwavering.

“There's some chemistry between us, if that's what you mean,” she admitted sheepishly.

“Some?” he said, laughing. The tension was lifting, giving Kagome a little more courage.

“It's dangerous, you have to know that,” she stated. He laughed and opened the door to his bedroom to look into the living room.

“Yeah, they're gone. Let's get out of this room so you're not so nervous.” He decided to ignore her last comment. He didn't give a damn if their relationship was dangerous. He wanted her, and he had to restrain himself because she was so damn innocent.

She walked out of the bedroom slowly where Inuyasha poured her another cup of sake. He poured one for himself and held up his cup. “Kenpai,” he said, downing the glass like a shot. She drank her sake as well, feeling the warmth run through her body.

“I know it's really late and Sango and Miroku will be getting it on in your dorm, so if you want, you can stay the night here. I'll sleep on the couch and you can take the bed if you want.”

Kagome's eyes widened. “They'll be what?”

Inuyasha's eyes widened. “Didn't you know? They've been dating for two years.”

“I had no idea…” She thought about it and it made sense. How often they hung out together, how he looked at her…

She sat in silence for a moment and he refilled her sake. She looked at it questioningly. “It goes bad if it sits out, so let's try to finish it. Slowly. I promise to be on my best behavior.”

She shrugged and help up her cup. “Kenpai,” she said before downing the sake.

“I feel like I made things awkward with your question earlier,” Inuyasha began to explain, but Kagome stopped him.

“It's okay, you don't have to explain, it was a long time ago,” she said, but the curiosity was eating her up. She was dying to know.

“No but I want to explain,” he said. She sat down and he sat down on the other end of the couch his arm draped over the back and his leg up on the cushion between them.

“It was in the feudal days of Japan, which I'm sure you know a little bit about,” he began to explain. She just watched him intently, which he figured was safe to continue. “She was a Shinto priestess who was guarding the Higurashi shrine, which I know you've heard of.”

“That was my family's shrine before coming to America,” she said in surprise.

“I recognized your name instantly. Anyway, she was a guardian in the village with immense spiritual powers that, to date, I have never seen replicated. She was forced into being a priestess because she showed no fear and her powers were great, but she only longed for one thing… To be normal. You can see why we hit it off so well,” he smiled at the memory, as if he were back in the shrine with this priestess. “She pinned me to the same tree, probably a hundred times. Do you know if the God's tree is still there?”

Kagome thought about it. “I visited the shrine when I was 12 and there was this huge tree in the center of the shrine. Is that the one?”

He nodded. “I haven't been back to Japan since I moved here, but I've been meaning to see how it's changed. Anyway, we started out as enemies but one day she asked me to join her. I think she was meditating, and she looked so incredibly sad. I remember her smiling at me when I spoke with her, and it became an everyday thing. Soon we were battling demons together, she would introduce me to the village children. Then one day, she kissed me.”

There was a moment of silence while he smiled at the memory. “It was terrible. It was the first time either of us had been kissed. But we had to keep our love secret, so at night she would sneak out to see me in the forest. The romance was bittersweet. We made love once,” he added sheepishly, causing jealousy to rise in Kagome, but she had to remind herself that this was centuries before she was born. “However, that was pretty terrible too. Both of us virgins.”

There was silence for a moment as he remembered the priestess beneath the stars. They were both so nervous and clumsy. The smile vanished and he continued, “She was killed by a strong demon not too long after that.”

“How was she killed if she was so strong?” Kagome asked, pouring herself and Inuyasha another cup of sake.

He drank the sake and put the cup down. “A virgin has far stronger spiritual powers. After we… well, you get the idea. She lost a lot of her spiritual power and a demon she would have easily slayed with one arrow was hardly hurt when she hit it and it struck her. I finished it off but she died later that day.”

She saw his eyes grow watery. “You really loved her, didn't you?” Kagome whispered.

He wiped his eyes. “Yeah, first love is always the hardest. I actively avoided humans up until the 1800s when the westerners began industrializing Japan. I came to America shortly after World War two, straight here to New York, where I've been ever since.”

“So why the sudden interest in me?” Kagome asked him. He looked up and looked her right in the eyes. For a moment, Inuyasha saw the priestess's eyes stare back at him. He could hardly distinguish between the girl in front of him and the priestess he loved centuries ago. Their smells were nearly identical, while they looked slightly different, he wondered if she was a reincarnate. Both of them were lonely like he was, and seeing a woman who had suffered as he had made him feel less lonely in the world.

“No clue,” he lied. “You have a kindness about you, as well as a sadness, that makes me realize just how lonely I've been in the recent years.”

Kagome stared at her empty cup. Her hands were resting in her lap, and she felt awful. He had suffered so much loneliness in the past, and she was trying to push him away. Right now she wanted to wrap her arms around him and wish the pain away. “What was her name?”

Inuyasha was quiet for a moment. When Kagome was sure he wasn't going to respond, he replied in a very soft, almost ghostly voice. “Kikyo.”

“What a beautiful name,” Kagome said, trying to hide her jealousy.

He smiled. “She was incredibly beautiful.”

They didn't speak any more that night, and after the sake was finished Inuyasha let Kagome to his room. He grabbed a few blankets for himself and closed the door behind him, leaving Kagome alone in his bedroom.

She fell asleep almost instantly, the scent of pine and musk bringing her dreams of feudal times.

Inuyasha lay awake on the couch, staring up at the ceiling. He thought about Kikyo, remembering how beautiful their love had been, but how forbidden it was. A demon and a priestess, the most unfateful of lovers. He remembered holding her as she died. The kiss she placed on his lips, her whispers, saying, “I'll find you in my next life,” before passing away. He remembered seeing her soul decent into the darkness above him, the stars never twinkling so brightly.

He remembered the first time he met Kagome at the bar, he could smell Kagome's scent and he swore he smelled Kikyo that first time he met her. He remembered actively seeking out the woman, only to find a young girl wearing a ridiculous outfit of fishnets and leather. As he got closer he realized that her scent was slightly different, as well as her looks. He remembered that seeing her was almost a disappointment, but he realized that this woman was not a woman he was going to let go so easily. He had been pining for Kikyo for centuries. No woman captivated his heart like Kikyo had. He had loved no woman like he had loved Kikyo. For centuries he traveled Japan, searching for her incarnate. He gave up finally and moved to New York, trying to move on with his life. After fifty years of having lost hope, he finds a woman who, for the most part, has captivated his heart like Kikyo had.

He wondered if he had finally found his soul mate once more, after hundreds of years of searching. He let his eyes grow heavy, thoughts of the priestess in the moonlight, as he remembered her best, clouding his mind as he fell into a deep sleep.

-*-*-*-*-

The Thunder Brother's Fights and Lights was a notorious fight club in the heart of the Bronx. The outside of it was run down and prostitutes wandering the streets looking for easy cash was a common sight. The streets were dirty, the liquor flowed like rivers. There was nothing but sin in the air.

A tall man with black hair and pointed ears walked down the street wearing a formal business suit. His braid fell nearly to his knees and his bangs were messy. The almond shaped eyes would make a person think he was Asian, but the red eyes gave away his demon heritage. He looked almost completely human except for his eyes, which no matter what he did, he could not get the color to change.

Not that he wanted to, of course, but it would be easier to lure people into his club if he looked more human. He stood on a particular street corner, looking at the prostitutes across the street from him. Most of them were human, since human prostitutes could get a pretty good price from desperate demons who wanted to taste a human, just the one time. Many of them had half demon children who would crowd the streets during the day, some of them beautiful specimens of both human and demon ancestry, while others looked like horrid beasts.

The half demons weren't completely worthless, he thought to himself. Although they disgusted him, they were so desperate for acceptance into any community he was able to use them to do some of his dirty work. His best drug smugglers were half demons, since nobody suspected them of doing anything. They blended in well with humans since disguising spells worked so much more easily on them than on full fledged demons. They were tough, since they were bullied so much as children. He took full advantage of this as well, training many of them to be fighters. A good fight always brought in a lot of money. His club, however, didn't allow humans, but there were absolutely no laws protecting half demons since there were so few. Especially since nobody cared about their fates.

The man looked at his watch and saw that the mysterious stranger meeting him was running late. He knew that this was about the diplomat coming to New York, and he had to admit that finding a human girl to the diplomats liking was proving impossible, which frightened him. He bragged that he had the best tasting humans to offer, but considering how few humans were available for this, this wasn't really a bragging right. He had an air of nonchalance, but in reality he was terrified. This defiance could be the death of him and the only thing he could do was explain that finding a willing human was difficult. He had even kidnapped a few children, but the man was outraged he picked up children. He had nothing against eating children, in fact he was open to eating their flesh, but when it came to blood, he liked young women with heroin coursing through their veins. Preferably women who had very little experience with drugs, which made the plight that much more difficult.

A dark limo pulled up next to the tall man and the door opened. He looked around and got in, being greeted by a woman wearing a traditional red and white kimono, red eyes, and a high bun on her head.

“Greetings Hiten, I was afraid you wouldn't show,” the woman said.

“Kagura, it's good to see you after all these centuries. You haven't aged a day,” he said dryly.

“Let's cut the shit. Have you found someone for Naraku yet or not?”

Hiten was astonished at her bluntness. “Unfortunately no. It's difficult to find a willing girl that's inexperienced.”

Kagura pulled out her fan and let it open slowly. “Interesting… Have you tried hosting a rave for humans at your club? Or even going to a rave? It'd be easy enough to slip drugs into unknowing humans and work from there.”

Hiten thought about this. That could be dangerous, but it just might work. “I hadn't thought about that idea before. That's genius. But we can't put straight heroin into their blood, maybe something lighter like acid, that way we can see how they'll act.”

Kagura smiled. “Now you're thinking. You have two weeks to find a girl, and if you don't, we'll find someone that will.”

Hiten gave her a wolfish grin. “Not to fret, my wind mistress, a girl will be provided.”

“You know what will happen if you don't find a girl by the deadline, correct?” Kagura asked him, showing her fangs in a wolfish smile.

He stared at her, daring her to say the worst.

“You remember my sister, Kanna, correct? The Soul Stealer? She could use another soul for her collection. I think yours would do quite nicely for her mirror…”

“You can't scare me with that,” Hiten argued. “I know all of your tricks.”

Kagura laughed. “Oh, not all of them. I'll be checking on you periodically over the next couple of weeks, even if I have to lend you a hand. But be warned,” she said, suddenly moving from her seat to be less than an inch from Hiten's face. Her voice dropped an octave and sounded like a hiss, “If you fail, you will regret ever promising anything for Lord Naraku.”

The car stopped in front of his club and he stepped out. When the door shut the limo took off in a hurry, leaving Hiten to let out a shaky breath. He didn't realize he had been holding his breath.

He decided that this would be a good time to use one of his halflings to find out about a rave and work his new plan there. Perhaps, just perhaps, the right girl would be there and he could snatch her up.

He began to plot. If he could just send a Halfling, it wouldn't be so difficult. That or he needed a human to go to the college campuses to find out when a rave would be happening. Or any party, really. A large crowd with drunk women would be easy to work with.

He felt himself relax. As much as he hated the Wind Sorceress, he knew that she had a fairly good idea and he planned to milk it as much as possible.