InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Desperation ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Seven
Inuyasha sat on the edge of the bath as Sesshoumaru removed his bandages.
“Fuck!” He swore as they were pulled away from his chest.
Once all of them were gone Sesshoumaru gave him a quick look over.
“You are doing well. A few days and you'll be fully healed.”
“Good.” He tried to stand on his own only to sag. Sesshoumaru caught him. “Damn it!” He growled. “I fucking hate this.”
“Be thankful you don't heal as slowly as humans do.”
“Keh, no fuck'n kidding asshole.”
Sesshoumaru had to bite back a chuckle. Inuyasha was feeling much better.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~
 
Ayumi walked into the kitchen were Kagome's mom was making some breakfast for the hanyou.
“Um, Mrs. Higurashi?” She was a little nervous.
“Yes dear,” she gave her a warm smile.
“Does Inuyasha always talk like that?”
“Like what dear?” She asked though she had a good idea.
“I just walked by the bathroom and he was yelling at his brother using some really foul language.”
Kagome walked in yawning and rubbing the back of her neck.
“Don't mind him Ayumi, he's always like this when he's hurt. He'll calm down after a bit.” Her mom turned toward her at the sound of her voice.
“I'm glad to see you up dear. Did you sleep well?”
Kagome sat down and gave her mom and friend a bright smile.
“Yeah, it wasn't long enough though. I'm thankful to Sesshoumaru. Inuyasha was having a little trouble in the night and he let me pull energy from him again. If he hadn't I would still be sleeping.” She finished as her mom set a plate of pancakes in front of her.
“I'm glad that he's been so helpful dear. Are you going to lie back down after you eat?”
“No,” she shook her head. “I know that Inuyasha will want to be outside after breakfast. I want to stay close to him. Mama, have you seen Shippo?”
“He went upstairs to play video games with Souta. He didn't stay awake for very long though. He's curled up on the bed sound asleep. Your brother is watching over him for you.”
Kagome sighed, she had been a little concerned about his whereabouts when she woke and he wasn't there.
“I'm glad that they get along so well. Shippo is going to need a friend, it's going to take a little while to get used to this time period.” She took a bite of her breakfast.
“He's young and enthusiastic it won't take him very long.”
“I'm sure your right.” She frowned. “I'm worried about Inuyasha though.”
“Why?” Ayumi asked.
“What Shippo said last night, and the well letting him through was weird. If it closed and Inuyasha is stuck here it's going to be really hard on him to adjust.”
“How hard could it be?” Yuka asked as she and Eri came into the kitchen.
“My,” Eri laughed. “He's very vocal when he's stressed isn't he?” She laughed some more. “Yuka's right, how hard could it be? He's our age, a couple of years older maybe. He can't be too set in his ways.” The two of them sat down.
Kagome sighed and pushed her plate away.
“He's extremely set in his ways. He's just over two-hundred years old.”
Ayumi gasped, Eri choked on the bacon she was eating, and Yuka spit her tea out.
“You're kidding!” Yuka nearly yelled. “No one can live that long.”
“Youkai are immortal unless slain. So as hanyou his life span is very long.”
“If he's that old how old is his brother,” Ayumi asked.
Kagome thought for a second.
“From what I know Sesshoumaru was close to three-hundred when Inuyasha was born. Add two-hundred, plus the five-hundred we jumped. I would think that he's nearing the thousand mark.”
“Wow,” Eri said having gotten over chocking on the bacon. “No wonder he calls Inuyasha little brother. Being eight-hundred years older has got to be weird.”
“It's closer to eight-fifty. Inuyasha spent fifty of his two hundred pinned to the sacred tree in a death like sleep.”
“That's right,” Ayumi said. “Shippo told us about that while you two were sleeping. That was really terrible.”
“What else did Shippo tell you?” Kagome inquired.
They had been talking for a few minutes with Kagome correcting some of Shippo's exaggerations when there was a knock at the kitchen door.
“I'll get it,” Mrs. Higurashi said as she dried her hands.
The girls didn't pay any attention to it until.
“Oh, hello Hojo.”