InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Desperation ❯ Chapter 20

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Twenty
 
Their clothes were scattered around the room, and the blankets lay on the floor. Inuyasha was laying on his side his head resting on Kagome just below her breasts. As he listened to her steady heartbeat he gently ran his claws down her side. She wrapped her hand in his hair as she shivered from the light touch.
“What are you thinking?” Her voice was quiet.
“I like your skin. I like how soft you are.” He ran his fingers down her side again. This time the pads of his fingers made the connection. “What were you thinking about?”
“That I love you so much it hurts.”
His head jerked up and he turned wide eyes on her.
“What do you mean?”
“Oh Inuyasha,” She pulled him towards her and kissed him soundly. “I mean that my heart craves you. It aches to be this close to you.” She held him tightly. “I'm so glad that we're here together and won't be apart anymore.”
“I miss you when you're gone,” she barely heard the whispered words.
“I miss you when you're in the other room. It was always horrid to be separated by the well.”
“So this loving me till it hurts isn't a bad thing?” He had that sexy fanged smirk on his face.
“No it's a very good thing.” She smiled back.
“Good,” he leaned over her. “I love you.”
“I love you too.”
She looked like she wanted to say more, but he kissed her. Thoroughly.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~
 
“Mama, Mama!”
Kagome and Inuyasha were awakened by Shippo's yell as he jumped on the bed.
“Aunt Sango says it's time to get up.”
Kagome lifted her head from Inuyasha's chest. She had used him as a pillow all night. She had one arm uncovered and slung across his stomach. She blushed as she looked at the bouncing child.
“Good morning Shippo.”
“Oi, knock next time runt,” He slapped half heartedly at Shippo.
“Okay Papa, I will. Hurry or you'll miss breakfast.” He jumped off the bed and ran for the door. Just before reaching it he slid to a stop. “I almost forgot. Mama the little silver box Grandma gave you was making a funny noise. Aunt Sango said it was ringing. She looked at the little screen thing and said it was `Fawn calling'. I don't know what she meant.”
“I'll explain later. Now out I have to get dressed.”
Once Shippo was out the door she scrabbled out of the bed and ran for the bathroom.
“Inuyasha will you go get my phone I need to call her back.”
“Who's Fawn,” he asked with a hint of amusement lacing his voice. He had enjoyed watching her run across the room unclothed. He shook his head; he was as bad as the monk.
“She's my friend from America. Please hurry, I have to call her back soon.” He heard the shower start.
“I'll go get it.” He called as he pulled his jeans on.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*
 
“Who are you calling?” Brook asked as she pulled her long red hair back.
Fawn hung up the phone as she turned.
“I was leaving a message for my friend Kagome.”
“She's the girl in Japan right?”
“Yeah, she's usually up by now. I'm sure she'll call back in a few.”
“What time is it over there?”
“Let me think,” Fawn pulled on her short brown curls. “It's four Monday afternoon here. Then it's eight Tuesday morning there.”
“So they're,” Brook quickly counted the hours to herself, “sixteen hours ahead of us.”
“Yeah, I usually call her later.”
“Why so early this time?”
“I wanted to ask her something,” Fawn had a slightly guilty look on her face.
“What?” Brook crossed her arms.
“I was going to ask her what she thought about coming out here for a visit.”
“Have you asked Shadara about this yet?”
“No,” Fawn shook her head. “I wanted to ask Kagome about it first. There's no point in bothering Shadara if Kagome's not interested in the trip.”
“You have a point. Shadara hates that.”
“And she's been in a particularly bad mood lately.”
“That's putting it lightly.” Brook ran her hand over her face. “I'll be glad when she's done with this assignment. I don't know why the Queen has her going to that back water collage.”
“It's a damn good thing the year is almost over. I don't think she can take much more. Has she said much to you about it?”
“No, I've tried to pull it out of her too. She just won't talk to me. The last couple of weeks the most she's said was `get your weapons'. Then she ran my behind all over the practice field. I've never seen her this frustrated.”
“We'll figure out how to cheer her up. Should I call her after I talk to Kagome or wait till she gets home?”
“Call her. There's no guarantee she'll be home tonight.”
“Okay. I wonder if Kagome will want to bring her boyfriend along.”
“You'll have to ask,” Brooks voice faded as her eyes grew distant.
“What do you see?”
“Six,” she shook her head to clear her sight. “Counting your friend there will be six coming. One's a cat.”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~
 
“Hey Kagome it's Fawn. Give me a call back as soon as you can. I have a question for you. Talk to you later. Bye.”
Kagome and Inuyasha were walking toward the kitchen as she listened to Fawn's message. As she flipped her phone shut,
“What did your friend want?” Inuyasha asked.
“She said that she wants to ask me something. I'll have to call her back.”
“No idea what it could be about?”
“I'm not sure. I was hoping that maybe we could go and visit her.”
“Where did you say she lives?”
“In America.”
“That's the big country across the ocean right?”
“One of them yes.” Her brow furrowed as she thought. “Would you like to go?”
“As long as the whole pack goes.”
“Really,” she was shocked that he wasn't fighting her on this.
“Keh,” he looked a little embarrassed. “I don't want to be separated again.” It came as a whisper that she barely heard.
She took his hand and pulled him to a stop.
“I don't want to be either.”
“Keh, call your friend,” his voice was rough. He gave her hand a squeeze then headed toward the kitchen again.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*
 
“Hello.” Fawn's chipper voice rang through Kagome's phone.
“Hi Fawn, its Kagome.”
“Hey I knew it wouldn't take you long to get back to me.”
“So you had a question for me?”
“Yeah, I was wondering if you would be willing to come out here for a visit.”
Kagome squealed.
“YES! Very much a yes.”
“Great! Is there anyone else that you want to bring with you?”
“Actually there is. Inuyasha for one.
“He's your beau right?”
“Well,” Kagome blushed. “He's a bit more then that now.”
“Whoo Hoo! About time girl!”
“Not the reaction I was expecting.”
“Hey, don't worry about it. I'm really happy for you. You've been completely crazy about him for longer then I've know you. So is it legal yet.”
“No, I don't know if we will.”
“Ah, no biggy the spiritual part is what's important the government should stay out of your biz any way. So who else is coming with you?”
“Well Inuyasha said that we could go as long as the whole pa- um, family does. So there would be Shippo…”
“He's your little boy right?”
“Yes and there's also Sango and Miroku. Oh, also Sango's cat Kirara.”
“Kay that makes six,” `dead on Brook Fawn thought. “I've got to call Shadara and clear everything with her then I'll call you back and we can set everything up.”
“You haven't talked to her yet?”
“Hell no, I needed to know if you even wanted to come out here before I asked her anything.”
“Why?”
“Because with the job she has right now she's been madder than a hornet that's had its nest kicked in. I mean, Damn, the woman is so pissed all the time.”
“Should we wait to visit then,” Kagome sounded a bit worried.
“Nah, she needs something to take her mind off of whatever it is. I just needed to make sure about you wanting to first. She gets miffed if we ask her something like this and then it falls through is all. So go confer with your people and let me know. Then I'll call her.”
“Sounds like a plan.”
“Cross your fingers and pray she's in a good mood. I like my head where it is.”
“I will and I'll call you in a little bit.”
“Kay, in a bit then.”
They hung up as Kagome stepped into the kitchen.
Nearly everyone was sitting around the table. Only Rin and Sesshoumaru were missing. Shippo looked up from his pancakes and smiled.
“Hi Mama.”
She walked over to him and kissed the top of his head.
“Morning baby.”
“Who were you talking to?”
“My friend from America, Fawn, she wanted to ask me something.” She got something to eat and sat down between her mate and her child.
“What was it?” Sango asked.
“She wanted to know if I wanted to go out there for a visit.”
“Cool.” Eri commented.
“You should totally go,” Yuka said. Ayumi nodded in agreement.
“Remember my condition wench.” Inuyasha said setting his glass down.
“Of course,” she smiled at him. He gave her a smirk in return.
“What condition?” Miroku inquired.
“That the whole pack goes.”
“Will your friend be okay with that? There are six of us after all.” Sango reached down next to her chair and ran a hand over Kirara.
“I already told her what Inuyasha said, she said it was okay. She's calling her friend now to make sure it's alright.”
“Why would she have to ask her friend?” Inuyasha cocked an eyebrow at her.
“Fawn and two other girls, Brook and Annie, live with their friend Shadara. It's her house so they have to ask her first.”
“Are you sure about this?” Sango asked. “I mean six more people in her house might be too much. It could get crowded.”
“Don't worry about that.” Kagome replied. “The house is huge, there's more than enough room. And it's out in the woods with lots of land surrounding it.”
“What does this Shadara do for a living?” Miroku had a curious expression cross his face.
“I know that she raises and trains horses. I don't think that's all she does though. Fawn said something about her job really making her angry right now. So I have no idea what else she does.”
“Maybe she's having trouble with a horse right now.” Sango said.
“That's probably what it is.”
Kagome's phone rang; she picked it up, and looked at it.
“It's Fawn,” she flipped it open.
“Hello.” She paused. “Okay we'll do our best. I'll call you later and we can confirm what day we'll leave here.” She paused again. “Alright later,” She flipped it closed.
“I take it her friend said yes?” Miroku asked with one eyebrow raised.
“Yeah, Shadara's exact words were. `As long as they stay the bloody hell out of my way, I don't give a damn.'”
“Well I guess we're going on a trip then.” Sango said with a grin.