InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Desperation ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thank you all for your reviews. They're all wonderful.
 
 
Chapter Nine
 
Yuka gave Inuyasha an appraising look as Kagome helped him to the table. He was tall with broad shoulders and narrow hips. Though lean every inch of him rippled with well toned muscle. Add the nicely tanned skin and even injured he was eye candy.
“Hey Kagome,” Yuka said.
“Yeah,” she looked at her friend once she had Inuyasha seated.
“I can see one reason for you to keep him.” She said with a sly smile.
“Oh yeah,” Kagome asked with one eyebrow raised.
“He's hot.”
Kagome laughed.
“Hot? What's she mean Kagome?” He asked her a confused expression on his face.
“She means you're very pleasant to look at.”
“Oh,” he turned bright red and ducked his head.
Noticing the confused looks her friends gave her she kissed Inuyasha's cheek and nodded toward the door.
“I'll be right back okay.”
“Keh.”
As she left the room she heard her mother ask what he would like for breakfast.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~
 
“That's awful,” Ayumi looked like she might cry.
“What a bunch of losers.” Eri snapped.
“Treating him like that because he's different. It's not his fault.” Yuka said.
Kagome had taken her friends outside and explained about Inuyasha's childhood and lifelong rejection by society. She was very glad that they understood.
“You guys understand why I didn't tell you what I've been up to don't you?” She asked a bit nervously.
“Of course,” Yuka smiled. “If you had told us before we would have thought you were nuts.”
“Yeah,” Eri said. “I think finding out how we did, with the shock factor was a good thing. There was no time for disbelief.”
Ayumi nodded in agreement.
“So will you tell us how this whole thing started?” Yuka asked.
“Alright. On my fifteenth birthday…”
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*
 
Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru sat quietly in the kitchen as Inuyasha finished his breakfast.
Sesshoumaru had declined Mrs. Higurashi's offer of any. For though he was hungry he wanted something raw and he wasn't going to offend her by saying so. He would have to go home soon to eat. He was getting to the point where he could strangle someone for a nice piece of beef. He remembered that there was one more thing he needed to speak to his brother about.
Little brother?
Inuyasha looked startled for a second.
Yeah?
There is something I wish to speak to you about.
What's that? Inuyasha was starting to like this form of communication. No one could listen in.
You have asked the miko to be you mate.
Yeah you heard me ask her. What about it?
Do you know what is involved?
We have to mark each other, that damn flea said that if done right with proper mates our souls will bond. After the marking we have to, have to, he blushed and stumbled over his words.
That doesn't have to be done right away. Stay calm little brother. She will be nervous enough for the both of you.
Inuyasha nodded his ears were pinned as he thought. He knew that this needed to be done. He didn't want anyone else to try and take her from him. That Hojo was most likely out of the way but there was still… His head whipped toward the Taiyoukai.
Koga?
Still causing trouble, Sesshoumaru frowned. Last I heard of him he was living here in Tokyo. He never took a mate.
Damn it! Five-hundred years and I can't get away from the mangy wolf.
“Help me outside,” he growled making Kagome's mom jump.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
Kagome and the girls were leaning against the outside of the house near the door. She had just finished giving a short explanation of the last four years when movement caught her eye.
Walking toward the house was a petite woman wearing a deep blue kimono. Her dark waist length hair hung loosely down her back. She was smiling openly and her eyes sparkled. In her left hand she carried a small cooler.
Kagome rose and stepped toward the woman.
“May I help you?” She asked her pleasantly. She hoped to get this over with quickly. They didn't need anyone else seeing Inuyasha in his current state.
“Yes I'm…”
They both turned at the sound of the door opening, and Inuyasha's grumbling. Once the door was open the wind changed now flowing toward the house. With the shift in the air Sesshoumaru's head came up.
He nearly dropped Inuyasha in his rush to reach the tiny woman. Causing her to drop the cooler he pulled her into his arms. She laughed when he pulled her off her feet and buried his nose in her hair.
“I missed you.” His voice was gruff.
“Sess put me down,” her voice was gentle.
He reluctantly did as she requested. Once she was standing in front of him she reached up and placed her small hand on his cheek.
“I missed you too my love. I brought you some breakfast.” There was so much adoration in her face and voice. Kagome knew of only one person that looked at Sesshoumaru that way.
“Rin.”