InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Do You Love Me? ❯ The Girls' Are Out To Play ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: Nothing right now. So enjoy~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Do You Love Me?

Chapter Five

The Girls' Are Out To Play

By: blue sakuras

Kagome was having one of those days. You know, like when you go to the bookstore to find a book you REALLY need for school tomorrow, only to find it's out? And then you have to ask your mom to go to another bookstore, which you then proceed to get lost at. Yeah, one of those days. (AN: I just went out and tried to find Shades of Gray, by Carolyn Reeder. Borders was out, so we went to another one, but we got lost on the way there, and drove aroud for half an hour befor finding it. -.-)

"Sesshoumaru?" she asked in a sweet, innocent, sugarcoated voice.

"What?" he looked at her suspicsiously. (I always spell that wrong. -.-;)

"Oh, I wanted to know," she cut off, before grabbing his hair roughly, "Why the hell you told me you had kids." Her voice turned from innocent and light, to angry and violent.

Sesshoumaru quickly released Kagome's tight hold on his hair, and then took a few steps back. He knew tempermental women when he saw one.

"I did no such thing." The golden rule with women was: If caught, deny, deny, deny.

Sesshoumaru learned that the hard way, with Rin.

"What? You did!" Rin shouted, walking fast from across the room. She grabbed his hair. Damn it, all the women were targeting him today. And especially his hair.

What did he do?

Oh yeah.

Where the hell did Rin pop out from anyway?

"I apologize for whatever my husband has do-" and Rin cut off, looking for the first time, at the face of Kagome.

"KAGOME!" she squealed. "Yay!" and she went up and hugged the shocked girl. "You haven't changed at all!"

"You have." Rin let go.

"Yeah. It's so blah." Kagome gave her a good look over. Rin was grown up now, as she had been aging for the past 500 years. Her face was still radiating cuteness and her hair had been grown long. It was up to her waist, and tied into a low ponytail. She was obviously pregnant, her stomach a dead giveaway. She was wearing a pastel yellow sundress, and a pair of loop earrings.

"Well, you still look like you!" Kagome exclaimed, before all the happiness, and partially because of Rin's smile, got to her and she hugged Rin fiercely.

"Sesshou! You didn't tell me!" the girl quickly turned to corner her husband. "AND you told her you had kids! What is that?" she looked at him curiously. "You don't have another secret family somewhere else that's living off of your work money do you?"

Sesshoumaru gave his wife a strange look.

"No," he began slowly, "I said no such thing." He was still applying those rules. He'd probably tell them the truth…… when he was safely in his car, at LEAST five miles away, and on the cell phone with them.

"Sesshoumaru……" Rin said warningly (another word I just made up! All the funness!).

Sesshoumaru slowly backed away from his scary, scary, scaaaaary wife.

Kagome just watched, amused at how Sesshoumaru was reacting to Rin.

"So, Sesshoumaru. Is this how you react to Rin now? It's a bit differently than I recall, but very amusing and entertaining." This remark got a deadpan look from both Sesshoumaru and Rin.

"Kagome, please excuse us for a minute." Rin said, smiling at her and addressing her with a kind voice. However, when she turned away to look at her husband, her eyes were piercing and her expression on her face, was… well…..

Scary.

Sesshoumaru took one look at that face, and quickly stepped behind a chair. He then proceeded to grab random things from the shelf and his desk and place them behind him.

Kagome was confused.

"Rin, I'll visit you another time k?" Kagome asked nervously as she started sneaking towards the door.

"That will be good. Yes." Rin said in a low, creepy voice. She inched towards Sesshoumaru.

Kagome ran out of the room. Behind her, she could hear `manly' screams coming from Sesshoumaru.

`My God. Note to self. Never, NEVER upset Rin in the slightest when she's pregnant.' Kagome thought to herself, though chuckling at their cute relationship.

^.~

"What the HELL were you thinking about?" Miroku prompted at Inuyasha. The hanyou just glared and growled. He sat there, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-…. Wait. No. That wasn't it.

He was pissed. Last night, he had awoken to loud, rude laughter. That was directed at him.

The most unexpected person had woken him up, and still had NOT told him why everyone was laughing at him. He was extremely irritated.

"What the fuck does everyone find so funny?" he raged to no one in particular.

"You smell funny." A little voice said next to his ear. (AN: No, he hasn't gone insane.)

"Ack!" and he promptly fell out of the tree he was currently occupying. Head first.

"SHIPPOU! You gave me a heart attack!" he yelled at the laughing kitsune rolling all over the tree branch that Inuyasha was on, before he fell.

"But - giggle - you were - snort - too - chuckle - stupid to smell - screeh of laughter - to notice me!" and the little fox demon stood up proudly, strutting his chest. "I've improved on my sneaking attacks!" and Inuyasha growled. That kid with his ego.

"Or maybe I was just wondering why the hell everyone's laughing." Shippou hopped off the tree and next to Inuyasha. He sat down and looked thougtful.

"I don't know either. Everytime I try to ask someone, they all burst out laughing."

Inuyasha gave Shippou a long, hard look before deciding to do what he was going to do.

"AHHHH!!!"

He flung Shippou away. Far far away. Far, far, far away.

"INUYASHA!" Sango, who just happened to be around to see that little `bonding' moment between Inuyasha and Shippou. The hanyou's ears cringed at the noise. Man, Sango could sure shriek. Nice and high-pitched too.

"Whaaaat?" he whined.

"Miroku's crying and sobbing all over the place. Go talk to him."

"What?"

(AN: This is getting to be so random. How fun! ^_^)

^.~

"What?"

Kagome gave the boy a strange look. "What do you MEAN when you say that Buyo tore it up?"

The boy looked frightened. Extremely frightened.

"Buyo tore it up." He said in a whisper, as if speaking a decibel louder would make her blow up.

"S-s-o-u-u-t-t-a-a-a-a~" Kagome sang in a sickly sweet tone, which made signals in Souta's eyes go `RUN RUN RUN!'. Too bad his reaction was too late.

"WHAT DID YOU DO!" it wasn't a question. It was a command.

And he REALLY didn't want to answer that, because he didn't want to die.

"Souta. NOW." His caring sister was now holding tightly on his arm.

"Ow…… Kagome! That's my game arm! I can't score higher than Tasuki on games if you hurt my game arm!"

"Then fess up!"

"Buyo!"

"Souta!"

"Buyo!"

"Souta!"

"BU- OWWWW!"

Souta screamed like a girl. No wait, his scream was that of a girl's. His scream shattered windows, broke people's eardrums, and broke Mrs. Higurashi's favorite china plate.

Not really, but you get the idea.

"Why are you screaming?" Kagome, who had let go of her brother's arm in favor of covering her ears, turned to look at what Souta was gawking at.

"Souta, that is a set of pipes you got there."

It was Inuyasha.

^.~

"What do you mean, `Sango burned all my preciouses?'"

"She burned them all! ALL! Not one was left! Inuyasha! Get her back NOW!" Miroku blubbered, sobbing all over the place.

(AN: Wondering what it is? ^^)

"What the hell did she burn?"

Inuyasha was confused. Miroku was NEVER like this, unless she had….. had…… no…..

"She didn't."

Miroku looked at Inuyasha with teary eyes and nodded sorrowfully.

"And you're crying over that?"

Again, the monk nodded.

"You pervert."

And proceeded to thwack Miroku on the head.

"Stop it. I'm in enough grief already."

Inuyasha snorted. Taking his stance of leaning against the wall, and folding his arms across his chest, he spoke.

"Just because she fuckin' burned your dirty pictures?"

Miroku gasped, and looked at Inuyasha horrified.

"They are not `dirty pictures', as you so eloquently put it." Miroku began, "They have a name, and it's called Playboy. Learn something." Finishing his talk full of knowledge, Miroku stormed out of the hut, leaving a dramatic effect.

Well, he would have left one if he hadn't stepped in a bucket of fish heads' right in front of the hut door.

"AHHH!"

Kaede proceeded to look inside the hut at Inuyasha.

"Don't look at me."

Kaede then proceeded to look at the fallen monk with a bucket attached to his left foot, then at the hanyou with both hands up in defense.

Then the fallen monk.

Then the smirking hanyou.

Then the monk.

Then the hanyou.

"I'm not even going to say anything." And the old miko continued on her path to find her lost bow and arrows.

^.~

"……."

"……"

"……"

"……"

"……"

"……"

Inuyasha came upon a funny scene.

Sango and Sesshoumaru were both sitting on the ground, and staring at each other. Rin was putting flowers all over Ah-Un and had apparently put a flower chain on Jaken. It appeared that Sango and Sesshoumaru were also victims of the flower-obsessed girl.

(AN: This is an inside joke. My friend's an artist, who happens to draw VERY well. And she draws Rin all the time. Everytime she draws Rin, there's always a flower in her hair or in her hand or in the grass right next to her. ^^ This is dedicated to Cynthia, althougth she'd totally kill me for even mentioning her…… oh well! ^^)

"Hello?"

"……"

"……"

"……"

"……"

"What the hell are you two doing?"

"……"

"……"

"……"

"……"

"……"

"……"

"……"

"……"

"……"

"……"

Inuyasha was annoyed. Thoroughly, thoroughly annoyed.

"TALK!"

Both ignored him, giving the silence more time for conversing. (AN: what?)

"……"

"……"

"……"

"……"

"……"

"……"

"……"

"Fucking stop it. Oh and Sango?"

The said girl still ignored him, staring intently at Sesshoumaru, with a really strained angry look on her face. (AN: again, what?)

"Miroku's begging me for my copies of Playboy. Should I give them to him?"

The reaction was instantaneous.

Sango, thoroughly irritated by Inuyasha, and Sesshoumaru, got up and stared him right in the eye. There was a murderous look in it, one that made Inuyasha want to curl up and die.

"No."

Oh, talking through gritted teeth is the last straw for Sango. One more little irritation, then she would kill something. More correctly, somebody. Even more so specific, any male that pushed her buttons ONE more time……

"I win."

Sango now snapped her attention, her extremely ANGRY attention upon the youkai lord. (AN: Hm…… That reminds me of the Lion King. I don't know why……)

"Sesshoumaru. No. Redo."

"No, that was our conditions. No redos. No breaks. Whoever wins, wins."

"NO!"

"Yes."

"NO!"

"Yes."

"N-" Inuyasha cupped a hand over Sango's mouth from behind.

"Don't fall for this, it's the women's dangerous minds! I fell for this and so did Miroku! Watch it!" he hissed, and removed his hand quickly when Sango opened her mouth slightly, acting to bit the hanyou.

"What do you mean `dangerous'?"

Inuyasha quickly backed away, frowning slightly at his little slip-up with the big secret of the mystical creatures called `women'.


Sango quickly closed the little distance between her and Inuyasha in one big step. Oh, she was annoyed alright.

She put up both of her arms, as if to grab Inuyasha, but was stopped by a hand on her shoulder.

"Stop it."

^.~

"……"

Inuyasha quirked an eyebrow.

"……"

He closed his eyes, twitching.

"……"

Inuyasha took a deep breath.

"……"

He opened his eyes, and turned his head to glare Kagome, who was currently staring unbelievably at him. (AN: Am I making up words again?)

"Would you stop it?"

Kagome looked away, staring at her feet, which had become oh-so-interesting to her all of a sudden.

Inuyasha sighed deeply and rubbed his head. This was going to be hard to explain.

Very hard.

^.~

"Miroku."

The monk quickly took his hand off of his wife's shoulder, but still remained focuses on his goal.

To get his PREGNANT wife calm.

"You shouldn't do that. And calm down."

This just made her madder.

"I am NOT going to calm down."

And gave Miroku a cold, cold, cold glare.

That scared him. But it still didn't deter him from his goal. He was just going to be a LITTLE more careful around his wife.

"Why?" That was a good approach. Now for the following.

"One. HE," And gestured towards Sesshoumaru, who stood watching Miroku's face. It was really amusing. "wants me to talk to Rin about……" Sango trailed off, now embarassed to talk about IT in front of Inuyasha, who was probably more shy about the topic than she was.

"What?" Miroku was really confused. First, he was picked on by his tempermental wife who had found his secret stash of `Playboys'. Then, Inuyasha made him step into a bucket of fish heads. THEN, he had walked into the forest, hoping to relax, when he heard his wife shouting.

The question he asked just gave him more abuse.

The glare he got from Sango made him want to shrivel up and die right then and there. Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru watching him cringe wasn't helping either.

"Ok, what's the second?"

"Inuyasha and his playboys." This brought a big reaction from Miroku.

He lunged towards Inuyasha and grabbed the startled hanyou by his shoulders and shook him.

"Why didn't you tell me YOU have a stash too? We can share!"

::BAM::

Hiraikotsu met an old friend, and Miroku ate dirt.

"There we go!" Sango radiated happiness. The two remanding standing, whose faces had turned into those of fright, Sesshoumaru's was more of an eyebrow-less blank expression.

Inuyasha was just staring at Sango with a `what-the-fuck' expression.

"Give me your magazines." She stated in a grave and dead tone. Her look was the one that told him to surrender, or be dead.

"I don't have any. I was just joking." He reasoned, only to have the pregnant woman charge towards him with her gigantic weapon. She was rudely stopped by a hand, grasping her weapon, and with brute force, taking it away.

"I can't have you laying in bed, half-dead telling Rin about reproduction."

Oooo……. His eyes were gleaming. Not good. (AN: hot though! ^^)

"Die you asses."

^.~

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN `I'm from here, and I want to make a change in what I did 500 years ago?" Kagome ranted at the hanyou sitting calmly in her living room.

"That's exactly what I mean."

"Hmph."

Kagome was taking all this extremely well.

"How do you want me to clarify this? That I lived 500 years with that bastard of a half-brother just to look for you and tell you to unseal the fuckin' well? Or that I wanted to see you to slap you silly with your foolishness at this situation. Because even if," his voice gentled down, "Even if you didn't want to see me anymore, there was still Sango, Miroku, and even that brat." He looked at her regretfully. "I didn't make you give all those up did I?" he whispered, and Kagome suddenly felt ashamed.

All her duties and promises to her loyal, no matter how eccentric friends were broken because of her selfishness with her little `break up' with Inuyasha.

"Are they?" Kagome asked him carefully, not wanting to hear what she feared.

Inuyasha looked at her sadly, his face filled with grief.

"No." Tears streamed down her cheeks, and this time Inuyasha comforted her. He grasped her shoulders and hugged her.

"Cry all you want, just cry." He whispered sweetly into her ear.

Because this time, it was a reason to cry. Her friends who had seemed alive just a few weeks ago, had ages beyond comprehension, 500 years. They probably waited for her to return through the well the rest of their lives.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

AN: Sorry for the long time! I was stuck, but I hope this long chapter makes up a little for it!

And I wanted to tell everyone about my killer headache and drowsy pills.

I have a killer headache and I'm taking pills that make me more drowsy than a drunk person. (those were the doctor' words. I don't really feel anything, except an urge to sleep. Then again, I've always had one, even before the pill……)

Go and read LIFF! Well, I hope it's posted up by the time THIS is posted up. It's another lil' angsty piece on Inu/Kag. It's alternate universe though! Remember to keep that in mind.

Oh and I have a HUGE paper due tomorrow. Don't bother me. I'll try to get my next chapter posted up as soon as possible.

Ja Ne~