InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Desperation ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Eight
Inuyasha had just pulled some jeans on after his shower when his head came up and his ears twitched. With a growl he pushed the shirt Sesshoumaru was holding away.
“What…?” He stopped when he smelled a male in the house, one he hadn't smelled before.
“It's that fucking Hojo.” Inuyasha's voice was a feral growl.
“He's pursuing your miko?”
“Yeah, won't take no for an answer.” He took a step toward the door and his leg gave.
“Little brother,” Sesshoumaru said as he caught him. “Do not be rash. Your Kagome will not leave with him. She is very devoted to you.” He picked up the black bandana that Souta had brought with the clothes and tied it around Inuyasha's ears. He slipped his arm around the hanyou and started for the bathroom door.
“Damn it I hate being weak!” Inuyasha spat.
“You're not weak, you're injured, and there is a difference little brother.”
“Feh.”
They exited the bathroom and headed toward the kitchen.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
Yuka and Eri felt guilty as they watched Hojo try to badger Kagome into going out with him. They had encouraged him to ask her out all those times. Ayumi was the only one to see that she wasn't interested in him. They had never listened to her protests though, thinking that they knew best.
Mrs. Higurashi stood watching the same thing. Her reaction was different. It was anger. She was getting rather perturbed with the thick headed young man's persistence. She was about to tell him to leave when she caught movement from the corner of her eye.
Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru stood in the doorway. He looked better than he had yesterday morning. Now with all the blood washed away and the bandages gone she could see the lacerations on his chest clearly. They were claw marks, very large claw marks. She hoped to never see the kind of creature that could inflict so much damage.
Inuyasha leaned against the door jamb and waved his brother off. He nodded to Mrs. Higurashi and turned his gaze to Kagome. He gave a fanged smirk as he watched her holding her own in her argument against Hojo.
“It's been three years since you've been out with me. It's time you gave into my requests.” His voice was angry.
“After that long of telling you no you still don't get it!” Kagome yelled. “I'm not going to go out with you. I was willing to be friends at first. Now I want you to stay away from me!”
“Kagome…” his voice was laced with shock. He looked at her friends. “Back me up.” He pleaded.
“Sorry Hojo we can't.” Eri said.
“We never should have.” Yuka said.
He looked back at Kagome. Her face was flushed, her hands were clenched, and she was trembling in her rage. He had never seen her so angry before. She was stunning.
“Kagome please,” he was desperate.
“Hojo, for the love of all that you hold dear shut up. I am so sick of your incessant whining. I can't take it. I'm not going out with you, period.”
He looked at her and decided to try another tactic.
“Who else could you go out with?” He asked his voice full of pity now. Her eyes narrowed. “I mean you've been so sick. You've never had time to meet anyone else. And I doubt there are many men who would be willing to put up with your illnesses. I'm your one and only chance at love, and it's time you admitted it.”
“You bastard,” said a low growling voice from the doorway.
Hojo whipped his head around to see who had spoken, and got a rather disturbing shock.
Standing in the kitchen doorway were two sliver haired men. The one on the left was like ice; cold anger flowed from him in waves. The other was injured, and enraged. His amber eyes flashed and he growled.
“Inuyasha!”
Hojo was stunned when Kagome ran to the man leaning against the doorjamb. He was even more shocked by the tender look on her face as her hands flittered like butterflies over his wounded chest.
“You didn't reopen anything did you?”
“Nah, I'm fine,” he blushed at her concern. The rage melted from his gaze as he looked at her.
“You shouldn't be up yet.”
“Keh, I'm never down for long wench, you know that.” He gave her a slow sexy smirk. His tone was warm and his eyes glowed.
“How dare you insult her,” Hojo nearly yelled.
Anger started to fill his eyes again. Kagome made sure she was standing between him and Hojo. Looking over her shoulder,
“Do I look insulted Hojo?” She asked with anger in her voice. “If anyone has insulted me today it's you.”
“B-but.”
“No, I'm not going to listen to your crap anymore.”
“You'll come crawling back when no one else wants you.” He sneered in his anger at her blowing him off.
Inuyasha ran his good arm around her waist and pulled her to him.
“You sniveling bastard,” he growled. “You so much as speak to her again and I'll tear your throat out. She's mine.”
Kagome smiled at his possessiveness, shook her head, and laid her cheek on his shoulder. He tightened his hold on her.
Hojo's eyes bugged out.
“Who the hell are you?”
Kagome looked up at Inuyasha and touched his cheek. When he looked down at her she caught his eyes.
“He's the man I'm going to spend the rest of my life with.” She whispered and Inuyasha blushed.
“Keh,” he smiled, than glanced up at Hojo. “Leave now.”
“No! I'm not going to let some white haired freak take her from me.” He took a step toward them.
“Sess do you mind?”
“Not at all little brother,” he stepped in Hojo's path. With his voice dripping with ice, “You will leave now, or I shall remove you.”
Hojo looked up into Sesshoumaru's eyes and ran.